PDA

View Full Version : B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD Stock

C4iGrant
11-30-2011, 7:52 AM
Here are some pics of the NEW B5 Systems SOPMOD stock.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/B5_SOPMOD_Side.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/B5_SOPMOD_Side1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/B5_SOPMOD_Front.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/B5_SOPMOD_BCM.jpg

louscamaro91
11-30-2011, 8:26 AM
How much?
I need 5 or 6:)

C4iGrant
11-30-2011, 8:31 AM
How much?
I need 5 or 6:)

Check your PM's.

C4

HK Dave
11-30-2011, 8:32 AM
I'm trying to see what the difference is between this and the one I own. I see none. :P

C4iGrant
11-30-2011, 8:33 AM
I'm trying to see what the difference is between this and the one I own. I see none. :P

If you own an LMT SOPMOD, there is no difference (other than price).

These retail at $120 (not $190).

C4

rogtac
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM

If you own one of the original B5 SOPMODS, then you bought from a reject production run that was manufactured using incorrect specs that was provided to B5 Systems. Those stocks had fitment issues and were sold super cheap when they hit ebay. B5 Systems has since been given the correct specs and are manufacturing them to the same specs as Crane/LMT SOPMODS. There is a very nice comparison b/w the B5 stock and the LMT stock on arfcom. There are very very minor differences b/w the two.

louscamaro91
11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
If you own one of the original B5 SOPMODS, then you bought from a reject production run that was manufactured using incorrect specs that was provided to B5 Systems. Those stocks had fitment issues and were sold super cheap when they hit ebay. B5 Systems has since been given the correct specs and are manufacturing them to the same specs as Crane/LMT SOPMODS. There is a very nice comparison b/w the B5 stock and the LMT stock on arfcom. There are very very minor differences b/w the two.

Uh oh.
I just bought two on eBay.

C4iGrant
11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Uh oh.
I just bought two on eBay.

If you paid under $120 for them, they were the rejects (FYI).

C4

louscamaro91
11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I paid $153.50 for two of them.
The only negative reviews I've read, the stock fits REALLY tight and might need some sanding/fitting to work. For $150, I will try them out and then order a few of the newer ones from G&R.

xxINKxx
11-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Riflegear has them priced at 99$ but aren't in yet.

I purchased one, but after a month of waiting I got the VLTOR Imod stock which looks similar but better looking for the same price (99$) Couldn't be happier. And by looking at the detailed pics of the b5 im happy I went with the vltor and can see why the army buys the b5 for 12$ (looks pretty rough and crude)

louscamaro91
11-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Are these rejects?
http://www.rogtac.com/b5-systems-enhanced-sopmod-buttstock-black.html

C4iGrant
11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
The only negative reviews I've read, the stock fits REALLY tight and might need some sanding/fitting to work. For $150, I will try them out and then order a few of the newer ones from G&R.

Ya, those are most likely the out of spec ones (sorry).

C4

shark92651
11-30-2011, 1:51 PM
Riflegear has them priced at 99$ but aren't in yet.

I purchased one, but after a month of waiting I got the VLTOR Imod stock which looks similar but better looking for the same price (99$) Couldn't be happier. And by looking at the detailed pics of the b5 im happy I went with the vltor and can see why the army buys the b5 for 12$ (looks pretty rough and crude)

We have shipping confirmation that ours will be arriving early next week. The sample we received looked very nice and fit snug on a mil-spec receiver extension, but did not exhibit the overly-tight issue with the pre-production models. The fit and finish on them is pretty much identical to the LMT SOPMOD.

spdrcr
11-30-2011, 2:45 PM

Do they look like the Gen1 SOPMOD or the Gen2?

If it's the older style Gen1, I hope you have better luck than I did. I bought a pair from a seller on ar15.com and ended up sending them back for a refund. They weren't going to fit without sanding down the inside of the stock body and grinding down the latch pin so it would clear the bottom of the receiver extension.

IMO, it wasn't worth it when I could pick up quality offerings from VLTOR or MAGPUL for the same price.

Now the new B5 SOPMOD looks to be a bit more promising.

Are these rejects?
http://www.rogtac.com/b5-systems-enhanced-sopmod-buttstock-black.html

Those aren't the rejects those are the ones built with the updated/correct specs.

louscamaro91
11-30-2011, 3:47 PM
The ones I got are Gen 1.
I'm not opposed on grinding on them to fit, kind of fun to work on that kind of stuff.

louscamaro91
11-30-2011, 3:48 PM
Ya, those are most likely the out of spec ones (sorry).

C4

Hopefully I can get them to work on that Sweet 6940 I bought from you;)

Dhena81
11-30-2011, 4:05 PM
I know there is a statement about fake SOPMOD's on LMT's website

HK Dave
11-30-2011, 5:00 PM
Any of these in FDE?

shark92651
11-30-2011, 5:25 PM
I know there is a statement about fake SOPMOD's on LMT's website

The B5 SOPMOD is not a conterfeit LMT SOPMOD. It is a SOPMOD stock made to the military spec from another supplier. LMT does not own the design for the stock. A "fake" LMT SOPMOD would have the name "LMT" stamped on it but be made by someone else.

HK Dave
11-30-2011, 5:50 PM
$200 is ridiculous for something the military buys for $12.28 a piece.

At $99 it's much more reasonable (still expensive in my opinion but i'm not buying a 100 of them so i suppose its ok)... I noticed you will be getting FDE shark, will be coming by to pick one up when you get em in stock.

C4iGrant
12-01-2011, 5:29 AM
Any of these in FDE?

Not out yet, but I know they have a batch completed (we have some samples coming).

C4