PDA

View Full Version : AK guys, grease question

PandaLuv
12-01-2011, 7:03 PM
Does lube/grease make any difference to your AK while shooting?

The reason why I'm asking is because out of curiosity, I put Brian Enous gun grease on the rails of my AK. The AK starting cycling like butter and it seemed to take some of the recoil, unless I'm high from the awesomeness of the rifle.

Discuss.

PandaLuv
12-01-2011, 7:04 PM
Oh ****, mods, could you move it to rifle section, please.

RustyMacHine
12-01-2011, 7:08 PM
Does lube/grease make any difference to your AK while?

The reason why I'm asking is because out of curiosity, I put Brian Enous gun grease on the rails of my AK. The AK starting cycling like butter and it seemed to take some of the recoil, unless You're high from the awesomeness of the rifle.

Discuss.

That^^

Don't mall ninja that rifle. If you really want a Tactical one, build another one.:43:

bloodhawke83
12-01-2011, 7:10 PM
no idea anymore, my action on mine is broken.

FeuerFrei
12-01-2011, 7:15 PM
http://laymenplaymen.org/cms/images/stories/grease/grease-is-the-word.jpg

...it's all I ever use on mine. Whatever brand I have laying around the shop.

Cuerno_de_Chivo
12-01-2011, 7:18 PM
http://laymenplaymen.org/cms/images/stories/grease/grease-is-the-word.jpg

...it's all I ever use on mine. Whatever brand I have laying around the shop.

iH2a30LTeWw

Levetti
12-01-2011, 8:18 PM
While you're at it, grease up the recoil spring and take a few more swigs of vodka, it will shoot rainbows and butterflies.

PandaLuv
12-01-2011, 8:44 PM
While you're at it, grease up the recoil spring and take a few more swigs of vodka, it will shoot rainbows and butterflies.

don't care about rainbows and butterflies, but I might just do it anyways :D

MrPlink
12-01-2011, 8:51 PM
I think you got high off grease that belongs to a guy named Brian :D

Dr Rockso
12-01-2011, 8:53 PM
This is what I do. It'll run just fine when dry, but a bit of lithium grease in the spots he suggests makes it feel a lot smoother and should reduce wear.

WSjE_nEFa0c

CSACANNONEER
12-01-2011, 8:55 PM
I oil up my rails along with my entire action right after I parkerize each one. Isn't that enough? In the end, it's a machine with moving parts and loose tolerances. So, do whatever you want to it. Lube probably won't hurt it too much.

Bro KV
12-01-2011, 8:57 PM
Slide Glide is magical!

msand951
12-01-2011, 8:59 PM
I use grease on most of my guns. Makes sense and works great. When I first got my wasr it would sometimes get stuck . I read around the forums that there is a 500rd break-in period which sounded like bs to me. I greased it and was GTG no problems now.

zfields
12-01-2011, 9:06 PM
You are overthinking it man.

Slap some motor oil/cheap grease/wd40/clp/slide glide/SLIP2000/KY jelly/lipstick on the damn thing and shoot it, wont make a difference.

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 9:17 PM
I rarely use anything, but when I do its usually wd40

msand951
12-01-2011, 9:42 PM
Or spappie.

Mail Clerk
12-02-2011, 7:40 AM
Does lube/grease make any difference to your AK while shooting?

The reason why I'm asking is because out of curiosity, I put Brian Enous gun grease on the rails of my AK. The AK starting cycling like butter and it seemed to take some of the recoil, unless I'm high from the awesomeness of the rifle.

Discuss.

PandaLuv,

Grease stay put when you leave it allot better than an oil which flies all over the place during the firing cycle. Now if you asking what type of grease you can use well you can go to your local auto parts store and get the "white lithium" in a can that will last you for years!!!!! For that price that's a much better value than the version that Brian Enos markets. I'm sure it's a fantastic grease but I just twna to save and keep a few buck in your pocket.;)

The final decision is yours.

Mail Clerk

xxINKxx
12-02-2011, 7:49 AM
I've always been told to use grease on an AK.

OffGrid
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I use Amsoil Synthetic wheel bearing grease or Stalube disc/drum brake grease. Pretty much the same stuff just depends on if I am in the shop or in my work shed to what I grab.

Used grease when I first put it together to help work things in and just kept doing it. There are many advantages to lubing metal on metal contact points and for what your doing you dont need anything fancy. An $8 can will last you a long time.

I have even made small carry tubes out of lip balm squeeze tubes. Cut off the end, fill with grease then heat seal the end back up.

chead
12-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Put the gun on the ground, spray CLP into the receiver, rub it down. Pay attention to the rails and you'll have a nice smooth action.

Caseless
12-02-2011, 4:35 PM
Any grease will help smooth up the action. Lithium grease at $4 a jug is probably the most cost effective for those of us living in CA.
The only reason to use more expensive grease is for sub-zero temperature or desert/sandy environment applications.

Panchira!
12-02-2011, 6:24 PM
CLP for me it's is beyond butter smooth!

jokat989
12-02-2011, 6:41 PM
i prefer sand my self...