View Full Version : Larue LT755 vs LT649 Question

HK Dave
11-29-2011, 4:01 PM
Hey guys, anyone find any difference between the two Larue Flip to Side mounts in terms of dimensions?

I'm trying to mount an Aimpoint 3x with Larue mount behind an Eotech 516. There's quite a gap between the Optic and Eotech with the LT649.

I wonder if the LT755 would allow me to mount the Optic closer? Anyone can verify yes or no? Is Samson the only way to get the Optic really close?

On a side note, when I had the magnifier mounted behind an Aimpoint CompM4... it was almost touching... it was beautiful.

11-29-2011, 4:15 PM
AFAIK, it's just a lighter version of the LT649. It does swing out wider too.
Why do you want the magnifier touching?

HK Dave
11-29-2011, 4:20 PM
Don't want it to touch, just want it closer so I can fit a folding sight without the Eotech 516 hanging too far forward of the upper. Also, would be nice to have it a little further forward given that I often shoot nose to charging handle so the eye relief is too long where the optic is mounted now. :(

HK Dave
11-29-2011, 4:23 PM
Seems the LT649 and LT755 Mount in exactly the same way. Like SuperSet said, the LT755 is just skeletonized to be lighter.

11-29-2011, 4:24 PM
Can't answer the dimension question and doubt anyone else could. It's probably the same length on the upper receiver as the LT649.

HK Dave
11-29-2011, 4:36 PM
I think you're correct, the dimensions of the LT649 and LT755 seem to be the same in how they attach to the upper receiver.

Looks like the design was intended to work with Aimpoints instead of the Eotech in general. If it was intended for the Eotech, it would have been made to sit closer to the base of the Eotech which would give the upper receiver room for a Folding BUIS as well.