PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 complete rifle packages

Cbieling
02-28-2007, 5:25 PM
List,

I am offering 4 custom complete rifle setups with everything you need to start enjoying the great outdoors. This offer in not available online and is for Calguns members only. You have to call for this deal. 801-865-8550.

Right handed and left handed rifle packages based on a complete Stag Arms rifle. All packages include the bullet button mag lock and a 30 round mag (pinned by the factory for me to 10 rounds) you get the 30 round look you want while complying with the law.

All packages are +$25.00 shipping to your FFL.

Right Handed Models:

Delta : Stag Model 4 Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk fixed stock sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,362.00

Tango 6.8mm : Stag Model 5 Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk side swivel sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,497.00

Recon : Stag Model 3 Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk collapsible stock sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,282.00

Urban : Stag Model 2 Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk side swivel sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,307.00

Left Handed Models:

Delta : Stag Model 4L Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk fixed stock sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,427.00

Tango 6.8mm : Stag Model 5L Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk side swivel sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,532.00

Recon : Stag Model 3L Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk collapsible stock sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,302.00

Urban : Stag Model 2L Rifle, EoTech 512, Black Hawk side swivel sling, Hogue grip, bullet button, 10 round mag. $1,322.00

Thanks,
Chris

tenpercentfirearms
02-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Chris, you might want to specify how the magazine was pinned. How permanent is it?

bush wacker
03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Chris, any pictures?

Cbieling
03-01-2007, 3:31 PM
List,

You can see what the base rifle looks like on my website. www.lanworldinc.com under complete rifles.

I will be installing a Prince bullet button and a 10 round mag prior to shipping to California FFL.

Thanks for the interest.

Chris

thmpr
03-01-2007, 3:34 PM
[QUOTE=Cbieling;518008]List,

I am offering 4 custom complete rifle setups with everything you need to start enjoying the great outdoors. This offer in not available online and is for Calguns members only. You have to call for this deal. 801-865-8550.

Right handed and left handed rifle packages based on a complete Stag Arms rifle. All packages include the bullet button mag lock and a 30 round mag (pinned by the factory for me to 10 rounds) you get the 30 round look you want while complying with the law.
All packages are +$25.00 shipping to your FFL.

It was stated....:p

tenpercentfirearms
03-01-2007, 6:32 PM
It was stated that they would be pinned. What does pinned mean? Is it permanently pinned? Is it easily reversable? How long has Stag been making magazines CA legal? Do they know what they are doing?

You will want to have these questions ironed out before you send a lot of magazines into the state that are illegal. I have already gone through this and I even discovered that a reputable manufacturer of magazines was actually sending 11 round magazines into the state for quite some time until I checked them. I contacted them and we got it squared up, but there were already a lot in the state and I didn't sell them to people so it wasn't C Products.

A high capacity magazine in a fixed magazine build is a felony. So if you are confident that your magazine is permanent, then hey, that is cool. I just know if I were an FFL that was supposed to do a transfer or if I was the end user even, I would want to know what kind of method it uses to make sure I wouldn't be getting into any trouble.

Cbieling
03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I appreciate the concern on the factory manufactured 30 round mags that will not accept more then 10 rounds.

Here is what I know.

1. These mags are modified in the factory so the follower will not go past a certain point, in this case 10 rounds.
2. The followers are a different color to indicate they are 10 round limited mags.
3. The manufacture specifically told me they are California legal.
4. The customer can always ask for the basic 10 round mag if they want.
5. These are the same mags that I am selling re-sale to dealers already in California.

I hope this helps with any questions about the magazines.

Chris

bwiese
03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi Chris,

I suggest you read this thread/post I created last September:
http://64.151.69.37/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=39432

The problem is not just whether the mag is hicap or not. It must be permanently restricted to 10 rounds - while no standard of permanence is codified, that damn well is likely to mean that the mag is well-nigh destroyed if someone tried to modify it to hold more than 10 rounds.

If your 10rd mag has a simple pin or block in it, that ain't good enough, and your vendor may not understand this concept.

The real danger is that if this 10rd mag is not regarded as being permanently restricted to 10rd capacity then when it is used in a fixed-magazine semiauto rifle, it could trigger the Penal Code 12276.1(a)(2) secondary definition of a generic AW, a semiautomatic centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine having the capacity to accept over 10 rounds.

So while a more minor misdemeanor mag violation might occur (but likely does not - undetectable due to general lack of likelihood of enforcing mag laws due to lack of tracking/serialization), the use of such mags in a fixed-mag OLL situation escalates the severity level significantly. Such a mag issue could be more readily discerned since the rifle's status (as opposed to the mag status) would be questioned, and the mag would be examined as one issue in a fixed-mag build.

I urge you to check how readily your mags could be converted to more-than-10rd status and avoid them if they just have a simple block. If you have to destroy them to attempt to get more than 10 rounds, that's good.

Frankly, you're making more grief for yourself than you need. Let the CA FFLs worry about these matters, they will have the best info on CA laws. Ship the Stag rifles, etc broken apart, in two packages. One package contains the lower, no pistol grip, and the telestock buttpiece removed. The other package contains the upper, pistol grip and any telestock removed. (You can leave the telestock tube attached to the lower.) Ship the Prince50 or BulletButton or whatever other mag lock kit you care to ship, along with a true 10rd magazine. Let folks here worry about 10s-that-look-like-30s, and proper assembly.

This saves you grief, lets the right folks deal with things accurately (hey, we're in CA, we have to live with this cr*p) and keeps everyone out of trouble.

Do not rely on vendor's assertions of CA legality. Hell, we can't even rely on our own DOJ Firearm's Division assertions of legality & approval. (long stories there).

This isn't jumping on your tail Chris, we want to welcome you to CA sales, thanks for helping us out, we want to make things easy for you and keep all folks (vendors/customers) away from any 'edge conditions'.

grammaton76
03-05-2007, 4:22 AM
What factory are you talking about, on the mags? I think the main thing folks are getting concerned about is that you seem to be evasive as to where the mags are coming from, and what factory's doing it.

Just say what factory's doing it (either here or in a PM to Bill, for instance), let Bill give 'em a quick ring to see what they're doing, and everyone's fears will be put to rest. If confidentiality is an issue, rest assured that he talked to JP and rssslvr a while back, and plenty of detail was disclosed on their process... he didn't go posting on Calguns how they do it, only that he was well satisfied that it was adequate. Your vendor or manufacturer, I'm sure, would enjoy the same protection provided that the mags are indeed adequately restricted. Being evasive about it will not help peoples' assumptions in this area.

If "The Factory" is a guy in his garage who's remanufacturing mags, that's a non issue. The only issue is "limited but we don't know HOW limited".

tenpercentfirearms
03-05-2007, 8:24 AM
I just got off the phone with Chris at Lanworld. Stag sent him these mags and told them they were CA legal. He checked them, they held 10 rounds, he thought cool and offered them for sale. I called Stag and they didn't have a clue what makes these legal. Stag described them as "pinned".

C Products denies selling these mags recently to Stag, but it might be possible they sold them a bunch over a year ago. I have no reason to doubt that Chris and Edsel are posting genuine information and pictures of the magazines he is selling. With that being said, Stag is getting C Products magazines some where and selling them cheaper than C Products sells them to me.

Chris and I are pawns in someone else's game. That doesn't concern you though. As long as the magazines you receive from Chris have "SS .223/5.56mm" stamped on the side and they are tabbed, not pinned, you have a good stainless steel magazine on your hands and $18 is a steal.

There is no more need to murk up the waters of this for sale thread any longer with this debate or now lack there of. You can buy these magazines with confidence that they are permanently fixed to 10 rounds as far as permanent goes.

grammaton76
03-05-2007, 1:58 PM
With that being said, Stag is getting C Products magazines some where and selling them cheaper than C Products sells them to me.

Chris and I are pawns in someone else's game. That doesn't concern you though. As long as the magazines you receive from Chris have "SS .223/5.56mm" stamped on the side and they are tabbed, not pinned, you have a good stainless steel magazine on your hands and $18 is a steal.

Ah, that should take care of all the concern then.

MAILMAN187
01-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Dead-thread revival anyone?

sorensen440
01-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Dead-thread revival anyone?

Why ? I doubt they are available anymore

sytfu_RR
01-13-2009, 10:51 PM
At nearly 2 years old I doubt the deal still going, tricked me for a second though..lol

Warhawk014
01-14-2009, 9:26 AM
dupe, hehehe i didnt even look at the date untill mail man said something.