PDA

View Full Version : Badger 30mm ring question????

Mirador
11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Hello guys,

Can someone please tell me which of the 30mm badger scope rings can i run in order to clear a 50mm bell housing of a scope i would like to run on a rem 700 model?
On their site it looks like the standard model or the shortest starts from .82 and then the medium at 1". not a whole lot of difference between the two but i would like for someone to clarify this for a new guys starting out here.

thanks ---- kindly

Damn True
11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Badger rings dont care.

G-forceJunkie
11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Depends on the barrel profile, how far forward or back you mount the scope, The length of your scope, if you want scope covers, etc. Also, it matters what rail you are running, they are not all the same height. Basically, there is no standard answer, trial and error is your only option unless someone has your exact setup and chimes in.

Mirador
11-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Depends on the barrel profile, how far forward or back you mount the scope, The length of your scope, if you want scope covers, etc. Also, it matters what rail you are running, they are not all the same height. Basically, there is no standard answer, trial and error is your only option unless someone has your exact setup and chimes in.

thanks for checking in!!! i had a feeling that the answer was not going to be so simple for something so basic. LOL
*Bull barrel
*20 MOA base
* lens caps (i Guess)
I'm just worried that being a noob i don't want to make the mistake of buying a set of rings and be to short or worse to tall.