PDA

View Full Version : Need some input on drop in 2 piece rails . . .

Metal Magic
12-04-2011, 8:48 AM
So I have been thinking about ditching the standard hand-guards on my 16 mid and getting a Midwest Industries two piece drop in rail system. I know some of the benefits, as well as downfalls (not true free float) but, I think for now not wanting to remove my FSB and barrel it is a viable option.

I would like to hear some feed back from drop in rail owners? are you happy overall with the design/function. My biggest concern is that I want it to be solid and not loosen the hand-guard cap over time.

Oh yeah, post some pics if you got em' :D

PlacerTactical
12-04-2011, 8:58 AM
The Troy drop in is very nice. Once installed, the top and bottom are screwed together providing a firm handguard.
If you want a free float, Daniel Defense Omega is a 2-piece drop in.

04_e46
12-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I orderd the Troy drop in battlerail, still waiting for it to come in, I'll let you know how it is.

hossb7
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Troy Industries.

tomd1584
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM
You can have the best of both worlds & get either the Daniel Defense Omega or the Centurion Arms.

They're both 2-piece and FF. They do not require the removal of the FSB. The Centurions do require the removal of the delta ring, which with a dremel takes about 10 minutes if you're going very slowly & carefully.

IMO, this is the best thing going for a mid-length FF handguard:

C4 midlength cutout rail (bottom)

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Centurion%20Arms/Stck_4758-A-1024-Stick.jpg

fullspeed1
12-04-2011, 1:59 PM
I'll second Tom's recommendation for the Centurion C4 mid cutout. I personally run one on my BCM 14.5 middy and absolutely love the rail. It just required dremeling off the Delta ring and cutting the hand guard cap, Both were a breeze. I have a thread up in this forum with pics of it. Top notch rail, and very solid.

Metal Magic
12-04-2011, 4:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I had never heard of the Centurion stuff, I am going to look into it a little more.

negolien
12-04-2011, 5:13 PM
Do the job aloow you to hang crap on your rig. Look for light ones though as the weight adds up easy peasey to change out.

xxINKxx
12-04-2011, 5:36 PM
Ive been using Midwest industry carbine length drop in quad rails for a year on one of my builds and they have been rock solid ever since. No wobble and gets the job done. I would def think the midlength version is just as good.