PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' Ebay!

X-NewYawker
12-05-2011, 4:49 PM
Listed a new MRP barrel there -- got this sweet repsonse when I woke up:

"Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Your listing was removed because you listed a barrel for a firearm. Certain firearms parts which we have deemed essential in firing the weapon may not be sold on our site. This includes barrels."

So, a tube of stainless steel, an inert object until put on an LMT MRP, is no go. Just because the Virginia Tech shooter got some P22 magazines on Ebay, we all suffer...

toyturbo
12-05-2011, 4:52 PM
Yea you can't sell any thing firearm related on eBay. Put it on gunbroker!

alfred1222
12-05-2011, 4:54 PM
just put it on gunbroker, its way easier!

Sanderhawk
12-05-2011, 4:55 PM
Go gunbroker at least for the most part the people looking at it will at least know what it is

Rebellious
12-05-2011, 5:01 PM
Thats weak. Try Gunbroker or even the Calguns Marketplace.

bomb_on_bus
12-05-2011, 5:29 PM
LOL your still using Egay?

Calguns market place, Gunbroker or GunsAmerica would have been a better choice without the heartache

X-NewYawker
12-05-2011, 6:25 PM
Gunbroker it is. I give it one week and then CG marketplace.

stix213
12-05-2011, 6:34 PM
Someone could turn your barrel into a blowgun, so very dangerous. Don't be mad, its for the children..... and puppies..... and those cute little tiger cubs before they grow up.... and puppies again.

p2rider426
12-05-2011, 6:48 PM
Ebay really monitors that closely? A kid from high school I know bought some brass knuckles on ebay listed as a paper weight...

skkeeter
12-05-2011, 6:51 PM
Well, what kind of barrel is it? How bout some specs?

smittty
12-05-2011, 7:17 PM
eBay sucks! They don't monitor it but people report such listings.

Aside from the guns parts issue my main reason for saying eBay sucks is because they charge the seller 13% for using eBay and paypal. You are much better posting your parts here on cg.

grant22
12-05-2011, 7:28 PM
I've tried every creative way to list ammo or gun related stuff on CL and there's always some do-gooder that rats me out there, too.

twinjetguy
12-05-2011, 7:33 PM
I remember when ebay was a ton of fun. I used to sell/buy all kinds of used parts on there, it was great. Those were the days. You can still sell stocks on there and some parts, but it just isn't like it used to be. It's a bummer.

FiveSeven
12-05-2011, 7:36 PM
eBay sucks! They don't monitor it but people report such listings.

Aside from the guns parts issue my main reason for saying eBay sucks is because they charge the seller 13% for using eBay and paypal. You are much better posting your parts here on cg.

Agree on the second part but you'll be limited to much lower market.

As to the first statement. It's is rare for people to report such listings. Generally it's flagged automatically when listing describing specific words. Filter catches it and reports it, sometimes even freezes or terminates listing on it's own. There was a guy in Ukraine who sold AK parts for years (magazines as well) on Ebay and just listed them as military devise # or even airsoft use.

Ebay is good for specific items that aren't available elsewhere and it's really good for buyers, especially when calculate free shipping and cash back on purchases.

X-NewYawker
12-05-2011, 7:46 PM
I tried very specifically to NOT mention a known AW (they once pulled my auction of a JAE stock while others stayed on because I listed the M-14 as one of the guns it fit, and they said that was an "assault rifle" -- but an M1A wasn't) I used to sell holsters, screws, magazines, scopes, etc., now screw them.

As to what barrel it is, I would tell you that is a new, unfired LMT MRP 18 inch stainless 5.56mm DI barrel with an LMT factory installed Surefire MB556K -- but then the moderators here would say I was selling out of the Market
:)

BTW -- in their letter telling me that my listing was pulled, they INVITED me to report any gun related listings I found on Ebay that I felt violated their rules!