PDA

View Full Version : Armalite?

ap3572001
12-06-2011, 8:11 AM
I hear a lot on the forum about Noveske, DD,BCM, COLT and never hear much about Armalite. How do their Uppers, rifles compare ?

evidens83
12-06-2011, 8:20 AM
First it was Colt. Then LMT. Now Armalite??? lol

ap3572001
12-06-2011, 8:24 AM

Getting a Colt (6920):) Just to have one. , Looking at Armalite Uppers right now. Don't hear much about them.

pacifico23
12-06-2011, 8:30 AM
Haters gonna Hate. Personally I think they are top tier. They went downhill for a bit when Eagle arms purchased them, and people were misconstruing the eagle AR line with Armalites AR's. Maybe its cause Im a fan boy, since I own an Armalite M-15 upper. But I never had one problem with it. Going on about 6k round or so. Armalite specs are right up there. You dont hear to many people have them cause their price point. For the same price you can get a BCM or another flavor of the month. But if you catch Armalite during one of their sales, you cant beat it. I paid 399 for m15 upper during a 4th of july sale. Here is mine, I have changed a few things for my personal preference. Here is their specs sheet (more than most manufacturers release)
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_27/197755_ARMALITE_TECHNICAL_SPEC_INFORMATION___UPDAT ED_11_16_11___ADDED_FIREARM_WEIGHTS.html

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/acesnkush/dont%20tread%20on%20me/armalite4.jpg

peter95
12-06-2011, 9:33 AM

ROFL... Seriously....

Next in line.

Stag, dpms, del-ton, bushmaster etc.... haha

anyways.... Armalite is very good IMO.
The owner was in the military himself and started the business and making quality and innovative parts...

Someone correct me if i'm wrong. This is what I have read in an article before....

crazychinaman
12-06-2011, 9:44 AM
Nothing .Just the lowers are listed as AW.So nobody wants to buy just the upper. They are actually made my Aeroprescion.

ap3572001
12-06-2011, 9:44 AM
ROFL... Seriously....

Next in line.

Stag, dpms, del-ton, bushmaster etc.... haha

anyways.... Armalite is very good IMO.
The owner was in the military himself and started the business and making quality and innovative parts...

Someone correct me if i'm wrong. This is what I have read in an article before....

:) Like I said, I will buy a 6920. I also have a NEW LMT factory lower and want the best upper for it. I thought of just buying LMT basic upper , but started looking at others. Armalite looks really good. What do You all think? Also, I noticed that most guys I know who carry regular AR's at work ( not full-auto) are nuts about RRA MID-LENTGH 16" rifles ????

RAMCHARGER
12-06-2011, 9:55 AM
I have a ARMALITE mid length upper and its been 110% perfect for going on 3 years now. Even when the strippers that tagged along with us ran a few BETA MAGS full of missmatched steel cased Wolf/Bear rabbid dog mystery ammo through it in Las Vegas while visting my buddies.

RAMCHARGER
12-06-2011, 10:03 AM
:) Like I said, I will buy a 6920. I also have a NEW LMT factory lower and want the best upper for it. I thought of just buying LMT basic upper , but started looking at others. Armalite looks really good. What do You all think? Also, I noticed that most guys I know who carry regular AR's at work ( not full-auto) are nuts about RRA MID-LENTGH 16" rifles ????

I had the RRA upper before I bought the Armalite. The Armalite has worked out better.
Some ammo "short stroked" in my RRA so I got rid of it since thats all the ammo I could get in the Obama ammo shortage days. Worked flawlessly in the Armalite. Also the RRA had to be kept "wetter"

stevie
12-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I have had no problems with my Armalite uppers..

Armalite customer service is top notch.

I have an AR-10 rifle since the 90's, its never been working 100%. So I finally got with Armalite this year. They updated all the parts and now its working great.

After 10 years or so they still was willing to make it work. Their only comment was "why did I wait so long to return it"...

louscamaro91
12-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I have many Armalite uppers, my absolute favorite.

Grassninja
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
OP, do you post these topics just to run your post count up or something? You ask questions that are either ambiguous or seemingly ignorant; can you not think for yourself? Are you unable to do a search on the internet and draw your own conclusions? It's one thing to have done research and come here to refine your opinion based on what you have learned. It's entirely another thing to just sit in your chair and make everyone else do the work for you.

I find it absurd, though not surprising or unheard of, that someone could run up nearly 2,300 posts here and not know a damn thing about firearms.

/rant off
/flamesuit on

:lurk5:

LTP90
12-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I have a ARMALITE mid length upper and its been 110% perfect for going on 3 years now. Even when the strippers that tagged along with us ran a few BETA MAGS full of missmatched steel cased Wolf/Bear rabbid dog mystery ammo through it in Las Vegas while visting my buddies.

Ok you win, I'm sold. ARAMLITE upper=strippers shooting it. check!

stevie
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Armalite is having their 12 days of Xmas. Keep you eyes peeled for daily deals. They may have something you want.

pacifico23
12-06-2011, 12:22 PM
OP, do you post these topics just to run your post count up or something? You ask questions that are either ambiguous or seemingly ignorant; can you not think for yourself? Are you unable to do a search on the internet and draw your own conclusions? It's one thing to have done research and come here to refine your opinion based on what you have learned. It's entirely another thing to just sit in your chair and make everyone else do the work for you.

I find it absurd, though not surprising or unheard of, that someone could run up nearly 2,300 posts here and not know a damn thing about firearms.

/rant off
/flamesuit on

Really? Try gogling Armalite AR upper threads post 2010. Very few out there compared to all other AR upper forum related topics. Youll find a bunch on the ar10 but not too much regarding their m15 uppers compared to all the other brands.

huckberry668
12-06-2011, 1:30 PM
Armalite is my favorite AR maker. I have several and have friends who have several. They are top tier. My AR15T model uppers all shoot less than MOA all day long. Here is my AR10T range report I did a couple of years ago.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=287860

jonc
12-06-2011, 1:32 PM
i like

maxima
12-06-2011, 2:11 PM
Owning a few armalite uppers, 16" middies and 20" rifles. Very accurate and reliable. Really love mine.

BTW, Armalite invented mid length gas system as I know.

hcbr
12-06-2011, 2:12 PM
armalites are good

SoCalSig1911
12-06-2011, 2:40 PM
Armalite is good because Edward Norton mentions them in Fight Club! lol

NorCalK9.com
12-06-2011, 2:46 PM

/rant off
/flamesuit on

Bud you're a straight hater! Who cares why he starts a thread! You guys kill me with your stupid little kid comments!
Op armalite lowers are banned in ca and thats why you hear so little about them but their uppers are very good.

Cyc Wid It
12-06-2011, 3:17 PM
This guy starts 2 threads a day... one for every manufacturer/type of firearm? Search is your friend.

skkeeter
12-06-2011, 3:38 PM
This guy starts 2 threads a day... one for every manufacturer/type of firearm? Search is your friend.

I just checked his posts. Looks like the OP can't make his own decisions, but bases his purchases or opinions on what's the most popular:rolleyes: Being self sufficient goes a long way around here.

louscamaro91
12-06-2011, 4:05 PM
I just checked his posts. Looks like the OP can't make his own decisions, but bases his purchases or opinions on what's the most popular:rolleyes: Being self sufficient goes a long way around here.

This is true.
But who really cares. I don't dog on someone because they ask questions.
You learn from asking questions.
If nobody asked questions, there probably wouldn't be a Calguns.

NorCalK9.com
12-06-2011, 4:30 PM
This is true.
But who really cares. I don't dog on someone because they ask questions.
You learn from asking questions.
If nobody asked questions, there probably wouldn't be a Calguns.

Exactly!!!!^^^
And op start as many threads as you darn well please!!!
You should start one labeled "ruger10/22 vs. AR15"
I'd take the ruger 10/22 lmfao

wash
12-06-2011, 4:33 PM
I thought Eagle bought the Armalite name.

That's a good marketing move but I don't know enough about Eagle to make a judgement. The whole thing happened during the federal AWB so I wasn't paying attention when it happened.

Any way, the Armalite we have today is not the Armalite that developed the AR15.

It sounds like some people like them, take that for what it's worth.

Pvt.Joker
12-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm happy so far with both my Armalites... :D

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/JTravis1964/AR-10B/006.jpg

peter95
12-07-2011, 12:33 AM
You should start one labeled "ruger10/22 vs. AR15"
I'd take the ruger 10/22 lmfao

ROFL

slick_711
12-07-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm happy so far with both my Armalites... :D

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

freds951
12-07-2011, 9:01 AM
newb here but doing my homework on AR series stuff....think Armalite "founded" the term AR hence why Colt bought the rights to the name? I saw it on Armalite's history page...fascinating. Now JP Rifles are another name....thoughts....since I'm torn for either a true AR-15 or a JP for DCM/National Match competitions... Thanks for the replies otherwise...

C4iGrant
12-07-2011, 9:05 AM
I hear a lot on the forum about Noveske, DD,BCM, COLT and never hear much about Armalite. How do their Uppers, rifles compare ?

They are ok. I wouldn't take them over a LMT/Colt/KAC/BCM/DD/Noveske/S&W, etc.

C4

ap3572001
12-07-2011, 9:34 AM
They are ok. I wouldn't take them over a LMT/Colt/KAC/BCM/DD/Noveske/S&W, etc.

C4

We have several people in the department with Armalite Mid-length 16" rifles. They get used a lot and work great. Its just interesting that I never hear anyone here talking about Armalite rifles/uppers.

C4iGrant
12-07-2011, 9:40 AM
We have several people in the department with Armalite Mid-length 16" rifles. They get used a lot and work great. Its just interesting that I never hear anyone here talking about Armalite rifles/uppers.

They aren't the worst (by far). More like middle of the pack when you compare them against say a Colt or BCM.

C4

louscamaro91
12-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I like Armalites AR-10's and their new monolithic (SPR Mod 1)

freds951
12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
seems like Armalite name takes a beating since it's changed hands so many times....but I think the quality is still there....and sounds like the owners are competition oriented..so that helps me make my decision.

OnTheTrail
12-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Armalite is having their 12 days of Xmas. Keep you eyes peeled for daily deals. They may have something you want.

This is worth checking out. Its how I ended up with my upper. limited quanities and the deal changes every day.

They have an upper for $399 at this time (12/7)

Cali-Shooter
12-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Armalite is by far one of the quiet producers of AR's and AR parts. Which is quite weird, since they invented the design. I have an Armalite FA BCG in my A2 clone, works like a charm in eating steel cased ammo

Low-Pressure
12-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I've had my Armalite 16" midlength upper for a couple of years now. Been great so far, I rarely clean it and functions just fine. Much more accurate than I am. I got it for $400 + shipping ....... how can you beat than :D

teebiss
12-07-2011, 12:40 PM
My two AR-15 complete uppers are from Armalite in .223 and 6.8mm SPC. Both have always performed flawlessly and are very accurate. No complaints.