PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my upper!

roushstage2
12-02-2011, 4:23 AM
Shhhh! Don't tell the Mrs. in the house! I couldn't wait 'til Spring like I told her I would. :43: I guess I'll just have to let her shoot it a bit :cool:

I got the PSA 16" Hammer Forged, Chrome Lined, Mid-Length Complete Upper. $470.70 shipped, with shipping insurance. It takes ~10 business days to assemble, then I've got the actual shipping time to wait. This is going to be a horrible wait! The upside is it will be here just before Christmas, so I'll get the Christmas goodies about the same time as the upper gets here!

Now to sneak a mag into the house...:chris:

REPR
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Grats, don't forget to put some pics up when you have it all assembled.

r3dtitan
12-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Congrats, in cases like this, it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission, lol. That's why I placed my order with Psa for a 14.7 upper last Friday before the old lady could find out. It's suppose to ship from their factory today . I'm excited but the waitings killing me

msand951
12-02-2011, 1:32 PM
LOL, that always works for me. :D
My last excuse when obama was elected so I had to buy some lowers and the wasr before he takes them away.

msand951
12-02-2011, 1:34 PM
Nice upper BTW . Thats exatly what I received on Monday im hoping I can try it this weekend.

roushstage2
12-02-2011, 1:54 PM
My asking for forgiveness (nice way to put it) will be letting her shoot it until her arm hurts, lol. Luckily, ever since I bought my first rifle, she has totally been into guns. She now has her own and wouldn't mind getting more. One of the lucky ones?

I will put up pictures for sure! I'm super excited!

Nice upper BTW . Thats exatly what I received on Monday im hoping I can try it this weekend.
Awesome! Can't wait to hear about it!

r3dtitan
12-02-2011, 2:45 PM
Nice catch!

12-02-2011, 9:19 PM
Shhhh! Don't tell the Mrs. in the house! I couldn't wait 'til Spring like I told her I would. :43: I guess I'll just have to let her shoot it a bit :cool:

I got the PSA 16" Hammer Forged, Chrome Lined, Mid-Length Complete Upper. $470.70 shipped, with shipping insurance. It takes ~10 business days to assemble, then I've got the actual shipping time to wait. This is going to be a horrible wait! The upside is it will be here just before Christmas, so I'll get the Christmas goodies about the same time as the upper gets here!

Now to sneak a mag into the house...:chris:

Good to hear that it is coming along. I just have my parts kit and stock/mag/BB to be done with mine. When you finish up let me know if you want to go shooting sometime. If you don't know who this is think of ca-mustangs.

roushstage2
12-02-2011, 9:55 PM
Good to hear that it is coming along. I just have my parts kit and stock/mag/BB to be done with mine. When you finish up let me know if you want to go shooting sometime. If you don't know who this is think of ca-mustangs.
I know who ya are! That being the case, don't tell her, lol! Since you stopped by on here, you wouldn't happen to have a stock wrench, would you?

You should check out a lower build kit from PSA bud! Great price for everything that comes in one package. Mil-spec and built in the USA parts!

12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Stock wrench? All my tools are still in west point. I moved to jackson a couple of months ago. I will be up in west point tues-thurs this week if you need me to pick anything up just let me know?

roushstage2
12-02-2011, 10:46 PM
To tighten the nut on the buffer tube. We'll have to make a trip down to Sacramento. You can get a BB and a mag, and I'll pick up a stock wrench. You'll need it too.

12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Sounds good, let me know

roushstage2
12-08-2011, 4:30 PM
It is on it's way as of 3:11PM today! :D

r3dtitan
12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Same here, my 14.7 from Psa arrives on Tuesday

hcbr
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
nice congrats!

roushstage2
12-09-2011, 1:13 PM
Thanks! Now, besides taking it apart and giving everything a cleaning, how "wet" do I need to get the BCG before I reassemble everything back?