PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

icenix
12-02-2011, 6:44 PM
Okay, so I have been looking into an AR for a while, but there aren't a lot of local places to purchase. I would like to buy the lower local if possible. I have narrowed it to these two possibilities.....both about the same price.

If you had to choose, which way would you go....both would be 5.56

Standard Spikes lower + Stag 2HT 16" upper with rail system
or
SW M&P Tactical

Also......does anyone know how a SW M&P Tactical lower would compare to the standard Spikes lower? What about the two uppers?

Thanks

jkody
12-02-2011, 7:33 PM
There are tons of choices out there for ARs. Look into BCM, CMMG, DD just to name a few.

LBDamned
12-02-2011, 8:02 PM
Okay, so I have been looking into an AR for a bit, but there aren't many options here.

most people will dismiss the entire thread after this first sentence...

What does it mean anyway? :confused:

icenix
12-02-2011, 8:04 PM
most people will dismiss the entire thread after this first sentence...

What does it mean anyway? :confused:

My bad, I don't mean aren't many options for AR's. I meant there aren't many places locally to purchase. A few shops here don't do AR stuff because of all the laws, etc. and stick to mainly handguns. The shops that do carry AR stuff don't carry much.

I would like to purchase my lower locally, but the upper I don't care where it comes from.

Anyway, after looking for a while, locally, those options listed above are what I am looking at. I like both, just not sure which to go with.

LBDamned
12-02-2011, 11:54 PM
My bad, I don't mean aren't many options for AR's. I meant there aren't many places locally to purchase. A few shops here don't do AR stuff because of all the laws, etc. and stick to mainly handguns. The shops that do carry AR stuff don't carry much.

I would like to purchase my lower locally, but the upper I don't care where it comes from.

Anyway, after looking for a while, locally, those options listed above are what I am looking at. I like both, just not sure which to go with.

there is something to say about supporting your local dealers... on the other hand, I wouldn't jeopardize my options to appease local availability...

There are TONS of internet options - virtually anything you want (that is CA compliant - which is a bunch!)

If you insist on buying locally - you might want to inquire from those in your area (I'm not sure where you are)...

On the other hand - if you have narrowed it down to a few (or couple) choices - I suggest taking the "limited availability" out of the equitation and simple ask for opinions on the specific rifles you are considering.