PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms has semi-auto VZ-58's

superhondaz50
03-01-2007, 8:45 PM
I was cruising their site and came across a semi-auto vz-58! anyone have any idea on the status of these? I want one!!!

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1309%2DN&cat=54

whatdyisit
03-01-2007, 9:18 PM
Not avaiable in NJ, CA, CT or where prohibited by law.

Too bad for us. I wonder if we could pick up a bare receiver.

WokMaster1
03-01-2007, 9:37 PM
I wonder if CWS can get them for you. Pin the mag & you should be OK, right? I could be WAY wrong!

Addax
03-01-2007, 9:40 PM
I was cruising their site and came across a semi-auto vz-58! anyone have any idea on the status of these? I want one!!!

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1309%2DN&cat=54

If you can find an out of state dealer who will disassemble the thumbhole/skeleton stock and ship the receiver/barreled action to your ffl here in CA, and the stock to you. Then you can get one of these rifle...

Then you need to figure out how to either fix the magazine or fill in the stock so you don't have the thumbhole stock...

superhondaz50
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
My biggest thing is that I had no idea that there were any semi auto copies being made besides the OOW ones.

Charliegone
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I think this was discussed about a month ago..but YES you can use this with a fixed mag because the top can be loaded like an sks.

NeoWeird
03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
The only problem I see with them is that spare parts are scarce, and US made parts are just about non-existant. You break something, want to change something out, etc. and you pretty much have to fab it yourself or buy a new parts kit. Not exactly something I would want to deal with. I mean it sounds fun and all, and I do that for a lot of my guns now (fabing custom parts), but to be FORCED to do it sucks because sometimes you have tight tolerances that you can't measure from a broken part and/or the part is difficult to make properly.

Still, if you want it I am sure CWS will handle it for you.

WokMaster1
03-02-2007, 12:02 AM
The only problem I see with them is that spare parts are scarce, and US made parts are just about non-existant. You break something, want to change something out, etc. and you pretty much have to fab it yourself or buy a new parts kit. Not exactly something I would want to deal with. I mean it sounds fun and all, and I do that for a lot of my guns now (fabing custom parts), but to be FORCED to do it sucks because sometimes you have tight tolerances that you can't measure from a broken part and/or the part is difficult to make properly.

Still, if you want it I am sure CWS will handle it for you.

NeoWeird, that would be totally in line with the spirit of Calguns. You still doing the machining work?

NeoWeird
03-02-2007, 1:11 AM
NeoWeird, that would be totally in line with the spirit of Calguns. You still doing the machining work?

Every weekday from 7:00 to 3:30 :p

My personal machining time has suffered severely as of late, especially as I get ready to get married and am trying to get our house to be in shape (the people before us were PIGS).

You know, now that I think about it...I remember not too long ago when the VZ kits first started showing up in numbers and they were fairly expensive, then the parts kits started dropping in price (I've seen less than $50 for a full kit) so we may be on the merge of a flooded market. What probably happened is importers bought up huge lots of them but never bothered to offer them as they were not very popular. Now with the barrel ban going into effect they are pulling out this and that to make a good buck on people trying to grab the last of the kits they can.

To be honest, part of me has wanted to buy one of those kits and get one of those fake dummy receivers, and machine on the fly and make my own receiver from a piece of square bar stock. Tempting tempting....too bad I'm broke. :(

thedrickel
03-02-2007, 1:14 AM
Don't forget they are 899$