PDA

View Full Version : question on new stock screw for my sgl21

smattenson
11-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Hello everyone,

Question for the ak guys, I had one of the screws to my stock ( the screws that attach the stock to the receiver at the trunon/tang) strip due to a crappy bit and im looking to replace it.

Here goes the question I looked on k var and found this ( http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16576 ) and I want to make sure they are the correct screws to fit

zfields
11-27-2011, 1:31 PM
You will probably need to use some sort of filler in the hole if the old screw slipped out. Really just about any screw would work since you are supposed to drill the pilot hole yourself.

smattenson
11-27-2011, 1:33 PM
The striped portion is the head of the screw and not the threading of the screw ( the part where the screw/torqx bit was, hope im clear), so the treading of the stock is still fine. Will this screw work for this in this case?

69Mach1
11-27-2011, 1:37 PM
It will if it's the same diameter of the old screw. I'm guessing it is since the SGL's have poly stocks.

zfields
11-27-2011, 1:40 PM
The striped portion is the head of the screw and not the threading of the screw ( the part where the screw/torqx bit was, hope im clear), so the treading of the stock is still fine. Will this screw work for this in this case?

Ah ok, As long as the threading is the same then it should. Even then I would still fill it and redrill, but Im a bit overkill on stuff like that.

smattenson
11-27-2011, 2:04 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys :). Worst comes to worst ill just have to buy that nato length stock I've wanted :).