PDA

View Full Version : Light Primer Strikes on m193 ammo?

Quickdraw Mcgraw
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Put together a CMMG lower with Daniel Defense parts kit an test firing(with RRA Coyote upper and m193 I was gettin about every other round to go off...very frustrating:confused:...I did a little polish on the trigger being very carful to not remove any material befor I put it together. The firing pin is diffinetly hitting the primer and leaving a round indention but not ignighting the primer.

Question is should I just spend the $100 an get the 4lb JP trigger kit which I noticed has the "military" spring for reliability with military ammmo.

Also the gun fired about twenty rds of a diffrent brand of m193 without any problems and then choaked again with the 556 walmart tactical blackbox ammo.

Any suggestions guys??!! I'd sure love to get this gun up an runnin next weekend.

Munny$hot
11-28-2011, 2:33 PM
Oil the bolt and the carrier rails.

GMG
11-28-2011, 4:00 PM
Might try a H/D trigger spring. Like the one's used with 5.45X39 AR'S.

email
11-28-2011, 4:04 PM
Are your hammer and trigger springs in correctly? If not, this can cause light strikes.

Army
11-28-2011, 6:26 PM
Sounds more like your hammer spring is assembled incorrectly.

Make certain that both "legs" of the spring are ABOVE/ON TOP OF the trigger pin.

This does two things: Insures correct spring tension, and locks the trigger pin into the receiver.

Hammer should be the last item assembled into the receiver.

Quickdraw Mcgraw
11-29-2011, 10:44 AM
PROBLEM FIXED I HOPE...DAMM TRIGGER SPRING WAS IN BACKWARDS. Thanks for the help!