PDA

View Full Version : AK Mag lock Solar Tactical knockoff??

0351USMC
11-28-2011, 8:57 PM
I was looking for AK mag lock for my Saiga conversion ,and found this AK mag lock in amazon
http://www.amazon.com/California-Legal-Compliant-Magazine-Button/dp/B004M7U1D8

looks exactly like Solar Tactical,but only $12.99:eek:

Mossy Man
11-28-2011, 9:10 PM
as long as it functions, i don't see why not

chead
11-28-2011, 9:14 PM
If they're doing a knock off that sucks a bunch. Is it possible Solar Tactical sold them a bunch in bulk at a discount? Maybe wishful thinking, but please do support the companies that keep our rifles legit in this state and not some random Amazon seller.

SJgunguy24
11-28-2011, 9:17 PM
Looks like a gen 1 style solar tac mag lock, those are the type that failed when we tested them at PRK.

dieselpower
11-29-2011, 6:07 AM
Looks like a gen 1 style solar tac mag lock, those are the type that failed when we tested them at PRK.

how so?

SJgunguy24
11-29-2011, 6:19 AM
how so?

I pulled latch cover down far enough for me to get my finger in there and release the mag without the aid of a tool. That's why the newer version has the long screw to beef up that area of the mag lock. I know Mike personally and I let him know what we found before anything got out. He changed his design and thats a credit to him as a good businessman and a good dude.
The Solar Tactical wasn't the only one we tested, but he is the only one to take the info and make a change for the better. He's a freind and I would never want to burn him in any way.