PDA

View Full Version : SKS VS Ak47

SKSer45
11-30-2011, 8:33 PM
Hmmm I guess this argument is coming up a lot on youtube saying which one is better.

IMO I would have to say the SKS due to its accuracy even if its a para. Plus being the older the brother it demands a little respect from AK-47 :)

(yes my answer is biased duh lol)

cmace22
11-30-2011, 9:04 PM
Better for what. I have both and IMO the only thing the SKS is better at is not scaring ignorant politicians!

Mamluke
11-30-2011, 9:16 PM
Hmmm I guess this argument is coming up a lot on youtube saying which one is better.

IMO I would have to say the SKS due to its accuracy even if its a para. Plus being the older the brother it demands a little respect from AK-47 :)

WHAT?!!! FROM UNDER WHICH EX SOVIET BLOCK BACKWARD COUNTRY DID YOU CRAWL BRO?!!!!!!!

The AKM and SKS are OCEANS APART in every aspect!
Just because they happen to share a caliber, that doesn't put them on par with each others. Your claim is nonsense.

Its like saying an old analog cell phone is on par with an iphone?!!

From a military tactical standpoint, the AKM is a far superior weapon, it can be utilized more effectively in battle and much faster to deploy than a bulging, bulky Peter the Great spear!

The two rifles are not comparable IMHO

.................. :chris:

Cali-Shooter
11-30-2011, 9:19 PM
I had a thread like this a while back. I voted AK-47 over SKS, but SKS was found to have advantages over the AK-47 in ways I never would have figured out, ever, such as more accuracy per shot.

SKSer45
11-30-2011, 9:22 PM
Better for what. I have both and IMO the only thing the SKS is better at is not scaring ignorant politicians!

better for anything, SHTF, Zombies etc.

O yes the AKM damn good rifle too but then again not everybody loves IPHONES either right? Sometimes oldies but goodies still reigns supreme.

Mamluke
11-30-2011, 9:26 PM
I had a thread like this a while back. I voted AK-47 over SKS, but SKS was found to have advantages over the AK-47 in ways I never would have figured out, ever, such as more accuracy per shot.

For the love of God, the AKM was not designed for accuracy! Its designed for intense combat in somewhat close quarters, and particularly to be carried by mechanized infantry men and tank crews.

Nonetheless, its accuracy is not as bad as you guys make it out to be... its no sniper rifle and they have an SVD for that purpose.

Full Clip
11-30-2011, 9:30 PM
WHAT?!!! FROM UNDER WHICH EX SOVIET BLOCK BACKWARD COUNTRY DID YOU CRAWL BRO?!!!!!!!

The AKM and SKS are OCEANS APART in every aspect!
Just because they happen to share a caliber, that doesn't put them on par with each others. Your claim is nonsense.

Its like saying an old analog cell phone is on par with an iphone?!!

From a military tactical standpoint, the AKM is a far superior weapon, it can be utilized more effectively in battle and much faster to deploy than a bulging, bulky Peter the Great spear!

Faster to deploy? Can be utilized more effectively?
All of that and you failed to make one clear, factual point to back up your claim. Come on, man! :cool:

NorCalK9.com
11-30-2011, 9:37 PM
FACT!!!!
AK47 beats the sks 100x's, if it didnt russia and every other combloc wouldnt have switched.
Theres a fact for you.
Btw I have 2 sks's n I love them but their not even in a league with an AK.

Mamluke
11-30-2011, 9:38 PM
Faster to deploy? Can be utilized more effectively?
All of that and you failed to make one clear, factual point to back up your claim. Come on, man! :cool:

Fact number one, and most pertinent fact to this subject matter:

AKM REPLACED the SKS...seeeyaaa....

And I'm not belittling the SKS in any way, shape or form ... just that the two rifles are vastly different!... just saying...

MY 2CENTS....

wang949
11-30-2011, 9:41 PM
OP, are you talking about in Kali or the real world? I could see your argument if you're talking in terms of CA. (BB, semi-auto, 10rnd mags)

NorCalK9.com
11-30-2011, 9:43 PM
Even with cali laws I can drop a mag out of an ak faster than I can stripper clip 10 into sks

Ergo the Qualmed
11-30-2011, 9:50 PM
Even with cali laws I can drop a mag out of an ak faster than I can stripper clip 10 into sks

Friend and I had a competition today, fire one round/drop mag/insert new mag/fire again for the purpose of gauging reload speed

My SKS and I reloaded and were back on target quite a bit quicker.

And of course, because I did it once, it is a valuable statistic XD

Cali-Shooter
11-30-2011, 9:52 PM
OP, are you talking about in Kali or the real world? I could see your argument if you're talking in terms of CA. (BB, semi-auto, 10rnd mags)

This is a big factor to take into consideration.

Due to the "Californication Effect" that has to take place, it is pretty much impossible to "tactical-up" an SKS up to the level that you can where it is on par with the AK-47, such as putting a higher magazine capacity than 10 rounds (no fixed round magazine of over 10 rounds allowed for semi-automatic rifle).

An SKS, by itself in stock configuration, is perfect to comply with CA dips**t gun laws, but doesn't have modern amenities such as detachable magazines like the AK-47 does, which the latter can easily accomplish by going "featureless," which is something the SKS basically cannot do, since it is for the most part stuck as a fixed magazine rifle.
Even the Norinco SKS with detachable magazines that takes AK MAGS, while being a "featureless" rifle, is on the CA ban list of "assault weapons."

wang949
11-30-2011, 9:53 PM
But you still need a "tool" to do it (unless it's featureless). Stripper clips are pretty quick once you get used to them.

NorCalK9.com
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm not arguing that people arent fast at stripper clips, but for the sake of argument a bullet works great as a tool. And even better which I havnt done yet go featureless and run 75round preban drums you legally own, and you know we all own atleast 2 from our highschool college days lol

aermotor
11-30-2011, 10:10 PM

Another thread that makes me question whether I'm living in the Matrix or not..... #fail

MrPlink
11-30-2011, 10:15 PM
But you still need a "tool" to do it (unless it's featureless). Stripper clips are pretty quick once you get used to them.

and featureless is even quicker once you get used to it

NorCalK9.com
11-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Dont get me wrong I love these crazy off the wall threads...... But where do you guys come up with this stuff????
Mosin vs dragunov lol
Musket vs rem700
Cannon vs nuclear warhead lol
Model T vs 2011 mustang gt

wang949
11-30-2011, 10:35 PM
and featureless is even quicker once you get used to itSorry for the thread derail, but how are the ergonomics on a featureless AK? I've never handled a featureless one. Is it comfortable to grip and feel secure in the hand?

Lostsheep
11-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Dont get me wrong I love these crazy off the wall threads...... But where do you guys come up with this stuff????
Mosin vs dragunov lol
Musket vs rem700

I'll take the model T with twin blowers :D

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bad-fun-with-nas-t-too-mrim.jpg

p2rider426
11-30-2011, 10:46 PM
But guys! The SKS is waaay more accurate, haven't any of you played BF3? :rofl::rofl:

mossy
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/DachgaVol/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg
AK is 1000 times better than the SKS

you would really take a rifle that only has a 10 round fixed mag that needs to be loaded by clips into battle?? i would much rather take something that can accept 30 round detectable mags and has a pistol grip into the fight

xSARSx
11-30-2011, 11:41 PM
But guys! The SKS is waaay more accurate, haven't any of you played BF3? :rofl::rofl:

lol okay kid go back and play bf3. its not the rifle thats not more accurate but the shooter who is more precise at shooting the target. to the op you cant really compare the two, they are two completly platforms in real world.

Shooter88
11-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Mosin vs dragunov lol
Musket vs rem700

I would be much happier owning a Model T :cool:

Blaze Kenobi
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
You can get an SKS cheaper then an AK here in Cali so you have a more accurate rifle for less money. Plus the only advantage the AK has over the SKS is when it is in full auto which is something that we here can't have so we have to press the trigger every time. SKS wins.

aermotor
12-01-2011, 1:02 AM
You can get an SKS cheaper then an AK here in Cali so you have a more accurate rifle for less money. Plus the only advantage the AK has over the SKS is when it is in full auto which is something that we here can't have so we have to press the trigger every time. SKS wins.

The video game kiddies just keep on coming.

1) Cheaper? Maybe.

2) More accurate? Fail.

3) Only advantage full auto? Fail.

4) Move along now.

Ryan in SD
12-01-2011, 1:59 AM
FACEPALM

Methinks OP needs to spend more time actually shooting.

There have been 1-2 moa AKs in 7.62x39
74 out of the box probably a little more accurate than SKS

SKS cons off the top of my head. fixed 10rnd box mag, weight, slow reload, 2-3 moa
AK cons, 3-4 moa

chuckdc
12-01-2011, 5:39 AM
As far as the AK replacing the SKS, I'd have to suggest that 2 things made that happen.

1 was mag capacity (which is more or less moot in California)

2 the AK was probably a LOT cheaper to make, since it was designed to be.

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 7:07 AM
Yeah must admit damn BFE3 gave the SKS' new life and legends which are way wrong.

Well your only slow with stripper clips if you don't practice and clean them out. Magazines...different story. Get one bad magazine and that will screw up your whole cycle and ROF.

Btw the AKM Replaced the AK-47 that replaced the SKS. No disrespect to the AK-47 but the SKS did see action on the Eastern front, korea, and Vietnam and those aren't exactly your range conditions are they? Nope that is why SKS is just as good if not better than the Ak-47.

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 9:17 AM
Yeah must admit damn BFE3 gave the SKS' new life and legends which are way wrong.

Well your only slow with stripper clips if you don't practice and clean them out. Magazines...different story. Get one bad magazine and that will screw up your whole cycle and ROF.

Btw the AKM Replaced the AK-47 that replaced the SKS. No disrespect to the AK-47 but the SKS did see action on the Eastern front, korea, and Vietnam and those aren't exactly your range conditions are they? Nope that is why SKS is just as good if not better than the Ak-47.

Bud you cant be serious, lmao. Ak runs circles around sks!
Ak I shoot standing 300 yards no prob w iron sights.
AK I can break all major components down in 3-5 secs.
AK I can run 4-100 round mags
AK I can run dry as all hell
AK has seen 1000x more battle than the AR, m16, sks combined.
The AK is a million times superior to ANY sks.
Do you own any type of AK?

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 9:41 AM
Use too. I put my m-16 in the armory and grabbed and ak-47 while I was in Iraq and I loved it.

Its not how many rounds you can put down range its 'One shot one kill' I will take my 10 clip over your 75 drum any day of the week knowing the Ak-47 AOEF and such.

I can take my SKS apart in 3-5 seconds either and SKS still being used today as well. In fact saw the news a few nights ago boys in Afghan found huge weapon caches of SKS used by the Taliban. I have thrown dirt on it, shot crappy surplus ammo and it eats it all and asks for more.

Ask your self this...why did all the Comm Block countries who built Aks build SKS' as well? Must have liked it or thought it was pretty right?. Romanians, Albanians, Poles, E. Germany, China, Vietnam, N.Korea built both :)

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 9:53 AM
One shot one kill?
Bud c'mon
I dont think you really have too much experience with the ak platform. Thats awesome you picked one up in iraq but an ak can hit anything an sks can!
Your sks's are very nice but theyre not on par! You can argue all day but you know deep down that your spewing nonsense.

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 10:26 AM
One shot one kill?
Bud c'mon
I dont think you really have too much experience with the ak platform. Thats awesome you picked one up in iraq but an ak can hit anything an sks can!
Your sks's are very nice but theyre not on par! You can argue all day but you know deep down that your spewing nonsense.

Deep down inside I am spewing common sense not nonsense. Look all this up and you will see. Books are all over this stuff.

Remember Soviet Doctrine was mass production not quality. Why you think they changed the SKS over to the Ak-47? easier to produce, less expensive and larger ammo capacity yet they sacrificed accuracy. STG= Ak-47 and that's pretty much what I need to know about the Ak.

Viet cong had a hold of both yet the Americans quickly respected the SKS as a solid little carbine and its accuracy.

hcbr
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
eh different era guns mang, both are great, just get them both, and make this thread moot lol ;)

Pvt.Joker
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
The one you have beats the one you don't. :cool: Past that; it's all relative to what your priorities are for the weapon to actually DO. Plinking? Repelling hordes of looters and rioters from the roof of your local Kwike-Mart? Or just looking "cool"? Do you want a rifle in other caliber options than 7.62x39? Or is it a matter of just having a solid, dependable, reasonably accurate carbine that will put enough holes in whatever is bothering you well enough to make it stop doing that?

For MOST of the above, the SKS is a good option as well as the AK family of weapons. For SOME of the above, the AK is the better (or only) choice. But either one beats throwing rocks 'n garbage at the "problem", so it honestly is a matter of get what you can first, and then get the other later and have both.

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I am going to say this, your making me wanna ahoot my sks lmao....
Are you a saleman? Heck you might even talk russia into going back to the sks lmfao...
In the end an sks can NEVER be on the level of the ak47/74 no matter how much yoyu think it is
i'm glad you love your rifles and I like your video.....

Blaze Kenobi
12-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey Zach if you do not know that the SKS is more accurate then you don't know facts. Period. I bet $200 you can't find an article that says AK are and have been far more accurate then an SKS. But you can find tons of books and articles that say that the SKS has always been more accurate. As far as the price it is not a maybe it is also a fact. If you can find me an AK47 for $250-300 here in California I'll give you my SKS.

zfields
12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Deep down inside I am spewing common sense not nonsense. Look all this up and you will see. Books are all over this stuff.

Remember Soviet Doctrine was mass production not quality. Why you think they changed the SKS over to the Ak-47? easier to produce, less expensive and larger ammo capacity yet they sacrificed accuracy. STG= Ak-47 and that's pretty much what I need to know about the Ak.

Viet cong had a hold of both yet the Americans quickly respected the SKS as a solid little carbine and its accuracy.

Same reason the US switched from a Full "battle rifle" to a smaller assault rifle. Getting more lead downrange faster.

Now the switch to the M16...that was just nonsense.

Blaze Kenobi
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
SKS can be made into these fine specimens.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-shotgun-discussion/34941-lastest-sks-bullpup-2.html

mean403
12-01-2011, 11:05 AM
The solution to this whole debate... is called a saiga :yinyang:

tujungatoes
12-01-2011, 11:05 AM
LOL! fanboys love to argue about who's gun has a bigger d*ck.:rolleyes:

Get over it! They are completely different guns. Each has advantages and disadvantages, and they change depending on the situation.

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Zach if you do not know that the SKS is more accurate then you don't know facts. Period. I bet $200 you can't find an article that says AK are and have been far more accurate then an SKS. But you can find tons of books and articles that say that the SKS has always been more accurate. As far as the price it is not a maybe it is also a fact. If you can find me an AK47 for $250-300 here in California I'll give you my SKS.

Bet you my ak74 is more accurare!
And if its not i'll give you..... Heck no I aint giving away one of my ak's lmao i'll give you nod of respect,
762x39 is useless after 300 yards so both ak n sks can hit a target at 300 yards so both are killers... If you guys only defense is accuracy get a m1a1, ptr91, saiga 308, rem700, barret, mosin, ar15, m1garand, All of them will put the sks to shame in long n short range accuracy.
i'm not even gonna waste my thumbs no more typing about this, anyone that owns both an ak n sks knows which is better over all.

Mamluke
12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
The solution to this whole debate... is called a saiga :yinyang:

How in the world a sporting Saiga is the solution to this debate or even on par with a military class weapon such as the SKS or the AKM? Where both weapons were designed for battle, and have indeed been proven & seen many, many battles!

How can a freaking SPORTING rifle designed from the outset to shoot at targets & hogs in a controlled environment be even in the same thread?!!!

http://ktmtalk.com/html/emoticons/chairshot.gif

My blood has reached the boiling point ... http://ktmtalk.com/html/emoticons/crazy%20cabasa.gif

zfields
12-01-2011, 11:23 AM
How in the world a sporting Saiga is the solution to this debate or even on par with a military class weapon such as the SKS or the AKM? Where both weapons were designed for battle, and have indeed been proven & seen many, many battles!

How can a freaking SPORTING rifle designed from the outset to shoot at targets & hogs in a controlled environment be even in the same thread?!!!

My blood has reached the boiling point ... http://ktmtalk.com/html/emoticons/crazy%20cabasa.gif

More like a military rifle that has been dumbed down to a sporting rifle to get it imported....

Receiver is already cut for a pistol grip, just covered up by the dumbass trigger guard plate.

Dion
12-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Q: Which is better, SKS or AK47?

A: Yes.

comblock
12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
:slap:

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 2:20 PM
LOL! fanboys love to argue about who's gun has a bigger d*ck.:rolleyes:

Get over it! They are completely different guns. Each has advantages and disadvantages, and they change depending on the situation.

actually they are not...more like brothers and sisters from the Parents of Siminov and Kalashnikov :)

And yes that was total nonsense switch the M-16 from M-14. Damn Wish I had one of those when I was out in Iraq.

@Blaze. I will take your SKS and give it a nice home :)

p2rider426
12-01-2011, 3:28 PM
lol okay kid go back and play bf3. its not the rifle thats not more accurate but the shooter who is more precise at shooting the target. to the op you cant really compare the two, they are two completly platforms in real world.

notice the laughing smily faces? I was being sarcastic. I own both, they're both innaccurate, the ak is more fun is the reason I prefer it.

SJgunguy24
12-01-2011, 3:31 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/008-6.jpg

This is one of my featureless AK's.

Sorry for the thread derail, but how are the ergonomics on a featureless AK? I've never handled a featureless one. Is it comfortable to grip and feel secure in the hand?
I own or have owned several versions of both platforms. IMHO the AK is just a better rifle. Less moving parts to go wrong. Those who say the SKS is more accurate should take into consideration the barrel length and weight of the platform. 2 of the benefits I find in the AK are it's compactness and light weight are what help the SKS acheive better acuraccy.
The SKS was accepted as a service weapon because the AK wasn't ready yet. When the AK was ready guess what won? I like both weapons but if I had to carry one into battle, AK is my first choice hands down.

tujungatoes
12-01-2011, 3:42 PM
actually they are not...more like brothers and sisters from the Parents of Siminov and Kalashnikov :)

They're gas operated semi-automatic(at least for our purposes) rifles of soviet design chambered in 7.62x39. You're correct. In those limited areas they are very much alike.

However the receivers, ergonomics, trigger mechanisms, bolt /carriers, bolt locking mechanism, gas system, magazine type/capacity, method of loading, weight, length, safety mechanism, bolt hold open(or lack there of)....etc. are all completely different.

If they're related they aren't siblings. I'd call them distant cousins at best.

Peter W Bush
12-01-2011, 3:53 PM

Because a Saiga is an AK that has a different stock and fore-end due to stupid import requirements...

Rebellious
12-01-2011, 3:55 PM
Doesn't seem to be much SKS love in here. Being a closet AK fan I have much love and respect for the older brother as roots are everything. Looking forward to picking up an SKS in the near future. Just don't tell my AK's :)

Fishslayer
12-01-2011, 4:08 PM

Add a mag lock & 10 round mags... then get back to me...
10rd strippers > 10 rd mags with BB

Mamluke
12-01-2011, 4:30 PM
Add a mag lock & 10 round mags... then get back to me...
10rd strippers > 10 rd mags with BB

Who care about California AK's...laws may change, or people may move out of state! We're discussing this in general terms, NOT CA specific...

Here's how I feel about AK's & Saigas ... NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE!!!

b2aNahgL8yM

.......... :oji: ...........

ZX-10R
12-01-2011, 4:32 PM
AK gets my nod. I have shot an SKS and liked it as well...However, all day every day it is an AK pattern for me.

SureShot241
12-01-2011, 4:36 PM
This debate is pointless... It's all about what fits the shooter best. For some, the SKS feels better and works better for them, for others the AK does.

The best gun is the one the shooter can use the best...

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 4:45 PM
Yes very nice video I even subbed. Yeah I have to agree with you Saiga's aren't authentic AKs but its not their fault its all the import laws etc... OK now some fun...

This is my para (chu wood) Zeroed in using Cheap Tula 123g FMJ @ 25 M sitting down.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj14/BBer45/rANE001.jpg

100 Yards Standing up (couple of jerks) Same day and ammo
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj14/BBer45/rANE002.jpg

200 yards Sitting and Zeroing Blond SKS with same ammo
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj14/BBer45/IMG_0232.jpg

200 yards Standing with shooter SKS same ammo
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj14/BBer45/rANE003.jpg

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 4:47 PM
This debate is pointless... It's all about what fits the shooter best. For some, the SKS feels better and works better for them, for others the AK does.

The best gun is the one the shooter can use the best...

Very true Hiesenberg but doesn't hurt to have both in your safe :)

STAGE 2
12-01-2011, 5:09 PM
Your average SKS is probably going to be a bit more accurate than your average AK, but in reality its likely a wash becuase you're only going to see the results on a bench. With the rubbish sights on both, for practical shooting they are going to be the same. Same with reliability and the rest.

The SKS does get the nod for prone shooting however. If you've ever tried to do this with an AK you know what I mean.

SureShot241
12-01-2011, 5:10 PM
Very true Hiesenberg but doesn't hurt to have both in your safe :)

Lol of course not!

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 5:37 PM
Your average SKS is probably going to be a bit more accurate than your average AK, but in reality its likely a wash becuase you're only going to see the results on a bench. With the rubbish sights on both, for practical shooting they are going to be the same. Same with reliability and the rest.

The SKS does get the nod for prone shooting however. If you've ever tried to do this with an AK you know what I mean.

yeah you are right about that. First time I shot an AK in prone was really weird and funky for me. My bread and butter with the AK was in kneeling position I dunno why but it felt more sturdy and I had more bone on bone contact.

But keep in mind not all SKS' are the same either. I mean some countries really made some junk ones like the Romanians and Albanians. But yea you are correct they will shoot and be very reliable.

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 7:04 PM
New deal, 1k rounds test ak n sks drop in swimming pool of water n mud pick up and shoot.... Winner keeps their face and 999 roynds of ammo.

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 7:20 PM
lol sure give me a rommy, alby, or Yugo SKS'. I dare not drop my collectible Paras :) especially since the market is going up for them and they are selling like hot cakes.

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 7:33 PM
lol sure give me a rommy, alby, or Yugo SKS'. I dare not drop my collectible Paras :) especially since the market is going up for them and they are selling like hot cakes.

Bud your sks will blow up!!!! Once water is in your gas tube its gonna go bang one last time n thats it.....

MrPlink
12-01-2011, 7:56 PM
New deal, 1k rounds test ak n sks drop in swimming pool of water n mud pick up and shoot.... Winner keeps their face and 999 roynds of ammo.

I really wish somebody here would take you up on this.

Whenever the pro AK camp offers a challenge like this nobody ever mans up :p

NorCalK9.com
12-01-2011, 8:20 PM
I really wish somebody here would take you up on this.

Whenever the pro AK camp offers a challenge like this nobody ever mans up :p

yes they never take me nor z up on the challenges.

SKSer45
12-01-2011, 9:31 PM
love to but I don't have an AK I will one day. When I do I can take some vids and we shall see who wins. Who knows maybe they both can win or maybe they both can loose.

NorCalK9.com
12-02-2011, 8:35 AM
love to but I don't have an AK I will one day. When I do I can take some vids and we shall see who wins. Who knows maybe they both can win or maybe they both can loose.

Wayer the ak is designed to go into water, due to the gas tube n piston design,
Sks not designed to do so and fills up with water all the way thru.

Mamluke
12-02-2011, 8:44 AM

Knowing what I know about your passion for WWII rifles, I think you should get a Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54 before an AK. That's Vasily Zaitsev legendary sniper rifle!

If you don't know who that is & don't have patience for books, watch the movie Enemy at the Gate.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Vasily.Zaitsev.jpg/250px-Vasily.Zaitsev.jpg

SKSer45
12-02-2011, 5:48 PM
Knowing what I know about your passion for WWII rifles, I think you should get a Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54 before an AK. That's Vasily Zaitsev legendary sniper rifle!

If you don't know who that is & don't have patience for books, watch the movie Enemy at the Gate.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Vasily.Zaitsev.jpg/250px-Vasily.Zaitsev.jpg

I already have one of those :) Damn good shooter too and fairly accurate.

.40Cal
12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
One shot one kill?
Bud c'mon

Ak can hit everything Sks can, right? Well, so can Sks hit everything Ak can. 200-300 yards...after that both are not practical. You may still hit a man size target, but accuracy is out of question st that distance. Within 200 (+/-some) yards, BOTH will work the same, is that right?

Capacity, mags, etc don't matter in Ca (limited to 10 shots only). Any other benefit AK has over Sks? Ak is very reliable platform - I've heard this many times - but nobody says Sks jams, or it has relibility issues! The longer barrel may yield better accuracy/distance shots, like some have mentioned. Also, if your going to use it for HD, SHTF purpose, it's hard to justify using an AK, vs a mere Sks to law. Same results, but one is "known" as "world's most popular assault rifle".

Just my 2 cents.