PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley FFL

ihorn
12-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I have a Buddy of mine up in Berkeley that is looking at getting his first firearm. He lives in Berkeley. Does anyone know a good shop, or FFL that he could go through?

Jason762
12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Not in Berkeley.

But there's one in El Cerrito, Old West Gun Room.

Also in Martinez, there's Canyon Sports. There's another FFL guy but you need a referral from someone who knows you.

There's also Bullseye in San Rafael.

How far is your friend willing to drive?

ihorn
12-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Im not sure how far he is willing to drive. I will have to talk to him, and ask.

Cyc Wid It
12-03-2011, 2:55 PM
Old West Gun Room is close, but don't expect any customer service at all and be prepared to be judged upon entry. Selection is very limited... they get some of the coolest consignment 1911's though - only reason I ever went back after the first time.

MrPlink
12-03-2011, 3:37 PM
Not in Berkeley.

But there's one in El Cerrito, Old West Gun Room.

Also in Martinez, there's Canyon Sports.

those should be avoided like the plague.

there is nothing good about Old West at all. I stopped in while waiting for a friend of mine to get off work. There was a younger guy who wanted to get a handgun cert, but he specifically said "permit" and they pretended they had no idea what he was talking about.

Canyon is pricey (yes you can haggle) and they have major attitude problems, talk down to most of their customers and spread FUD like no other.

Cross the hills and go to City Arms in Pleasant Hill, its right next to the Sun Valley mall in Concord.

JUm3
12-03-2011, 3:50 PM
No. i hate that place. It took me a while to convince him to do a ar ppt. And hes an *******. People say it's cause his sarcasm. But hes really an *******.

0321jarhead
12-03-2011, 5:49 PM
I second the motion for "City Arms." Easy to do business with. Good selection of toys. And the prices are very reasonable. I use to to business at Antioch Armory. It was better when the original owner (Ron Curcio) ran it on 2nd street. Now the people that run it (now on 3rd street) are very unprofessional. Its sad. Give the sarcasm back, its all in part of being a man. I know I give it back to "Yan" every time if he gives it to me. Its all in fun.

Jason762
12-03-2011, 6:11 PM
I forgot, there's also Triple A sports in Vallejo, but my impression of them now is less than it used to be.

Seems like the shop employees are a lot of wanna-be gangbangers. Being Vallejo, perhaps they are. :shrug:

Also forgot about the aforementioned City Arms. Been in there once and I liked it.

ChaneRZ
12-03-2011, 6:38 PM
Target Master, Reeds, Triple A- cheap prices. Bullseye's prices are expensive. Call them and compare the prices.

taladeganite
12-03-2011, 6:47 PM
I recently did a transfer at The Old west Gun room (probably the closest to Berkeley), He was in a good mood and did it without complaining. The selection is dismal but my partner did pick up a nice Glock during said transfer.

*Canyon Sports folks are an interesting dynamic. Bossman is a character to say the least, the other folks their are there to balance him out, Good Folks, pricey but GREAT selection(picked up 2 stripped lowers for $208 OTD. BUT, If your thin skinned, I don't recommend them.

MrPlink
12-03-2011, 8:05 PM
Seems like the shop employees are a lot of wanna-be gangbangers. Being Vallejo, perhaps they are. :shrug:

hasnt it always been that way?

Aris is a good guy though. When I moved to SF I pretty much all but stopped swinging by there, plus it seemed like their prices were getting higher and higher

Jason762
12-03-2011, 8:43 PM
hasnt it always been that way?

Aris is a good guy though. When I moved to SF I pretty much all but stopped swinging by there, plus it seemed like their prices were getting higher and higher

No. The last time I went (before they relocated the shop a few doors down) there was Aris and some grumpy old white dude who told me they didn't have 10 round FAL mags (when in fact they did).

Go Navy
12-03-2011, 8:44 PM
iHorn: A "boat" is something you hoist aboard, but I guess you bird farm types don't know that! But I like the patch, and I own one of those flags and fly it from my house on national holidays. So far, no complaints from the neighbors.

Xerxes
12-03-2011, 9:17 PM
I am expecting the spell checkers and grammar police to chime in next.

HAPPY HOLiDAYS EVERYONE!

iHorn: A "boat" is something you hoist aboard, but I guess you bird farm types don't know that! But I like the patch, and I own one of those flags and fly it from my house on national holidays. So far, no complaints from the neighbors.

ihorn
12-03-2011, 11:01 PM

What can I say, us brown shoes never really pay attention to what you black shoes say when talking about your boats. We are too busy with our heads in the sky. :rofl2: