PDA

View Full Version : TARGET MASTERS WEST...

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 3:57 PM
Wow, phoned Target Masters in Milpitas California today. Asked if they had any 7.62x39mm and the price. The Manager I spoke with said "we have 40-50rd box of winchester for $18.00+Tax. So, I drive over and come to find out, it's a 20rd box for $18.00+tax, WTF? So, I ask the manager, "will you Pro-rate" the ammo, and or some kinda discount...(Nope) Waste of time, gas, money. Don't buy anything at this FAKE FFL DEALER! The Reason I say FAKE is because they won't even PPT a OLL! I understand not wanting to carry certain items "Lowers" =grey area or sum bullcrap. But, not allowing a PPT of a Completely Legal OLL or any GREY-Area weapons to be PPT'ed is a waste of an FFL in my area! We are forced to Transfer (PPT) here in California, and then faced with an FFL that pick's which weapons that can be PPT'ed is F'n CRAP! I might even picket outside this shop to turn customers away!:chris:

TARGET MASTER WEST=:mad:

21SF
12-02-2011, 4:03 PM
Sucks man

What kind of ammo was it, brass?

Thats highway robbery, I pay 6 bucks max for 20 rounds.

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 4:10 PM
And another thing....This Fake FFL also is Demanding ID upon Purchase of ammo, or anything else that they sell!!! I think this is the worst FFL in the world! Customer service sucks also!

Merc1138
12-02-2011, 4:16 PM
Umm, they are definitely not a "fake" FFL, so I'm not sure why you keep stating that.

Yes their customer service sucks, yes their range sucks, yes their prices suck. But calling them a "fake" FFL just because they aren't doing you any favors is silly. Big 5 sporting goods won't PPT an OLL for you either. It's also not as if there is a shortage of other FFLs in the area. Off the top of my head...

mparms
ugimports
metal dog tactical
reeds indoor range
valkyrie arms
bay area gun vault

And I know I'm missing a few.

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 4:21 PM
[QUOTE=Merc1138;7600111]Umm, they are definitely not a "fake" FFL, so I'm not sure why you keep stating that.

Yes their customer service sucks, yes their range sucks, yes their prices suck. But calling them a "fake" FFL just because they aren't doing you any favors is silly. Big 5 sporting goods won't PPT an OLL for you either. It's also not as if there is a shortage of other FFLs in the area. Off the top of my head...

mparms
ugimports
metal dog tactical
reeds indoor range
valkyrie arms
bay area gun vault

Okay---okay, thier real. Not a dream, but a REAL LIFE NIGHTMARE!
Thats the problem, I'm glad you brought that point up as well, BIG-5, Target masters west, and any other FFL that is not willing to Transfer, sell, what ever...a LEGAL WEAPON is a ASSAULT ON MY RIGHT's! Hooah!

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 4:24 PM
Umm, they are definitely not a "fake" FFL, so I'm not sure why you keep stating that.

mparms
ugimports
metal dog tactical
reeds indoor range
valkyrie arms
bay area gun vault

And I know I'm missing a few.

AND How is that a FAVOR!>>>>???? Its the law I have to transfer and play this stupid Registration game, and an FFL licensed dealer that "picks and chooses" which weapons that you can have is wrong!

Cyc Wid It
12-02-2011, 4:26 PM
It seems you have recently discovered gunstores. Try doing a PPT there and bring a stopwatch.

Their house their rules, if nothing else, the range is close to my work and open late.

Merc1138
12-02-2011, 4:27 PM
AND How is that a FAVOR!>>>>???? Its the law I have to transfer and play this stupid Registration game, and an FFL licensed dealer that "picks and chooses" which weapons that you can have is wrong!

Because there is actually a limit to what an FFL is required to transfer, and no limit on the amount of internal paperwork they want to fill out to make your PPT take 90 minutes and pickup take another 45. Trust me, from personal experience you wouldn't want to do a PPT there anyway, spend the 10 minutes to drive to another shop and do it.

vmwerks
12-02-2011, 4:27 PM

Seriously calm down - we get it. Shop somewhere else or picket the place - OCCUPY TARGETMASTERS! :chris:

Soldier415
12-02-2011, 4:32 PM
Wow, phoned Target Masters in Milpitas California today. Asked if they had any 7.62x39mm and the price. The Manager I spoke with said "we have 40-50rd box of winchester for $18.00+Tax. So, I drive over and come to find out, it's a 20rd box for $18.00+tax, WTF? So, I ask the manager, "will you Pro-rate" the ammo, and or some kinda discount...(Nope) Waste of time, gas, money. Don't buy anything at this FAKE FFL DEALER! The Reason I say FAKE is because they won't even PPT a OLL! I understand not wanting to carry certain items "Lowers" =grey area or sum bullcrap. But, not allowing a PPT of a Completely Legal OLL or any GREY-Area weapons to be PPT'ed is a waste of an FFL in my area! We are forced to Transfer (PPT) here in California, and then faced with an FFL that pick's which weapons that can be PPT'ed is F'n CRAP! I might even picket outside this shop to turn customers away!:chris:

TARGET MASTER WEST=:mad:
Lighten up Francis...

Spaceghost
12-02-2011, 4:35 PM
Well, you are making an impression and it's not a good one. In this free country, a business can sell whatever they want. As long as the item is legal of course. If they don't sell OLL's that's their issue. You don't like their policies? Don't shop there. See how easy the free market works?

I understand about the ammo issue. Mistakes happen every day and I bet you have made a couple in your life. Ranting like a fifth grader and pouting like one, won't help your case.

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 4:41 PM
Hypothetically, if all other FFL dealers closed down, and Target Masters West was the only FFL in the Greater SJ area...Then...
You can't even get a Lower, Ar-style, ak-style, FAL-Style, or anything else thats cool PPt'ed there! Then what? See, I'm just trying to make a point!

What if you went to get food at the store, and they said...you can't have Pringles just Lays chips. WTF?

Merc1138
12-02-2011, 4:45 PM
Hypothetically, if all other FFL dealers closed down, and Target Masters West was the only FFL in the Greater SJ area...Then...
You can't even get a Lower, Ar-style, ak-style, FAL-Style, or anything else thats cool PPt'ed there! Then what? See, I'm just trying to make a point!

What if you went to get food at the store, and they said...you can't have Pringles just Lays chips. WTF?

No, that's just childish nonsense.

Look, we all know targetmasters sucks. You're preaching to the choir. However ranting in caps and making nonsense statements(like every FFL but targetmasters closing down when there are probably 20+ within a 20 minute drive of targetmasters) is silly.

What if you went to the food store and they said they didn't have Pringles? You grow a pair and realize you need to just go elsewhere instead of throwing a tantrum, that's what.

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 4:47 PM
And yes, they copy your information down!
Why is that? I don't want some shop keeping track of my ammo purchases! I don't want my personal information taken down and used for God knows what!
Something stinks, and it's not me or my impressions made on Calguns. I am sick and tired of this stuff! Miss the days of just selling guns through newspaper adds and not h:oji:aving to do "stupid PPT's" and other crap that California just pulls out of thier bum when they fell like it!
It's an Assault on your rights ladies and gents! Having people pick what weapons you can own is a Red Flag!

Manpants
12-02-2011, 4:48 PM
Stop trolling.

tonyxcom
12-02-2011, 4:52 PM
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE...

darmog
12-02-2011, 4:53 PM
Doesn't the Walmart nearby carry said ammo, 7.62x39mm? Never really paid attention to their rifle ammo but they seem to have a nice varied selection of factory rifle ammo.

Saber6Delta
12-02-2011, 4:56 PM
Doesn't the Walmart nearby carry said ammo, 7.62x39mm? Never really paid attention to their rifle ammo but they seem to have a nice varied selection of factory rifle ammo.

They charge $30 dolla for 40rd!

Merc1138
12-02-2011, 4:58 PM
They charge $30 dolla for 40rd!

So order online then. Seriously, you have options. Stop freaking out.

Soldier415
12-02-2011, 5:20 PM
And yes, they copy your information down!
Why is that? I don't want some shop keeping track of my ammo purchases! I don't want my personal information taken down and used for God knows what!
Something stinks, and it's not me or my impressions made on Calguns. I am sick and tired of this stuff! Miss the days of just selling guns through newspaper adds and not h:oji:aving to do "stupid PPT's" and other crap that California just pulls out of thier bum when they fell like it!
It's an Assault on your rights ladies and gents! Having people pick what weapons you can own is a Red Flag!
I say again, lighten up Francis

ns3v3n
12-02-2011, 5:34 PM
noob lol

nani
12-02-2011, 5:43 PM
Shop somewhere else. See how easy that that was?

nitroxdiver
12-02-2011, 6:29 PM
There was a time when it was a great shop. I dont go there any longer. Lots of other options out there though.