PDA

View Full Version : Beretta RX4 Storm

KevH
02-28-2007, 3:20 AM
It appears that the RX4 is finally here:

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/6_%20of%20spotlight_semiauto-rifle_Rx4Storm.cfm

Anyone interested in looking into a groupbuy?

C.G.
02-28-2007, 9:16 AM
It appears that the RX4 is finally here:

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/6_%20of%20spotlight_semiauto-rifle_Rx4Storm.cfm

Anyone interested in looking into a groupbuy?

I think they will be first to LEO and only then to civilians.

jp.cherokee
02-28-2007, 9:49 AM
The Rx4 Storm is sold with two stock configurations and a third fixed, pistol grip stock is available as an accessory.

(COMMERCIAL VERSION WITH THE STANDARD STOCK)

A collapsible, five-position telescoping stock allows the operator to adjust the length of pull for size, stature and for law enforcement body armor.

A “Sporter”-style stock version offers a more traditional feel for recreational shooters. Included are ghost ring sights with protective ears adjustable for windage and elevation. Both versions are sold with a 10-round magazine, plugged to five and will also accept optional 30-round magazines.

:confused: "Both versions are sold with a 10-round magazine, plugged to five" :confused:
Duh, what does that mean...

chiefcrash
02-28-2007, 9:54 AM
:confused: "Both versions are sold with a 10-round magazine, plugged to five" :confused:

some states put a 5 round cap on hunting rifles...

SixthChameleon
02-28-2007, 9:55 AM
It's probably plugged to five for hunters. Otherwise, it takes STANAG (M16) magazines, so no worries.

edit: chiefcrash beat me

shonc99
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm game but what about the flash supressor on the end. Otherwise, it is hands down the best rifle available in CA (besides OLL AR's- Flame off;)

I own the CX-4 storm carbine and it is one of the best carbines made.

Richard
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Just hung up with Beretta...it probably wont be around until the end of the year.
They are going thru the import procedure/customs process.

so go back to what you were doing.:)

Geoffkoop
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
how much is that thing?

C.G.
02-28-2007, 10:21 AM
how much is that thing?

If I recall correctly the MSRP was supposed to be around $1400 (this was at Shot Show 2006).

bwiese
02-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Pricewise it's gonna be in the $900ish area - that's as of last year's SHOT Show, depending on options.

I wonder how Beretta is getting around (or conforming to) 922(r) to sell these to civvies. The collapsing stocks may not be sellable to regular citizens, much like imported Benelli mag extension tubes for their autoloader shotguns.

Nevertheless, minus a flash hider, if 922(r) issues are dealt with, this will be a nice CA gun. I think the ARGOsystem gas system may allow good accuracy, though I think the barrel needs to be a tad heavier for accuracy apps.

radd
02-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Pricewise it's gonna be in the $900ish area - that's as of last year's SHOT Show, depending on options.

I wonder how Beretta is getting around (or conforming to) 922(r) to sell these to civvies. The collapsing stocks may not be sellable to regular citizens, much like imported Benelli mag extension tubes for their autoloader shotguns.

Nevertheless, minus a flash hider, if 922(r) issues are dealt with, this will be a nice CA gun. I think the ARGOsystem gas system may allow good accuracy, though I think the barrel needs to be a tad heavier for accuracy apps.

I think in CA we are stuck with the commercial stock with no pistol grip. Which is fine with me.:)

Unless a BB is made for it, which is also fine with me:D

50 Freak
02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I may be a little bias so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Seriously, I've always thought this was a butt ugly rifle. I'm not looking to add this to my collection any time soon.

bwiese
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Seriously, I've always thought this was a butt ugly rifle. I'm not looking to add this to my collection any time soon.

Well, then 50, nip this one in the bud and get Blackstars out there! ;)

Charliegone
02-28-2007, 11:39 AM

The barrel is something also I'm concerned about as well..by the looks of it does get a bit heavier under the furniture..but looks pencil thin at the exposed part. I don't know how it will do under rapid fire though...I'd like to see that.

DJDace
02-28-2007, 11:49 AM
This would make a really versatile gun for a decent price. With the right options on it you could use this as a bench-gun, for hunting and all kinds of fun target shooting.

If the CX4 is any indicator to go by, the RX4 should have alot of customization options (I used to droooool over the CX4's options until I found out I couldn't have one!).

I've had this rifle on the back burner since I first read about it. It just seemed like the perfect option for a modern CA legal rifle (as opposed to getting an M1A or a Ruger Mini). As long as it is in an acceptable price range I will definately have to look into getting one myself.

bwiese
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm hoping Blackstar can beat it to the mass market.

And with Blackstar you can use all sortsa AR goodies, bbl'd uppers, etc.

Archenemy550
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
The only thing I dislike about the look is the Mag well, it almost looks out of place. The bbl is also an area of "concearn", but I trust it will hold up to anything im doing with it.

That being said, I WANT ONE! :D

50 Freak
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
BlackStar Arms is moving it's butt. We're looking for a reputable manufacturer. That's pretty much what is holding us back.

Once we find one we like and trust with our baby. Watch out CA gun market, the BSR-15 will be coming your way soon.

I'll even bet my last precious Battle pack of Port 7.62x51 that the BSR-15 will blow the RX Storm out of the water.:D

bu-bye
02-28-2007, 12:48 PM
BlackStar Arms is moving it's butt. We're looking for a reputable manufacturer. That's pretty much what is holding us back.

Once we find one we like and trust with our baby. Watch out CA gun market, the BSR-15 will be coming your way soon.

I'll even bet my last precious Battle pack of Port 7.62x51 that the BSR-15 will blow the RX Storm out of the water.:D

Anyone else getting goose bumps?:D

Thanks 50 and Mud, I'm looking forward to the BSR-15 and......BSR-10 :hint hint:

50 Freak
02-28-2007, 1:04 PM
Thanks 50 and Mud, I'm looking forward to the BSR-15 and......BSR-10 :hint hint:

Hint taken, it's in the works.

jp.cherokee
02-28-2007, 1:26 PM
Hint taken, it's in the works.

Any pics of either???:D

Lethal_addict
02-28-2007, 1:44 PM
Id be in... for the Beretta!

50 Freak
02-28-2007, 1:46 PM
Id be in... for the Beretta!

Some men like blondes some like brunettes....It's all good.

626Tony
02-28-2007, 9:50 PM
I would drop everything im doing to go buy one !

626Tony
02-28-2007, 9:51 PM
I would drop everything im doing to go buy one !

WokMaster1
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM

50, I already have money set aside for the Black Star rifle. Please don't make me have to use it for son's college fund. He's 1 1/2 now.;)

ns3v3n
02-28-2007, 11:24 PM
am i the only one who thinks the commerical version looks like the rifle from kel tec? and oh, btw it's butt ugly lol

50 Freak
03-01-2007, 9:26 AM
Please don't make me have to use it for son's college fund. He's 1 1/2 now.

We'll, try not to...We're trying to keep the costs down and stay very competive with the other AR makers out there and at the same time offer a kick butt product.

Worse comes to Worse...use the wife's health insurance money...that's what I do to finance my "hobby". Hope the little lady never finds out or needs some kind of kidney operation.:)