PDA

View Full Version : Help Assembling Spikes Enhanced LPK

SacTown
11-30-2011, 4:52 PM
Is the spikes enhanced LPK different then most LPKs? Because after watching numerous youtube vids and checking out step by step threads, it seems that there are definitely parts that the regular LPKs don't have. Does anyone know of a thread or even a video of someone assembling a Spikes Enhanced kit? Thanks!

Munny$hot
11-30-2011, 5:17 PM
It installs the same just except a few extra steps for the KNS anti rotation pin and ambi safety install. Check youtube/google for vids

SacTown
11-30-2011, 6:58 PM
It installs the same just except a few extra steps for the KNS anti rotation pin and ambi safety install. Check youtube/google for vids

Thanks I figured it out. One more thing. I have an extra detent and spring left over. Did I miss something or did Spikes just send one extra of each in case one got lost during install?

wash
11-30-2011, 8:40 PM
They are probably extras.

There are three detents and one bolt hold open plunger that are small cylindrical pieces in an AR LPK. The front and rear takedown detents are identical, the selector detent is pointed and has a small flange I think and the bolt hold open plunger has a spherical end and should be black oxide coated I think.

jonzer77
11-30-2011, 8:43 PM
I had a few extra parts from my spikes enhanced lpkas well.

TruEdge
11-30-2011, 8:49 PM
Spikes always throws in extra's they have great lpk's I have them in both my builds.

SacTown
11-30-2011, 8:53 PM
They are probably extras.

There are three detents and one bolt hold open plunger that are small cylindrical pieces in an AR LPK. The front and rear takedown detents are identical, the selector detent is pointed and has a small flange I think and the bolt hold open plunger has a spherical end and should be black oxide coated I think.

Thanks! I had to go over the install in my head real quick to remember but I'm positive everything is where it should be. Thanks for the clarification.

SacTown
11-30-2011, 8:56 PM
Spikes always throws in extra's they have great lpk's I have them in both my builds.

Yeah they do! They included a screw in punch tool for the trigger pin as well and of course a bunch of stickers. The worst part about Spikes is their inability to keep a good pace with supply and demand. Their selling like hot cakes right now! I'm just glad my two month wait is FINALLY OVER! :D

I had a few extra parts from my spikes enhanced lpkas well.

Thanks for the confirmation!

jonzer77
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM
You will like their battle trigger as well. I wanted something better then entry level but I didn't want to spend 130-200 either.

SDRider858
12-01-2011, 11:52 AM
You will like their battle trigger as well. I wanted something better then entry level but I didn't want to spend 130-200 either.

+1. I really like the feel of the trigger on follow up shots. Nice and silky.

21SF
12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Spikes is the shizzzzzz!!!! as is the enhanced lower parts kit.

Now all you need is the NB BCG.