PDA

View Full Version : HR 1022 ("Assault" Weapons Ban)!

mxpatriot51
02-28-2007, 4:39 PM
Hey guys, in case you don't already know, there is a potential AWB coming up again on the federal level.

It's HR 1022, and you can find it on the govtrack website.

It basically bans EVERY semiautomatic rifle with a grip. It redefines pistol grip to mean anything that can be used as a grip, whether "pistol" style or not.

Other than that, it's fairly similar to the ban here in CA.

Although we in CA have some of the most liberal representatives, we need to contact them anyways to try and defeat this ban.

To top it off, old G.W.Bush has said he will sign it should it get to his desk:mad:

jemaddux
02-28-2007, 4:50 PM
This is just funny;

`(xviii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;

`(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle

`(xi) M1 Carbine;

`(42) Pistol Grip- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip

Rubber band guns and air shoft is next!!!!!:eek:

DJDace
02-28-2007, 4:56 PM
To top it off, old G.W.Bush has said he will sign it should it get to his desk:mad:

If this part is true, I cannot understand how Conservative supporters can paint Liberals with such a broad brush. Bush is Captain Conservative and a purported "Hunter and Outdoorsman" so if HE would sign something like this then that should open your eyes to the fact that anti-gun legislation has less to do with Conservative and Liberal and more with Uniformed Gun-Fearing Litigation Mongers vs. Educated Firearms Respecting Enthusiasts! (that was a mouthful haha)

grammaton76
02-28-2007, 5:08 PM
We're well aware of HR1022. The primary thread for its discussion is below, which is in the 2nd Amendment / Politics forum:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=49202

jemaddux
02-28-2007, 5:19 PM
We're well aware of HR1022. The primary thread for its discussion is below, which is in the 2nd Amendment / Politics forum:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=49202

But I don't want to go there, I want to be a gun owning rebel!!!!!!!! I want to be one of the gun owning freaks and read it all here!!!!!!!:D Ok, I'm done being strange.

grammaton76
02-28-2007, 5:22 PM
But I don't want to go there, I want to be a gun owning rebel!!!!!!!! I want to be one of the gun owning freaks and read it all here!!!!!!!:D Ok, I'm done being strange.

Yeah, you're a freak all right, Mister Hybrid U-Drive Rivet Technique Guy. ;)

jemaddux
02-28-2007, 5:27 PM
Yeah, you're a freak all right, Mister Hybrid U-Drive Rivet Technique Guy. ;)

Yea but they sure do shoot good!!!!!!!!!!!