PDA

View Full Version : Double rifle soft case

04_e46
12-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Can anyone recommend any double rifle soft case? Tired of lugging around the individual hard cases for the ar's...Not looking for any pelican cases, they're nice and all but I need a soft case.

Bobby Ricigliano
12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
The 42" Voodoo Tactical case is a nice double bag with tons of storage. I've seen them as cheap as about $75. I have one and I love it. A 36" bag won't even fit an AR unless the stock is completely collapsed.

Gts408
12-03-2011, 12:54 AM
I have this one. Look around you could find a deal if this is in your price range.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Cases/42-Double-Rifle-Case.html

johnthomas
12-03-2011, 1:24 AM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE1005-1.html

chead
12-03-2011, 1:45 AM
The 42" Voodoo Tactical case is a nice double bag with tons of storage. I've seen them as cheap as about $75. I have one and I love it. A 36" bag won't even fit an AR unless the stock is completely collapsed.

Seconding this. I've got one, I love it.

echo6cavedog
12-03-2011, 2:11 AM

Thirding this. I've got two! :D

hawkinpup
12-03-2011, 7:35 AM
I've have the dbl. condor and the dbl. voodoo about two years, they hold up well and they both work well for me. They can carry two but if you only need one rifle it works great for that too. the olive drab seems like the material is a little tougher.

sd1023x
12-03-2011, 9:44 AM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-1284-blackhawk-sportster-modular-weapon-case-36-black-nylon.aspx

Cheap and pretty good quality! Have seen it, it is a double rifle case, perfect for 16in AR's

SureShot241
12-03-2011, 9:47 AM
I always recommend a UTG soft case. The one I have works great and has a lot of room in it. It is pretty well made for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Deluxe-Covert-Homeland-Security/dp/B001WJ6P4S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322934443&sr=8-3

jchen76@gmail.com
12-03-2011, 9:54 AM
I got this Maxpedition sliver
http://www.opticsplanet.net/maxpedition-42in-discreet-gun-case.html

The main pocket can hold 2 rifles, albeit snug. You can put a full ar in main pocket and put a disassembled rifle in secondary pocket. Very versatile. Plus is it looks non-gun specific.

verapakill
12-03-2011, 9:57 AM
I really like the Voodoo cases

straykiller
12-03-2011, 11:11 AM

Thirding this. I've got two! :D

fourth this, i love mine.

tast101
12-03-2011, 11:34 AM
fourth this, i love mine.

Fifth, I have one too.

biochembruin
12-03-2011, 11:36 AM
The Condor/Voodoo case seems to work well for me. I had to return my 5.11 case. It was entirely too narrow to fit two long guns unless the long guns have no attachments. It wouldn't even come close to closing on my long guns with side saddles, scopes, lights, etc attached.

Eric_Oh
12-03-2011, 12:24 PM
I have the 5.11 double rifle bag and love it. Can be worn like a backpack with bag sitting high or low to your preference. Got mine at lapolicegear.com.

Fwiw I've also heard great things about the voodoo as its most comparable competitor product.

hcbr
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
great thread! been wondering about this too since i'm abandoning my hard cases too

hcbr
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
great thread! been wondering about this too since i'm abandoning my hard cases too

04_e46
12-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Would the 42" voodoo tactical beable to fit my 18" predatAR and 16" ddm4 both with optics? I was checking out the 5.11 cases but some reviews said it's a little hard to close with optics on your rifles.

Charles4400
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Surprised no ones posted the link of the secret voodoo tactical bags on sportsmansguide.

These ARE Voodoo Tactical and you really can't beat the price here:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=406459

They don't advertise it as voodoo tactical online but they are and come with the tags to prove it when they are shipped to you.

Trust me you won't be dissapointed with these in quality AND price and I have a few of them.

They have enough padding inside and enough pockets outside....try 1 and you'll end up ordering more bags for your other rifles!

fiddynut
12-03-2011, 1:36 PM
I have the voodoo 36" and it's great. Plus it holds two pistols and a ton of gear.

h0use
12-03-2011, 1:48 PM
condor makes a really nice one. has two compartments to hold 2 rilfes. plus outter compartment to hold a few hand guns as well as mags. and also 3 mollie pouchs on the outside. check there website at a very good price!

icedevil
12-03-2011, 3:36 PM
The voodoo double rifle is a great deal. You can find the 42" on eBay for around 85 shipped.

shark92651
12-03-2011, 3:41 PM
For a 36" case this is one of the best deals around at $35:

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1284-blackhawk-sportster-modular-weapon-case-36-black-nylon.aspx

It has a padded divider if you want to put two carbines in it, or a single carbine and mag pouches and accessories.

icedevil
12-03-2011, 3:47 PM
Would the 42" voodoo tactical beable to fit my 18" predatAR and 16" ddm4 both with optics? I was checking out the 5.11 cases but some reviews said it's a little hard to close with optics on your rifles.

No problem with the 42".

SFCRoOKs
12-03-2011, 6:08 PM
36" voodoo awesome product

04_e46
12-03-2011, 8:07 PM
Charles4400, so for sure they're legit voodoo cases? Don't want to cough up the money for a knock off or something that wont be as durable as a voodoo...

SFCRoOKs
12-03-2011, 8:11 PM
They probally r bootlegs thats why the site doesnt list them as a Voodoo product

spoolinq
12-03-2011, 8:12 PM
42" voodoo ftw

$P-Ritch$
12-03-2011, 8:44 PM
I have been using a voodoo 36" to take my rifles to the range for the last two years. I also use it to carry my shotgun and AR from stage to stage at 3-gun matches (the stock of the shotgun sticks out the zipper). It is holding up great. It is hard to tell the quality of fabrics used online or how thorough the stitching is, but the voodoo stuff is great. I got mine from a sale at www.captaindaves.com for $60.

triggs75
12-03-2011, 9:18 PM
Surprised no ones posted the link of the secret voodoo tactical bags on sportsmansguide.

They don't advertise it as voodoo tactical online but they are and come with the tags to prove it when they are shipped to you.

Trust me you won't be dissapointed with these in quality AND price and I have a few of them.

They have enough padding inside and enough pockets outside....try 1 and you'll end up ordering more bags for your other rifles!

+1 This is were I got mine.

LBDamned
12-03-2011, 9:21 PM
another VT vote here... luv mine

Charles4400
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Charles4400, so for sure they're legit voodoo cases? Don't want to cough up the money for a knock off or something that wont be as durable as a voodoo...

They are not bootlegs and are the real deal.

There have been other threads about these exact cases ordered from sportsmanguide which is where I found out about them.

I have ordered 3 of them and they are not knock-offs.

Ask around here on the forums or do a search about this if you are still concerned if they are legit or not ....but the link I gave is the exact link I ordered mine from and the cases are genuine and are GTG.

I have no stake in this , just wanted to share a good deal as I was more than happy with the cases as they were exactly what I was looking for.

If you do get them, go to this site to figure out how to attach the backpack straps as I was at a loss when I got mine in!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/464927_.html&page=5

Charles4400
12-03-2011, 10:52 PM
They probally r bootlegs thats why the site doesnt list them as a Voodoo product

Nope they are legit.

LBDamned
12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
They are not bootlegs and are the real deal.

There have been other threads about these exact cases ordered from sportsmanguide which is where I found out about them.

I have ordered 3 of them and they are not knock-offs.

Ask around here on the forums or do a search about this if you are still concerned if they are legit or not ....but the link I gave is the exact link I ordered mine from and the cases are genuine and are GTG.

I have no stake in this , just wanted to share a good deal as I was more than happy with the cases as they were exactly what I was looking for.

If you do get them, go to this site to figure out how to attach the backpack straps as I was at a loss when I got mine in!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/464927_.html&page=5
that's a very handy link - thanks for the info! I just tossed my back pack straps in a drawer because they seemed to be cumbersome - but after reading his method of attachment, it looks like you can draw the straps taunt enough to be out of the way when hand or shoulder carrying and loosen the straps if you want to use as back pack style carry... I'm gonna dig out the straps and put 'em on today.

Thanks again :)

04_e46
12-04-2011, 1:36 PM
Charles4400...just ordered one from sportsman guide and got free shipping with it...90.97 shipped...if anyone is going to order from them, coupon code "Sh632" is for free shipping....tried to use another coupon but they didn't allow it, unless I didn't know how to do it.

Charles4400
12-04-2011, 2:57 PM
that's a very handy link - thanks for the info! I just tossed my back pack straps in a drawer because they seemed to be cumbersome - but after reading his method of attachment, it looks like you can draw the straps taunt enough to be out of the way when hand or shoulder carrying and loosen the straps if you want to use as back pack style carry... I'm gonna dig out the straps and put 'em on today.

Thanks again :)

Np, you can get the straps pretty tight to the case but will just have to roll up the extra lenght of the strap once its pulled tight.

I leave the backpack straps on and it doesn't bother me that much, but it is definatley more low profile with them off if that's important to anyone.

Charles4400
12-04-2011, 2:59 PM
Charles4400...just ordered one from sportsman guide and got free shipping with it...90.97 shipped...if anyone is going to order from them, coupon code "Sh632" is for free shipping....tried to use another coupon but they didn't allow it, unless I didn't know how to do it.

Congrats 04_e46 I think you will really like the case and that's a great coupon to share as free shipping is always a plus! Did you get the 42"?

Report back when it gets in as I'm sure others would like to know how the case is.

boostfed
12-04-2011, 4:08 PM
eBay has them for about the same price shipped as well! Thanks for the post, been wondering about this case!

UserM4
12-04-2011, 4:57 PM
+1 on the 5.11 bag. I can fit two rifles with optics and bipods as well as multiple magazines and a few boxes of ammo. Great thing is that since it's so heavy, I can wear it like a backpack. Heavy duty! Used it today at Angeles as a matter of fact. BTW, someone I knew had a Condor and I liked it a lot... until his D-ring for the backpack strap broke. Obviously I crossed that off my list. Anyone else have issues with their Condor case?

the_t0ny
12-04-2011, 6:28 PM
Look into the Tac Force double rifle case, I have the 42" one and I use it to carry my ar and ak in it to the range. And the side pocket is big enough for a couple mags, maglula for each gun and safety glasses and collapsible ear pro. The other pocket is just big enough to fit a staple gun and some tape/pen/markers for targets.

04_e46
12-04-2011, 7:20 PM
Charles: yes sir, I got the 42"...thanks for letting me know about sportsman guide, but for sure I'll report back for you guys once it comes in.

justin15w
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I always recommend a UTG soft case. The one I have works great and has a lot of room in it. It is pretty well made for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Deluxe-Covert-Homeland-Security/dp/B001WJ6P4S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322934443&sr=8-3

I use this for my soft case as well. If you're looking for a cheaper option than the others, this one is great.

04_e46
12-10-2011, 1:13 PM
Finally got my case in from sportsman guide and it is an authentic voodoo tactical case. This this is amazing!!didn't think it was going to have so many pockets and room for all types of items.

LBDamned
12-10-2011, 5:38 PM
Finally got my case in from sportsman guide and it is an authentic voodoo tactical case. This this is amazing!!didn't think it was going to have so many pockets and room for all types of items.

and molle straps for additional pouches... I have a Voodoo Tactical padded binocular pouch (that I use for two RDS when I substitute with long range rifle scope) on one side - and a narrower pouch on the other side that I keep an Atlas bipod in (not sure what it's designed for, but fits perfect)...

VT case is very versatile and rugged! Good choice :)

deviljon
12-10-2011, 7:54 PM
Just ordered a 36" bag from sportsman's guide. Was looking for something like that, thanks!

Charles4400
12-14-2011, 6:37 AM

Congrats 04_e46, told you they where the real deal! :thumbsup:

Good bags with lots of pockets and options.

MongooseV8
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Sweet I'm going to order one tonight when I get home! Thanks for the heads up Charles4400. Kinda tired of hauling 3 or 4 things from the truck to the range all the time. Will also be great for my hunting and camping trips!

Only problem is do I get the camo or tan color?

Quickdraw Mcgraw
12-14-2011, 12:03 PM
condor makes a really nice one. has two compartments to hold 2 rilfes. plus outter compartment to hold a few hand guns as well as mags. and also 3 mollie pouchs on the outside. check there website at a very good price!

THIS^ :oji:

tonyxcom
12-14-2011, 2:08 PM
If you need to carry something longer than an AR, check out the MidwayUSA Drag Bag
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-scoped-rifle-gun-case

I have one to carry my Savage TRR and AR. I can also fit my spotting scope, tripod, sandbag, shoot-n-c's and earmuffs in the bag, although it gets super heavy with all that and 2 scoped rifles so I end up carrying all my other gear on one of their range bags.

Oh, and they are $64.

Sanman023
12-14-2011, 2:23 PM
voodoo...

04_e46
12-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah charles4400, couldn't have ask for something better, this bag is seriously above and beyond what I was expecting and asking for...might have to order another on for my other AR and shot gun..

thedudeabides
12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
If you need to carry something longer than an AR, check out the MidwayUSA Drag Bag
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-scoped-rifle-gun-case

I have one to carry my Savage TRR and AR. I can also fit my spotting scope, tripod, sandbag, shoot-n-c's and earmuffs in the bag, although it gets super heavy with all that and 2 scoped rifles so I end up carrying all my other gear on one of their range bags.

Oh, and they are $64.

i tried one of these bags, wasn't to happy.

i got mine, and the zipper threads were coming off the zippers, and the buttons were falling apart.
maybe i just got a lemon, but so did a ton of other people if you read reviews around the web. im jealous that you got a good one, because for the money they are really awesome bags (besides the zippers and snap buttons falling off course) i just wish they could fix that problem.

:fud:

04_e46
12-15-2011, 1:29 AM
^^invest in a voodoo..if you haven't got hands on with one, once you do, I'm sure you'll like it.

91 whiskey 209
12-15-2011, 1:53 AM
Great thread. Subbed for links.

SoCalSig1911
12-15-2011, 3:44 PM
Can anyone recommend any double rifle soft case? Tired of lugging around the individual hard cases for the ar's...Not looking for any pelican cases, they're nice and all but I need a soft case.

Nice thread OP, i was gonna get a hard case but then found the Voodoo and i like it much better for all the extra capacity! I'm gonna go with the 36" for my DDM4V1. I have an 01 E46, noticed you have an 04 :D

stix213
12-15-2011, 4:29 PM
I recently bought this one in ACU. Works great. Seller is also and advertiser on Calguns. Under $80.

http://www.firearmsprostore.com/36doubleriflecasew3modularpouches.aspx

One thing is the bag starts getting pretty heavy once you have two rifles, mags, etc in it. One cool thing though is it also includes shoulder straps to wear it as a backpack.

RogueSniper
12-15-2011, 4:44 PM
5.11 Tactical, 42" Double Rifle case.
It has MOLLE attachment on the inside to customized strapping down your rifle. Mine came with 4 straps for each compartment. I got mine 2-4years ago for $110. My shooting buddy has the Voodoo and looks at the internal MOLLE on the 5.11 with envy. :mad:

http://www.code3tactical.com/images/products/detail/58754_doublerifle_open_131.jpg

04_e46
12-15-2011, 5:21 PM
SocalSig: dang we both got an e46 and a ddm4v...haha..I'm also in the market for a 1911, either a Kimber custom 2 or a SA 1911 loaded...I gave up on the e46, all my money is going towards my artillery..was planning on getting LM's and a M3 front bumper.

Stix213: that bag doesn't look bad also...I think i've seen that web site from one of nutfancy's videos, or he was mentioning the owner from that site or something...but the voodoo tactical comes with Starla to turn it into a backpack also..

RogueSniper: now that might be better than voodoo tactical, I really like that custom molle straps they have...might look into it, still got another AR and 2 shotguns I need to find a case for..

SoCalSig1911
12-15-2011, 5:24 PM
It has MOLLE attachment on the inside to customized strapping down your rifle. Mine came with 4 straps for each compartment. I got mine 2-4years ago for $110. My shooting buddy has the Voodoo and looks at the internal MOLLE on the 5.11 with envy. :mad:

That inside does look nice! I really like all of the extra added capacity of the Voodoo for mags, equipment, and the rear pistol section for my 1911..

04_e46
12-15-2011, 5:24 PM
Here's how it looks if anyone was wondering...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/SPOON_R_951/4d0d5822.jpg

SoCalSig1911
12-15-2011, 5:29 PM
SocalSig: dang we both got an e46 and a ddm4v...haha..I'm also in the market for a 1911, either a Kimber custom 2 or a SA 1911 loaded...I gave up on the e46, all my money is going towards my artillery..was planning on getting LM's and a M3 front bumper.

Stix213: that bag doesn't look bad also...I think i've seen that web site from one of nutfancy's videos, or he was mentioning the owner from that site or something...but the voodoo tactical comes with Starla to turn it into a backpack also..

RogueSniper: now that might be better than voodoo tactical, I really like that custom molle straps they have...might look into it, still got another AR and 2 shotguns I need to find a case for..

Nice! Yeah i got the E46 for a great price as my secondary car but then started modding it as well LoL. I did the Umnitza xenon's with LED angels, and threw on some lightweight 18" TR MT1's. Nothing drives like a BMW even from 2001 for a daily driver! I also had the most powerful E92 335i for a couple years, ended up getting rid of it for the Saleen S281 Extreme i have now. That's a funny coincidence with the E46's and the DDM4's, good taste!!

RogueSniper
12-15-2011, 5:47 PM
With so much room, you'll be tempted to overload it ... like me! It has two external zippered compartments and a large external, zipper compartment in the center. I never thought I would use up the space - I was wrong.

Get these to hold your AR mags and I find a medium size dump pouch to be pretty handy.
http://fullspectrumgear.ca/images/511%20stacked%20dbl%20mag.jpg

MongooseV8
12-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I ordered a 36" voodoo case from sportsmens guide for just under $90 shipped. They are having a $5 off special right now if you spend $49.99 and $10 off if you spend $99.99!

Pretty excited about it!

04_e46
12-16-2011, 5:22 PM
your gonna love it mongooseV8!!

SoCalSig1911
12-17-2011, 3:57 PM
Ordered the 36" Voodoo case today from Sportsmans with free shipping in Army digital!

negolien
12-17-2011, 5:12 PM

i got mine, and the zipper threads were coming off the zippers, and the buttons were falling apart.
maybe i just got a lemon, but so did a ton of other people if you read reviews around the web. im jealous that you got a good one, because for the money they are really awesome bags (besides the zippers and snap buttons falling off course) i just wish they could fix that problem.

LOL NS HUH what "buttons" I don't have any stinking "buttons" on my voodoo lol see any "buttons" in the pictures? I do like the Molle on the 5.11 but look at the price. It ain't 100 bucks just like the voodoo isn't 49.99 anymore.

PS
I agree with some of the posts about overloading. These types of bags can get heavy fast with 2 guns and ammo and misc accesories. I use this bag strictly for weapons and stuff likew Scopes, Bi-Pods, Midot master and other scope related data, and my .45. I put everything esle like cleaing kit, Ammo, targtes, tools in a seperate backpack for the range anyways.

zombiescanlearn
12-17-2011, 5:32 PM
Go with the Voodoo. I have the one from Cheaper than Dirt. It works fine, but the front pockets aren't designed to come off. At 36", I have to remove the barrel from my Mossberg 500 when I carry it. If I could do it over again, I would get the 42" Voodoo case.

zombiescanlearn
12-17-2011, 5:39 PM

http://www.code3tactical.com/images/products/detail/58754_doublerifle_open_131.jpg

I stand corrrected. That 5.11 bag is a better choice!

zombiescanlearn
12-17-2011, 5:46 PM
But if money is no object, my dream case is the Eberlestock Gunslinger II

http://www.snipertools.com/eberlestock-back-packs/gunslinger-ii-pack.html

MongooseV8
12-17-2011, 6:06 PM
Ordered the 36" Voodoo case today from Sportsmans with free shipping in Army digital!

Dang how did you get free shipping?

david619
12-17-2011, 9:08 PM
If you're in the San Diego area, I just bought me a 42" Voodoo case. They have them in all colors and sizes, including Coyote Brown. You can haggle them down on price too. Like a car, never pay sticker price.

SoCalSig1911
12-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Dang how did you get free shipping?

I always search or check the Calguns deals,sales, and coupon threads before i buy something in case there's a sale on it. Also slickguns website.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=510943

tonyxcom
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM

The first zipper I opened when I got the bag... the pull ripped right off. I spent the next 20 mins changing them all out to paracord. Confused since my midway range bags don't have that problem. I also haven't had any problems with the buttons, but that's probably because I don't use them.

The main reason I chose that bag was because I have a 22LR bolt gun with a 24" barrel.

When I am just taking my AR or 1522, I use this discreet "gym" bag
http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=76

They will both fit in there when broken down.

lwlaml
12-18-2011, 12:55 AM

+1

I have the 36" and it fits my ARs fine.

Bobby Ricigliano
12-18-2011, 1:19 AM
Overwhelming support for the Voodoo bags here. I have a 36" TacForce bag that is excellent too.

One caveat: An M4 will fit in a 36" bag with only with the stock collapsed fully. Since my AR's have pinned stocks they WILL NOT fit in a 36" bag. If you have A2 stocks or Pinned stocks go with a 42"

EddieEd
12-18-2011, 9:32 AM
I use this for my soft case as well. If you're looking for a cheaper option than the others, this one is great.

Nice to know some others have try this, I was thinking of getting one in the 42".
UTG Elite Covert Homeland Security Gun Case (http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Elite-Covert-Homeland-Security/dp/B001WJ52U6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I29FQV554RMT1M&colid=1R46WTD5MCXL3)
I like the idea of it not looking so much like a gun case.

Has anyone try this other case, it's a 3 gun +

Large 3 Gun Soft Carry Case with Shooting Mat (http://www.amazon.com/Large-Soft-Carry-Case-Shooting/dp/B005F0NMJG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IXGN9XZTB3X59&colid=1R46WTD5MCXL3)

I like the idea of the 3 gun option plus 2 hand guns and mags. And on top of that the insert can be used as a mat.

Anyone know of this case or had it before??

04_e46
12-18-2011, 9:37 PM
just through on the backpack straps on the VD case and it's not to bad using it that way.

icenix
12-18-2011, 9:45 PM
I was looking to get a hard case for my new AR, but after clicking on some of these links, I am now thinking I may want a soft case......my question is, do you feel like the soft cases offer enough protection as a hard case would? It just seems like there is so much less padding on the soft cases.

MongooseV8
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
If your rifle can't handle a few bumps it's no good anyway...

04_e46
12-19-2011, 3:39 AM
Haha^^what he said...haha

04_e46
12-19-2011, 3:40 AM
Icenix, I think you'll like the voodoo tactical case.

deviljon
01-04-2012, 8:38 AM
On sale for $45 + $10 shipping. Paid around $80 for mine and worth every penny!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?p=DODX&i=130544

morfeeis
01-04-2012, 9:32 AM

Thats the one i have and it's works great, I've been able to get my AR my 995ts and my tacticool 10/22 with ears/eyes and mags all in one bag.

mtenenhaus
01-04-2012, 1:27 PM
i've got this one from Cabelas and really like it:
Cabela's Digital Camo Tactical Gun Case, currently its $64.99 both they have a sale going on

FatalKitty
01-04-2012, 2:25 PM
does anyone have a 16" AR that can tell me if the 36" case is good enough? 42" seams huge

deviljon
01-04-2012, 2:27 PM
does anyone have a 16" AR that can tell me if the 36" case is good enough? 42" seams huge

My 14.5" with 1.5" flash hider fits with plenty of room in the 36" case. Even with a Magpul MOE or UBR stock fully extended it has some room to move.

LBDamned
01-04-2012, 3:34 PM

with a collapsible stock, yes - I have this 33" case: http://tac-force.com/tts33discreetsoftguncase.aspx with stock fully collapsed it fits perfect... 36" would be no problem (I dont know about fixed stock though).

I also use a Voodoo Tactical 42" when I carry shotgun or Zastava PAP (37") or AR (or combo) at the same time...

The VT linked in this post is a smokin deal! On sale for $45 + $10 shipping. Paid around $80 for mine and worth every penny!

SoCalSig1911
01-04-2012, 3:44 PM

I have a DDM4V1 16" Carbine and i got the 36" Voodoo case from Sportsmans Guide and it's a perfect fit i would recommend it to anyone. It stores everything for the range.

deviljon
01-04-2012, 3:56 PM
The VT linked in this post is a smokin deal!

It really is. I'm debating if I should pick another one up at that price. Don't even have enough rifles for it yet but who cares! :p

LBDamned
01-04-2012, 4:24 PM
It really is. I'm debating if I should pick another one up at that price. Don't even have enough rifles for it yet but who cares! :p

great gift for another shooter

cfusionpm
01-04-2012, 4:43 PM
On sale for $45 + $10 shipping. Paid around $80 for mine and worth every penny!

"We're sorry, (Product: Voodoo Tactical(TM) 36 Tactical Gun Case (DODX-130544) Color: COYOTE TAN) is not currently in stock. It's expected in our warehouse on April 9, 2012 and will be shipped to you within 24 hours after its arrival. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. If you do not want to wait for this item, please remove it from your Shopping Cart."

Big sad face. :( I would buy one in a heartbeat at that price. I paid $100 for my 42" and absolutely love it. I have more rifles now and a 36" would be perfect for my AR and .22LR.

deviljon
01-04-2012, 5:27 PM
"We're sorry, (Product: Voodoo Tactical(TM) 36 Tactical Gun Case (DODX-130544) Color: COYOTE TAN) is not currently in stock. It's expected in our warehouse on April 9, 2012 and will be shipped to you within 24 hours after its arrival. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. If you do not want to wait for this item, please remove it from your Shopping Cart."

Big sad face. :( I would buy one in a heartbeat at that price. I paid $100 for my 42" and absolutely love it. I have more rifles now and a 36" would be perfect for my AR and .22LR.

I just placed an order for the black one. For $10 bucks more I also became a club member. I figured there would be more purchases within the next year, not to mention I will be getting 2 x $10 coupons to spend (no minimum).