PDA

View Full Version : angelus burro canyon ammo question

metalton
12-04-2011, 2:01 PM
im fairly new to firearms and have mainly owned and fired handguns ive tried my friends ar and ak a couple times and am thinking of purchasing my first rifle i was thinking of getting a remington 700 but ive always loved cowboy guns and now i have it in my head to buy a lever action rifles was thinking of getting it in 45 long colt but in looking for info on ammo prices i didnt seem to find fmj ammo so now im trying to get info from anyone who frequents angelus or burro canyon i know they say that only fmj are allowed but when you have a rifle or handgun that fmj are hard to find what kind of ammo you get when going to either of those ranges? i know i cant probably get the rifle in 357 or 44 magnum and is more than likely ill do that but still curious about the ammo they allow

Mamluke
12-04-2011, 2:04 PM
Burro will allow steel ammo in the wet season, call on that day you plan to go there to verify.

jdouglas
12-04-2011, 2:34 PM
I don't normally say anything if I have nothing to contribute, and I definitely don't normally use all caps, but I really feel the need to shout, "PLEASE USE SOME PUNCTUATION!"

There, I just had to get that of my chest. :D

Mssr. Eleganté
12-04-2011, 2:40 PM
...angelus or burro canyon i know they say that only fmj are allowed...

Are you sure that Burro and Angeles only allow FMJ ammo? I know they have restrictions against ammo with steel in the projectiles, but I've never seen any mention of a requirement for FMJ projectiles. Both of their web sites have sections mentioning ammo restrictions and neither says anything about requiring FMJ.

Reductio
12-04-2011, 2:43 PM
Angeles just doesn't want anything magnetic going down range. FMJ, HP, OTM, lead, shotgun slugs, buckshot... it's all good so long as their magnet doesn't stick to the bullet (NOT the case).

Mail Clerk
12-05-2011, 6:31 AM
im fairly new to firearms and have mainly owned and fired handguns ive tried my friends ar and ak a couple times and am thinking of purchasing my first rifle i was thinking of getting a remington 700 but ive always loved cowboy guns and now i have it in my head to buy a lever action rifles was thinking of getting it in 45 long colt but in looking for info on ammo prices i didnt seem to find fmj ammo so now im trying to get info from anyone who frequents angelus or burro canyon i know they say that only fmj are allowed but when you have a rifle or handgun that fmj are hard to find what kind of ammo you get when going to either of those ranges? i know i cant probably get the rifle in 357 or 44 magnum and is more than likely ill do that but still curious about the ammo they allow

metalton,

Shooting lead is allowed. It's steel cored ammo that they don't like because of the chance of forest fires.

If you looking into getting any AR or AK it's up to you but always know that generally good commercial ammo is expensive unless you get in bulk. The cheaper imported amo is cheaper but is considered to be generally corrosive. I only shoot good commercial American made ammo but I know I have to pay a price for it. I rmember once you could buy 223/5.56 ammo @ $2.50/box and now look at it!

Mail Clerk