PDA

View Full Version : 1st post, SIG 226 bought

kneedeep
02-28-2007, 8:37 PM
Hello all,

I just recently found this forum. great find!

I was ready to purchase a Springfield Tactical .45 5" XD when I noticed a Sig 226 CPO 9mm. Hard decision.... I ended up purchasing the Sig 9mm. It's been awhile since I've shot a Sig but this 226 felt great and that was the main motivation leading to purchase of course along with it's reputation.

Trying to obtain more info on the gun possible experiences from members etc. I was much more comfortable with the Sig but haven't really looked or shot them in about 8 years. Looking forward to get it out on the range.

I also became interested in the Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec. It felt solid and perhaps I'll add it to the collection soon. I shot a few pics of the 226 9mm before I left it at the shop. The waiting game has begun. I'm new to the East SF Bay Area and will probably try the Livermore range http://www.lprg.org/facilities.html. Shop employees also recommended Vacaville http://www.shootinggalleryinc.com/

Can anyone tell me any addition info or advice/tidbits on my new pistol? The gun was a recent addition to the shop and not a lot of info on it.
Thanks for reading my post.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/605/left226gy7.jpg

Stanze
02-28-2007, 8:57 PM
Awesome gun! I would of done the same thing, nothing against the Springfield, but the S.I.G. Sauer P226 is a nice gun!

laabstract
02-28-2007, 9:03 PM
check out www.sigforum.com for all your sig needs but come back to cal guns for some good old fun.

aca72
02-28-2007, 9:05 PM
Excellent choice! Now buy tons of ammo and shoot it!

Enjoy!

+1 on SIGForum.com

guimus
02-28-2007, 9:59 PM
another East Bay cpo SIG owner here. Last year I picked up a p229 in .40 SW (also got a drop in 9mm barrel for it) and it's performed flawlessly through many hundreds of rounds since then.

creampuff
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I very rarely make impulse buys, but a couple weeks ago, I bought a Sig226 CPO 9mm, to add to my Sig collection. So far, what I have noticed is that it recoils just a bit snappier than my HK USP9, but ergonomically the 226 feels much better in my hands.

One of the things that has made me a sig person, is that Sig's are out of the box reliable and accurate. I have not done anything to any of my Sigs, other than cleaning and maintenance, and they have worked like a charm over the past 12 years. I was little bit weary of a CPO (certified pre owned) firearm, but when I took off the slide, the barrel, the rails, everything was pretty much as new. If you pull back the slide, you may notice a bit of wear, on the front of barrel, the shape of a smile. The smileys sometimes indicate how much wear the barrel has been through.

I noticed my CPO has been shooting to the left. I may put 100 more rounds through it, and if it continues to shoot left, I'll will use my Sig sight pusher, to adjust the sights. My Sig 220 was brand new, and it shot to the right - so the 226 CPO being off to the left is not a knock against it being a CPO.

If you want work done on Sig such as trigger work, etc. I hear Bruce Gray? grayguns, or something does excellent work. However, you can leave your Sig without any modifications at all, and it will still be a keeper.

EricCartmann
02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Sig CPO guns are the biggest bargains in the gun Industry, they are only $500 each and will outlast you. I own a P229 CPO.

You did good in your choice. But then again I am partial to Sigs.

C.G.
02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
You could have done a lot worse, but I am partial to Sigs, as well.
Welcome to Calguns.:)

Socal858
02-28-2007, 10:32 PM
another East Bay cpo SIG owner here. Last year I picked up a p229 in .40 SW (also got a drop in 9mm barrel for it) and it's performed flawlessly through many hundreds of rounds since then.

how much are the drop in barrels?

C.G.
02-28-2007, 10:36 PM
how much are the drop in barrels?

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=226&cco=66

guimus
02-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I got a barsto for just under 200 bucks. Several vendors out there have them, just have to make sure you get the right one. You can go from 40 or 357 to 9mm, but not the other way around. They also make 9mm for 9mm frames. If you have a 40/357, you have to make sure you're getting a 9mm barrel for 40 frames. I've found my 9mm barrel to be more accurate than the 40, too, but the 40 is pretty precise, too.

cyberhh
02-28-2007, 11:08 PM
It seems in most of my reading (in other words inferred) the 9mm round tends to be a tighter round than the .40 - is this true, or just coincidence, or is this old information from the earlier days of the .40?

Miltiades
03-01-2007, 4:26 AM
I've had a Sig P226 9mm since the late 1990s, and shoot it frequently at the range. It has never failed to operate properly in thousands of rounds. Mine dates to the early 90s in manufacture, and came with the factory electroless nickel finish.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/SigP22605.jpg

un_ave
03-01-2007, 5:51 PM
just picked up my p225 from the FFL today...can't wait to get it to the range...it's my first Sig :)

WokMaster1
03-01-2007, 9:35 PM
what is the going price for CPO 226 in the SF Bay area?

kilword
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
antioch armory had 2 in for i believe 550 each, both in great condition a 9mm and 40sw

kneedeep
03-02-2007, 9:15 AM
antioch armory had 2 in for i believe 550 each, both in great condition a 9mm and 40sw

I purchased mine at Antioch Armory but it looks like I got stuck with a little premium on the 9mm. They weren't budging on the .45 XD and the SIG was the same price. Brian the GM at Antioch Armory was helpful and I'd rather pay a little more there and have someone with experience help me with my additional purchases. I'm satisfied with the deal and maybe my next purchase will come with a little more room for bargaining.

Gunfighter01
03-02-2007, 8:18 PM
I have a question on this peticular Sig. How did you purchase this in Calif?,,,,Its no longer on the roster of approved guns. I tried to purchase one and it was a no go. Was it already in the state?,,,,, thats the only way i could see it happening. I have one already, purchased in 1987 i wanted a NIB brother for it. All roster sigs have the stainless slides except for the 228 which is still available to be shipped here in calif.

kneedeep
03-02-2007, 8:27 PM
If this was directed to me then Yes.
The gun was in state. It was a Certified Pre-Owned P226 no rail/night sights.

The shop, Antioch Armory has a brand new Sigfor sale. I was just in the shop a few hours ago taking additional pics, asking questions.
Here is the other Sig P226 for sale BRAND NEW>
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6762/aarmory2sigti5.jpg

I have a question on this peticular Sig. How did you purchase this in Calif?,,,,Its no longer on the roster of approved guns. I tried to purchase one and it was a no go. Was it already in the state?,,,,, thats the only way i could see it happening. I have one already, purchased in 1987 i wanted a NIB brother for it. All roster sigs have the stainless slides except for the 228 which is still available to be shipped here in calif.

RainierArms
03-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Looks great. Congrats.

edsel6502
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Nice sig.

I'm waiting on next Tuesday to pick you my P220 SAO.

Shameless plug for Big Mac @ Irvington Arms. :)

btw. I've tried siging up at the sigforum. But the email they send to confirm your account has gone bye bye. Despite repeated requests for emails and many checks of my spam filter I have yet to get an email from sigforums.

Can someone ping a Mod/Admin type person at sigforums and ask them to validate the account of one "edsel6502"? :)