PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Gen-2 & SureFire HiCaps

SAR_Squid79
11-29-2011, 6:27 PM
FYI: If you have (or are planning on getting) a Noveske Gen-2 lower receiver with the flared magazine well, the new SureFire 60 & 100 round high capacity magazines will not fit.

The way that both the mag well and the magazine flare out they hit each other and lack about 1/4" of clearance for the SureFire magazine to lock into place.

Just a heads-up. I just found out the hard way.

MrPlink
11-29-2011, 9:37 PM
good to know, Im wondering if this would be the case for other lowers with different magwells?
Not that it matters to most of us here..

Colt-45
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

nickyrr
11-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Sorry to hear that bro... Now let me do you a favor by taking the surefire mag out of your hand. I hate to see you suffer.

SAR_Squid79
11-30-2011, 9:03 AM
Sorry to hear that bro... Now let me do you a favor by taking the surefire mag out of your hand. I hate to see you suffer.

Huh?

technique
11-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, at least the flared magwell saved you the heart ache in finding out those SF mags run like crap.

I'd wait until they're fully discontinued and the newer versions come out.

21SF
11-30-2011, 10:10 AM

Are you asking to break the law?

951temec
11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
does the noveske gen II forged lower have any improvements over a billet lower?

SAR_Squid79
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
does the noveske gen II forged lower have any improvements over a billet lower?

The new Gen-2 lower is super clean. Very nice and precision. They are a little heavier than a normal billet lower, which is probably mostly due to the flared mag well, and the solid integrated enhanced trigger guard.

I'll post pics of everything later.

starsnuffer
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
It's a pity the STANAG mag and magwell NATO spec was never adopted. These magpul pmag things really screwed things up with smaller companies trying to design around such an out of spec mag.

For what it's worth, there are some flared magwells that work fine for the surefire extended mags. HK comes to mind, but there are others. Any STANAG spec magwell should accept the surefire mags. If the lower was built around the idea of using pmags, then probably not.

-W

Colt-45
12-01-2011, 2:51 AM
Can Noveske Gen2 lowers fit Beta C 100 round drums? I have no way of finding out, just curious.

SAR_Squid79
12-01-2011, 6:29 AM
Good question. I don't think I know anybody that has one.

CHS
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
It's a pity the STANAG mag and magwell NATO spec was never adopted. These magpul pmag things really screwed things up with smaller companies trying to design around such an out of spec mag.

For what it's worth, there are some flared magwells that work fine for the surefire extended mags. HK comes to mind, but there are others. Any STANAG spec magwell should accept the surefire mags. If the lower was built around the idea of using pmags, then probably not.

-W

You've got it a little bit backwards.

The MAGWELL has nothing to do with whether or not it's STANAG compliant. STANAG is a magazine spec/standard. If the MAGAZINES are made to STANAG compliance then they should fit into just about any AR magwell known to man.

The problem is that magazine manufacturers like to make magazines specifically for the AR/M4/M16 platform, IGNORING STANAG compliance. Hence the PMAG. It's designed for an AR. It IS NOT STANAG compliant and won't fit in a lot of guns that are designed for STANAG 5.56 magazines.

Based on their shape and outward appearance, the Surefire's are definitely not STANAG compliant either.