PDA

View Full Version : kel-Tec Sub 2000- any source?

Bushmonkey92
11-28-2011, 4:17 PM
I've ben looking into buying one but cannot fins ANY source for calif complaints models let alone the (sig 226 model that I want). Anyone have any info that can help Thanks!

tecate_gt5
11-28-2011, 5:02 PM
im in this boat to! i want the g17 version :) "systems need to work together"-nutnfacy same ammo same mags rifle and pistol oh yeah!

h0use
11-28-2011, 5:06 PM
I am looking for one that takes glock mags as well! I ended up buying a hipoint 995ts to hold me off till I find a sub2000. Nutnfancy gave the hipoint hi marks and he owns the one he shoots! He even said heneiuld never sell his hipoint!

xxINKxx
11-28-2011, 6:45 PM
They make BB for them, and any type of stock extension rigged/zip tied on will work. It's just 1/2 inch too short. Just find a CA friendly kel tec dealer and give them a call. Getting it CA compliant is super simple (like an AR) just need to find a dealer willing to ad the mods befor shipped.

tecate_gt5
11-28-2011, 6:47 PM
yeah i know that lol its finding one :helpsmilie:

easy
11-28-2011, 6:59 PM
DD's Ranch runs them occasionally. They have S2Ks in 40S&W right now...
http://www.ddsranch.com/index.html

tecate_gt5
11-28-2011, 7:01 PM
yeah but that ones not cali leagl :( ive checked there.

easy
11-28-2011, 8:45 PM
They will install a BB and stock extension on it for you. Just ask!

dr_communist
11-28-2011, 8:55 PM
i got extremely lucky when i got mine, another calgunner was gracious enough to link me to marks armory, they got em for $240.00 i bought the last one months ago, they are still sold out

rabagley
11-28-2011, 11:06 PM
yeah but that ones not cali leagl :( ive checked there.

Wha? With the stock extension, it's over 30". With the bullet button, the mag is non-detachable. I bought a 9mm G19 compatible version from DD's Ranch last year. They basically cut the bottom off the G17 version and the grip halves wiggle, so I installed a Hogue handall to deal with that. Love the result.

Also, get a Red Lion front sight with compensator immediately. The sight is awesome and 10x better than stock. The compensator is ineffective, but once you have it installed, you can pull the stock extension off and you're still 30" long. Also, the Red Lion sight doesn't work with the stock extension, so you're kinda stuck with the compensator.

sdukeric
02-01-2012, 5:41 PM
Here is what I did to get one into California. There are only 2 guys that import them Cal legal and that's Marks Armory and DD's Ranch. If they don't have any in stock they might do for you what they did for me.

Find the Bullet button and Stock extension and get it ready.
Finding a Sub2k is fairly easy. It's just that no one will install the bullet button and stock extension and ship to Ca.

Call marks armory or DD's and ask them if they will receive a Sub2k and install the compliant parts then ship back out to you. DD's ranch did it for me for a fee.

I bought a Sub2k from any dealer and had it sent to DD's he then did the install and sent it out to me.

Voila! Sub2k in my hands. It eventually costs a bit more..depending on your FFL. I luckily have an FFL that only charges me 65.00

In the end I spent about 560.00 for my Sub2k with all paperwork and taxes. Not to bad. Considering the scarcity of the rifle.

Alquist arms in Turlock usually carries them..but of course. Out of stock. And they sell them for 450.00

Gary13
02-04-2012, 9:00 PM
I was at the range today and another shooter had one and let me try it out. I am sold. I want one. It may take some effort, but one day I will have one. I really want one that uses 226 mags, but I may take one that uses Glock 17 mags. That just means I will need to buy a Glock.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
02-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I haunted the Firearms marketplace thread until I found a Calgunner who had one posted in a WTT thread. It took a while.

sdukeric
02-07-2012, 2:48 AM
I haunted the Firearms marketplace thread until I found a Calgunner who had one posted in a WTT thread. It took a while.

I saw that thread when looking for mine. Care to sell it?