PDA

View Full Version : Slide Fire SSAR-15?

JonnyGSX
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I tried searching for this but "Fire" and "Ar-15" was skewing all my results. So I apologize in advance. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else. I fired a Slide Fire SSAR-15 over the holiday back home in Nebraska. And while they are pretty much a waste of money... its still a majorly fun waste of money. But I'm curious, are these allowed in California? If they are, would they work with a .22lr conversion? Because that would pretty much be the most fun thing ever.

Thanks!

MrPlink
12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
No and no
/ thread

goodlookin1
12-01-2011, 11:44 AM
^
|

This

Illegal via the "multiburst trigger activator" laws. Code can be found by looking at PC 12020(23)(B)

(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator"
means one of the following devices:

(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed
and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it
increases the rate of fire of that firearm.

858casper858
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
IBTL

mossy
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
if it is fun you can not own it in CA.

RustyMacHine
12-01-2011, 11:52 AM
NO!

I believe:

this could readily be considered a collapsible stock and thus it needs to be run on
an off-list rifle using a BulletButton maglock, or with a registered AW. It should NOT
be used on a 'featureless' configuration.
this could be regarded as a 'multiburst trigger activator', which is separately and
intrinsically illegal even if possessed separately from the gun. The definition of such
in 12020(c)(23)(b) is pretty friggin' broad.

If you're ever back in Nebraska, instead of buying the $300 ugly stock can't you just:
(Same concept with out the fancy ATF letter)
Remove the stock from the buffer tube then insert a spring from a C-cell maglite in the stock (after the buffer tube) and hold the adjustment lever in the open position so it just slides back and forth just like that SSAR-15 stock? That way it won't be an ugly looking rifle.

(This is just an idea... Kids don't try this at home).

JonnyGSX
12-01-2011, 12:01 PM
NO!

If you're ever back in Nebraska, instead of buying the $300 ugly stock can't you just:

I guess you could but it wasn't my stock or gun so it didn't cost me anything. And the lower split in half at the rear pin while we were wasting ammo so I don't know that ill get to shoot it again.

Thanks for the replies guys, i figured it wasn't cali legal. And for a moment there I forgot I only have 10round mags here anyways. 10 rounds would go so fast it wouldnt' be worth it.

bohoki
12-01-2011, 4:57 PM
it has not been ruled illegal and the definition of multiburst trigger activatior is ambigious with this device its best to play it safe this close to the line

Cyc Wid It
12-01-2011, 6:08 PM
There are lots of threads, don't bother.

louscamaro91
12-01-2011, 7:16 PM
incase you haven't heard, the answer is NO!:)

WDE91
12-01-2011, 8:02 PM
die topic die

BlackRifleFan
12-07-2011, 4:32 PM
Tried one this past weekend in Nevada, it's a cheap piece of plastic, but the idea is pretty genius and it works great! Fun fun fun. Well worth the $350 in my book. The newer SSAR-15 design also looks decent too. :D

It works so good that don't think these things will be legal much longer, and I fear that the ATF might seize them all shortly.

xxINKxx
12-07-2011, 4:50 PM
It's basically a bump fire assist. All my friends have em here in AZ. You can control any amount of burst combo you want. Super fun. But my dad always shows them up with real deal registered legal full autos lol

BlackRifleFan
12-07-2011, 5:15 PM
It's basically a bump fire assist. All my friends have em here in AZ. You can control any amount of burst combo you want. Super fun. But my dad always shows them up with real deal registered legal full autos lol

I was reading more from the owner what he posted on AR15, and he believes there is no way these things can be deemed illegal by the BATF because as he said, there is no mechanical device and you have to manually pull the trigger each time...

I will beg to differ on that though, with this stock you are just resting your trigger, and by just slightly pushing forward on the forearm, you get multiple shots off with actually not one trigger pull, but "no trigger pull" as the recoil and stock slides to enable the trigger to hit your finger to get the next shot off, repeat and you just emptied a mag.

To me this thing works just as good as full auto AR's. You can do 3 round burst easily with a little practice. You can fire semi anytime you want.

I think it's full rate of fire is the same as an M16, if not it's very close because this thing can easily dump an entire 30 round mag in less than 3 seconds.

I know the owner is very confident that this thing is 100% legal and will never be banned but this is the Govt we are talking about here, and they can pretty much make up any law they want.

Anytime you hear a gun go off that fast you automatically think "machine gun"

Arisaka
12-07-2011, 7:24 PM
If you bring one to California, I think you get the death penalty.

Noah3683
12-07-2011, 8:29 PM
This is still open? IBTL

BlackRifleFan
12-08-2011, 5:29 AM
This is still open? IBTL

Why would this be locked? I think we already established these are illegal in CA, and do not bring it here.

Noah3683
12-08-2011, 9:58 AM
Why would this be locked? I think we already established these are illegal in CA, and do not bring it here.

Because every other thread about it has been. So therefore my question was based on simple logic

chead
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
They aren't explicitly illegal. Someone a while ago posted about how they had walked away (with the stock) from an encounter with Border Patrol (I think it was). But it could have easily gone another way. Just don't do it.

BlackRifleFan
12-08-2011, 1:18 PM
They aren't explicitly illegal. Someone a while ago posted about how they had walked away (with the stock) from an encounter with Border Patrol (I think it was). But it could have easily gone another way. Just don't do it.

These thing works so good that they should be illegal hahah :D

I have shot full auto before, many times, I was in a line unit and we got to unload full auto frequently. Also I go to those machine gun shoots in Vegas quite often. To me this thing is just as good, only with slight modification of the fore-end grip, you now have a gun that can rock and roll.