PDA

View Full Version : Finally some treatment for my evil black rifle disease

Vetteodyssey
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I've been driving myself crazy for over a month now and I finally pulled the trigger on my first AR and I'm in my 10 day waiting period. (God help me time is going slow) Now I'm wondering if you guys have a suggesting for a discreet case for it. The case I have now screams "I'M CARRYING A RIFLE!" I don't mind breaking it down for transport either. Hard or soft is fine, as long as I don't get the scared look from my neighbors cause OMG HE'S GOT A RIFLE IN THAT CASE.

Here's a pick I snapped before they took it off to jail. 124923

SgtJT27
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Nice one, now buy lots of ammo while waiting for your 10 days :)

Mossy Man
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't get why people would be afraid of their neighbors if they see them with guns. I for one am pleased when I see it.

Cali-Shooter
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
^ ^ ^ Sheeple neighbors, or if they are anti's, then they wouldn't hesitate to report you to the cops.

Cali-Shooter
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, that's a SEXY rifle! Nice grab! That 10 day waiting just drags on... :(

Mossy Man
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
^ ^ ^ Sheeple neighbors, or if they are anti's, then they wouldn't hesitate to report you to the cops.

If I were reported by my neighbors for doing nothing illegal on MY property, I would make life living hell for them. Their Prius would get called in for being too far away from the curb and i would call disturbance complaints from the bongos they play. Also if they violate ANY HOAs....lol. I be calling.

Luckily for me my neighbors don't seem to care at all about me. And I go shooting almost every weekend.

1forall
12-02-2011, 1:58 AM
Nice looking rifle! I say I don't care about my neighbors seeing me with my guns but the truth of the matter is subconsciously I do. I usually transport them to and from my house when there is no one around. I store them in my safe that is bolted to the floor, but my TVs and other valuables aren't if you know what I mean.

Vetteodyssey
12-02-2011, 7:21 AM
I don't get why people would be afraid of their neighbors if they see them with guns. I for one am pleased when I see it.

These are people with faded "Hope" stickers on their Prius. And their are nosy as hell. I've been asked "who's watching the kids?" when I take out the garbage. I tell them all I have to do is smear them with peanut butter and put them in the kennel with the dog. Dog gets a snack and they laugh the whole time I'm gone. Oh you should see their faces. Priceless.

chozenfew805
12-02-2011, 7:30 AM
Stay strong and you'll officially have your AR in hand before you know it:43:

Vetteodyssey
12-02-2011, 7:32 AM
Nice one, now buy lots of ammo while waiting for your 10 days :)

That's what I was thinking. Where's the best place to get ammo in the bay area? I'd like to stay with 5.56 and something on the heaver side for the 1/7 barrel. I wish I could walk down to the national guard armory and pick up a case of M855, but I know I don't live in that world. :D

erik_26
12-02-2011, 7:34 AM
Is that the Gun Vault in Mt. View?

Vetteodyssey
12-02-2011, 7:53 AM
Is that the Gun Vault in Mt. View?

Yep. You sure know your rifle butts.

EvolutionGSR
12-02-2011, 7:56 AM
Larue has a nice descreet case. Either that or get a guitar case haha.

Write Winger
12-02-2011, 2:24 PM
If I had weenie liberal neighbors, I'd get the most obnoxiously obvious rifle case known to man, or just carry it out in the open to my car, no case at all. Let them call in a "guy with a machine gun!" or just whimper to themselves how scared they are of their evil right wing gun nut neighbor. :D

gun toting monkeyboy
12-02-2011, 2:38 PM
I just use a Baby Taylor guitar case. It fits just fine, and people think I am musically inclined. I dunno. Lead is a heavy metal, right? But any of the 3/4 size guitar soft cases will fit your carbine.

-Mb

coyotebait
12-02-2011, 3:51 PM

I don't know how the police are in op's area, but around here they'd roll up and ask me about it. I'd tell them the truth, "I went to the range, I put my legal rifle in a case, I then put it in the trunk and went to the range." The police would say something like "Do you have neighbors that may not care for you much?" Then I'd say, "well, some of them are pretty liberal, but I just keep to myself when where politics and talking to them are concerned." Then the police would probably say something to the effect of, "Ok, maybe try to load your guns in your garage, have a nice day."

svt191
12-02-2011, 4:11 PM
Is that a complete spikes rifle? What model is it?

mincoda
12-02-2011, 5:04 PM
There is no cure for Black rifle disease only short term treatment. Since I stayed in a Holiday Express last nite my prescription is to buy another Black rifle with a "20" inch barrel. Side effect of this prescription may include craving for different color AR...:gunsmilie:

Lagduf
12-02-2011, 8:41 PM
There is no cure for Black rifle disease only short term treatment. Since I stayed in a Holiday Express last nite my prescription is to buy another Black rifle with a "20" inch barrel. Side effect of this prescription may include craving for different color AR...:gunsmilie:

Agreed here my friend, there is no cure - only treatment.

Unfortunately for me I just got the new strain of the Black Rifle Virus. They call it the "Pony Flu" and it's somewhat specific to CA.The official scientific designation of this new strain is SP6920CA.

I've got that bug something fierce.

Mossy Man
12-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't know how the police are in op's area, but around here they'd roll up and ask me about it. I'd tell them the truth, "I went to the range, I put my legal rifle in a case, I then put it in the trunk and went to the range." The police would say something like "Do you have neighbors that may not care for you much?" Then I'd say, "well, some of them are pretty liberal, but I just keep to myself when where politics and talking to them are concerned." Then the police would probably say something to the effect of, "Ok, maybe try to load your guns in your garage, have a nice day."

screw that, if i want to load my guns into MY vehicle on MY property, i'll do what I want.

And unless you have RAWS, i'll go where i please. (except where unlawful, which are a handful of places)

p2rider426
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
These are people with faded "Hope" stickers on their Prius. And their are nosy as hell. I've been asked "who's watching the kids?" when I take out the garbage. I tell them all I have to do is smear them with peanut butter and put them in the kennel with the dog. Dog gets a snack and they laugh the whole time I'm gone. Oh you should see their faces. Priceless.

Freaking classic!

AWESOME AR btw. If I were to build a carbine up right now I would do it identical to that. Flip up rear sight, same butt stock, same hand guard, same foregrip and pistol grip. Looks BA :cool:

Don29palms
12-03-2011, 6:58 AM
Your neighbors should be afraid, VERY AFRAID!

My neighbor is cool. We go shooting all the time.

Vetteodyssey
12-03-2011, 1:00 PM
Is that a complete spikes rifle? What model is it?

Almost. It's a Spikes Tactical 16" Elite CHF 5.56/.223 Upper Receiver with a Spikes lower. Then it's a DD two position stock and some Magpul furniture.

8 days left...

Curley Red
12-03-2011, 2:49 PM
Just put hello kitty stickers on the case, how is afraid of a hello kitty case? Or use a guitar case and line it with foam and cut the foam to the shape you like. Some guitar cases have backpack straps for easy carrying.

Seeker
12-03-2011, 5:07 PM
Now I'm wondering if you guys have a suggesting for a discreet case for it. 124923

You want this case.
http://www.lwrci.com/p-18-lwrci-ultimate-discrete-case.aspx (http://www.lwrci.com/p-18-lwrci-ultimate-discrete-case.aspx)