PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD X-Tensions?

Firedude1980
11-30-2011, 6:43 PM
Does anybody know if this are legal in California? It doesn't adjust the capacity of the magazine but makes it a full size for hand grip on the subcompacts. I feel silly for even asking......

http://www.springfield-armory.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_55_72_66&products_id=534

zfields
11-30-2011, 6:46 PM
If it doesnt extend the capactiy, its GTG

BTW thats to make fullsize mags fit a compact/subcompact gun. Its not a standalone part to go on a subcompact mag.

Firedude1980
11-30-2011, 6:52 PM
So it will make the full size 10 rounders fit on the subcompact? Even though the sub 9mm carry 10...I like the idea of having a full size grip whenever I want. I was looking at the 3 in" 9mm XD package. I was really enticed by the hand grip length change but just wasn't sure about it being legal in California. Thank you for the info!

MA2
11-30-2011, 6:52 PM
You can also go pearce grips on the existing sub-compact magazine.

zfields
11-30-2011, 7:02 PM
So it will make the full size 10 rounders fit on the subcompact? Even though the sub 9mm carry 10...I like the idea of having a full size grip whenever I want. I was looking at the 3 in" 9mm XD package. I was really enticed by the hand grip length change but just wasn't sure about it being legal in California. Thank you for the info!

Yes. Normally when you buy a XD in CA it comes with one compact mag, and one fullsize with the sleeve already on it.

You can also go pearce grips on the existing sub-compact magazine.

I use these on my compact mags, they help, but nowhere near the same as the sleeve IMO.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Eo6kNAS93jE/Tctnd6z3sFI/AAAAAAAAAMc/GONLLZWg9M0/s1024/DSC00405.JPG

Pearce grip in the gun, extended in the holster.

EddieEd
12-01-2011, 7:03 AM
I picked up my essentials package last weekend and it come with one full size mag and one short but both were 10 rds. If you were in a free state you would be able to use the 16 rds full mags on your Sub compack with these extensions.
Some people don't like them, I didn't find any problem or much differences while shooting with the extensions or the pearce grip which I added to my short mag. The extensions do give you a full grip front and back unlike the pearce grip. But for carry I think the pearce are better since you have less grip to deal with.