PDA

View Full Version : Help OLL build

Biff...
03-01-2007, 8:14 AM
Okay basic question, on the pic below is the roll pin suppose to hold the bolt release in? I know I know its a dumb question, but I want to make sure.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2luvzx2.jpg

AJAX22
03-01-2007, 8:17 AM
it looks like it, the basic rule is if it fits it's the corect one, there are only two roll pins that need to be driven in, and if its not the one that fits the trigger guard, then it is the one that holds the bolt catch in place.

shark92651
03-01-2007, 8:20 AM
For your first build, my advice is to print out the pic that shows the entire parts list and lay out all the parts in a similar position on a blank sheet of paper so you can become familiar with them all and avoid confusion.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Technical Ted
03-01-2007, 8:21 AM
If it measures 3/32"X1/2", then yes.

If it measures 1/8"X5/8" then it's the trigger guard roll pin.

Biff...
03-01-2007, 8:31 AM
Thanks guys, thats what I thought. I saw two roll pins and one of them was for the trigger guard. I want to make sure I don't break my trigger trying to tap in the wrong pin.

rorschach
03-01-2007, 6:06 PM
Thanks guys, thats what I thought. I saw two roll pins and one of them was for the trigger guard. I want to make sure I don't break my trigger trying to tap in the wrong pin.

You cant. The other pin is too small and wont fit in the trigger guard hole.

For the love of all that which does not suck, PLEASE use support under the ear so that you do not break it off. We have one member here who recently did just that, and is having a helluva time finding a welder to fix it. Personally, I like to clean up the rollpins a bit with some emory cloth and oil them with CLP before gently tapping them in, with a block of wood underneath for support.

Biff...
03-01-2007, 6:36 PM
You cant. The other pin is too small and wont fit in the trigger guard hole.

For the love of all that which does not suck, PLEASE use support under the ear so that you do not break it off. We have one member here who recently did just that, and is having a helluva time finding a welder to fix it. Personally, I like to clean up the rollpins a bit with some emory cloth and oil them with CLP before gently tapping them in, with a block of wood underneath for support.

I saw that thread, thats why I didn't push my luck with the roll pins.