PDA

View Full Version : Hard Chroming in the Bay Area

asintado
03-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Looking for someone who can do hard chrome plating in the Bay Area. My search revealed a whole bunch in SoCal but if I can find one here in the bay that would be better.

tzahoy
03-01-2007, 7:34 AM
I don't know if they do hard chrome, but it's worth checking out Superior Bumper and Chrome. These guys do top quality work and I'm sure you'd be pleased with the results if they offer the finish you're after.

boogak
03-01-2007, 4:21 PM
let me know if you find anyone in the bay area for hard chroming. i would like to get that done too

Wulf
03-02-2007, 8:07 AM
Again, not hard chrome, but on Burkett's Pod cast they've been raving about Ion Bond. http://www.ionbond.com/default.cfm?language=1

They're just getting into the gun business, but they have a long history in medical and machine tool parts. Supposedly its very hard and corrosion proof and doesnt change dimensions and parts fit like hard chrome will. Supposedly you cant scratch it with a knife.

I've got a nearly stainless steel kahr I've been thinking about sending off.

elsolo
03-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Again, not hard chrome, but on Burkett's Pod cast they've been raving about Ion Bond. http://www.ionbond.com/default.cfm?language=1

They're just getting into the gun business, but they have a long history in medical and machine tool parts. Supposedly its very hard and corrosion proof and doesnt change dimensions and parts fit like hard chrome will. Supposedly you cant scratch it with a knife.

I've got a nearly stainless steel kahr I've been thinking about sending off.

I can attest that a pocketknife will not scratch it. I was present at a match when Taran was asked about it, he handed that guy a mag and a knife, that guy used his own knife and was amazed. The next guy used his own knife, and when he handed them both to me I choose to use his too, instead of dulling the one in my pocket.
It's a nice sooty black, I would get the sights done too.