PDA

View Full Version : defcon 15 lower???

jbush
11-28-2011, 8:53 AM
Anyone know anything good or bad about the Defcon lowers at Ammo Bros???

dieselpower
11-28-2011, 8:59 AM
Anyone know anything good or bad about the Defcon lowers at Ammo Bros???

Its a lower, its just like any other. The logo is the only thing different than any other mil-spec lower. Now people will look down their noses at your rifle when they see a DTi lower since there is some snobbery in the AR15 world.

DTi isn't Tacticool Joe's choice in gear, so its not good.

jbush
11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Now, I think understand!!! There all forged out of the same type of aluminum alloy, to the same specs, but it's better to spent 50 bucks more, because you get a name brand stamped in the side and it's cool. Otherwise it's just junk. Thanks Deisel, sounds like you have a good understanding of the AR crowd.

Just a note: That's why I quit visiting rimfirecentral.com about 10/22s. It's gotten to be not about how well it shoots, but whose name is on the parts. I have a barrel from a small barrelmaker who has quite a following from the target competition crowd in the Northwest. It will out shoot most name brand aftermarket barrels, but I'm treated like a freak with a disease cause I don't have the name brand stamped on my barrel by alot of the 10/22 crowd.

Mail Clerk
11-28-2011, 2:39 PM
I saw those at Ammo Bros about three months ago at a fantastic price. My buddy and I passed on it cuz it was too good to be true!!! This was for a complete lower using a Defcon lower.

Mail Clerk

zfields
11-28-2011, 2:44 PM
Now, I think understand!!! There all forged out of the same type of aluminum alloy, to the same specs, but it's better to spent 50 bucks more, because you get a name brand stamped in the side and it's cool. Otherwise it's just junk. Thanks Deisel, sounds like you have a good understanding of the AR crowd.

Just a note: That's why I quit visiting rimfirecentral.com about 10/22s. It's gotten to be not about how well it shoots, but whose name is on the parts. I have a barrel from a small barrelmaker who has quite a following from the target competition crowd in the Northwest. It will out shoot most name brand aftermarket barrels, but I'm treated like a freak with a disease cause I don't have the name brand stamped on my barrel by alot of the 10/22 crowd.

Noticed the same thing.

gun toting monkeyboy
11-28-2011, 3:03 PM
Diesel pretty much nailed it. A lower is only there to hold parts in place. As long as it is to spec, it will work just fine. Check to make sure that it is made out of 7075, not one of the cheaper 6000 series of alloys. Aside from that, pick the one with the best price and a roll mark you like. There are people out there that are sure their Noveske lower (or many other brands) are way better than the competition. But the truth is that the forgings probably came from one of 2 or 3 foundries that turn out blanks for almost all of the shops. And it was also likely farmed out to another shop to do the actual machining. The rest is just slick advertizing.

-Mb

steve92407
11-28-2011, 5:23 PM
assembled my sons defcon 15 lower last spring very low 1xx serial number perfect fit with jd upper.6 or 7 range trips and cleanings, no chips or scratches in the ano.

tonelar
11-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Is defcon a delton brand?

shafferds
11-30-2011, 1:17 PM
I have one and they work fine. Again 99% of lowers out there are the same its just the logo on the side. I say save the money and spend it on a better parts kits, sights, upper, stock or sights. Imho