PDA

View Full Version : Differences between AKs.

BRANDON7766
11-26-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm not talking historical here....but mechanically/physically what are the differences between Romanian/Hungarian/Bulgarian AKs. Forgive my ignorance but I'm buying a parts kit and can't really figure out the difference. I'm going featureless with a solar tactical wrap. Want wood on grip, stock, barrel area...probably something blondish. Black throughout.

Agent Tikki
11-27-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_51/91803_NEWBIES__read_the_tacked_threads_then___.htm l

Agent Tikki
11-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Don't take it the wrong way.....I'm doing a lil research myself.

Vanilla Gorilla
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
From what I understand they are all the same internally

SJgunguy24
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Mechanically they are all the same. The Yugo's have a gas diverter to use when launching granades and they build em beefier and they blue their guns. Look at the workmanship, the machining and the fit. The Bulgarians and the Yugo's build the best guns IMO.
When you really get into collecting there are some that are just badarse to the bone. The Polish Beryl's are 556 AK's with all the tacticool rails and do dads as factory parts. Russian Krinks are pretty cool also, the wood is to die for. Some look like you could stick your finger into it like a pond.