PDA

View Full Version : This morning's purchases

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
A Vulcan .223 OLL for $180 and a Hesse .308 OLL for $375. Did I do good?

Jicko
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
W H A T ! ?

:confused:

chiefcrash
02-27-2007, 11:00 AM
...I'm gonna just hope that he's joking...

Tweak338
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
He said the 2 names that shall not be spoken!

Technical Ted
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
You did not get what you paid for. Unless you wanted to get ripped off.

Vulcan and Hesse are the same company. Another corporate name in a long line of failed attempts by the same person. Vulcan/Hesse is considered one of the poorest quality manufacturers of AR15 clones in the Solar System. Inconsistent fit and inconsistent finish quality are their industry trademark.

indetrucks
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
ouch

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
You did not get what you paid for. Unless you wanted to get ripped off.

Vulcan and Hesse are the same company. Another corporate name in a long line of failed attempts by the same person. Vulcan/Hesse is considered one of the poorest quality manufacturers of AR15 clones in the Solar System. Inconsistent fit and inconsistent finish quality are their industry trademark.

Damn damn damn. I swear can never ever keep all those companies straight. Sounds like I blew it big time. I guess I need a bloody list to keep it all straight, and bring the list with me when I go to the store. I remembered that Vulcan and Hesse were the same, but that's about it. Does anybody else make the .308 receivers? Is there even a legal way at this point to switch to a different brand (for obviously more money)?

rod
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, you did good.

You took two crappy receivers off the market that could have been sold to some unsuspecting newbie. Thanks for taking one for the team.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Here I go, running to my truck the parking lot, to read what it said on their invoice about changing your mind and forfeiting fees.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, you did good.

You took two crappy receivers off the market that could have been sold to some unsuspecting newbie. Thanks for taking one for the team.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
"I understand that if I do not pass my background check or if I back out of the sell, I will lose the $26.00 dros fee plus a $24.00 restocking fee for a total of $50.00."

Sounds like I'm not dead yet.

GTKrockeTT
02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
i'd back out. you can pick up any .223/5.56 lower for a shade over $100, and then a fulton .308 for less than $375.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:39 AM
i'd back out. you can pick up any .223/5.56 lower for a shade over $100, and then a fulton .308 for less than $375.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, that most of em should be $125, maybe $150. Honestly, I just figured that maybe I hadn't been watching prices closely enough, and maybe with the Dems in Congress or something, prices have been climbing. He alluded that a Stag would be higher still, another thing that sounded funny. Honestly, it seems like any time I walk into that store, the prices are 50% higher than expected, and they try to push screwy transfer procedures that increase the price. I really don't like having to haggle with a gun store, because of the feeling I have that "we're all in this together."

It's obviously my fault for being an idiot (jeez, a big one, I should have caught that) and not being able to keep my stuff straight, but I'm really kind of thinking when I go back this afternoon that it'll be the last time my shadow falls on their door.

NRAhighpowershooter
02-27-2007, 11:45 AM
owned....................................

Geoffkoop
02-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, that most of em should be $125, maybe $150. Honestly, I just figured that maybe I hadn't been watching prices closely enough, and maybe with the Dems in Congress or something, prices have been climbing. He alluded that a Stag would be higher still, another thing that sounded funny. Honestly, it seems like any time I walk into that store, the prices are 50% higher than expected, and they try to push screwy transfer procedures that increase the price. I really don't like having to haggle with a gun store, because of the feeling I have that "we're all in this together."

It's obviously my fault for being an idiot (jeez, a big one, I should have caught that) and not being able to keep my stuff straight, but I'm really kind of thinking when I go back this afternoon that it'll be the last time my shadow falls on their door.

Back out...then go to www.lanworldinc.com for both of those items. Stag 5.56 lower for $99 and for .308 call chris.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:46 AM
owned....................................
I was kinda thinking the same thing...

megavolt121
02-27-2007, 11:50 AM
"I understand that if I do not pass my background check or if I back out of the sell, I will lose the $26.00 dros fee plus a $24.00 restocking fee for a total of $50.00."

Sounds like I'm not dead yet.

RUN from those receivers. In the BMG world, the Vulcans are horrible(known to explosde). I'm goign to assume the same stands for the 223s. Eat the $50 and consider it a learning experience.

ivanimal
02-27-2007, 11:50 AM
A Vulcan .223 OLL for $180 and a Hesse .308 OLL for $375. Did I do good?

The 308 is OK for the build of an armalite rifle, I had to go that route to build mine. I had problems with the mag catch and mag well not being particularly true. Other than that I have a nice Armalite 308 rifle with a working lower. You are going to pay around that for ant 308 lower. Not that bad a deal there. The 223 vulcan I have is the carbon fiber one, it has a rear takedown pin issue that does not affect function, I only paid 70 bucks for it though. If you are in the SF bay area I could help you with your build. Unless you get out of the buy.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Back out...then go to www.lanworldinc.com for both of those items. Stag 5.56 lower for $99 and for .308 call chris.
Those look pretty good, but I want to stay local, with a storefront I can drive to and a face behind the counter.

RRRRR, I shouldn't have to keep on my toes to this extent when buying a frickin gun.

Astig Boy
02-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Ah dont feel to bad. Kinda embarrassing mentioning what you did, but look at the bright side of your thread, it is the best thing you did... if you didnt post you would be **** out of luck with 2 crappy lowers. $50 bucks is nothing compared to $600 bucks down the drain! This is the benefit of calguns.net!!...and knowing is half the battle!

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
The 308 is OK for the build of an armalite rifle, I had to go that route to build mine. I had problems with the mag catch and mag well not being particularly true. Other than that I have a nice Armalite 308 rifle with a working lower. You are going to pay around that for ant 308 lower. Not that bad a deal there. The 223 vulcan I have is the carbon fiber one, it has a rear takedown pin issue that does not affect function, I only paid 70 bucks for it though. If you are in the SF bay area I could help you with your build. Unless you get out of the buy.

Yeah, I'm east bay, I was actually thinking about running down to your store in lieu of these clowns once I get (most of) my money back.

tenpercentfirearms
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
The Vulcan/Hesse bug strikes again. I too have had customers buy Vulcan/Hesse and want to transfer them through me. When they come in to do the paperwork and ask how these things are, I tell them they are bottom feeders and suddenly their whole day is ruined. Friends don't let friends buy Hesse/Vulcan. :eek:

xenophobe
02-27-2007, 1:04 PM
Back out. If it only costs you $50 to back out, then you did good.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
02-27-2007, 1:08 PM
Back out. If it only costs you $50 to back out, then you did good.

$74. He said it'd be two restocking fees, and I didn't complain. For some reason he said he couldn't refund on my debit card, he cut me a check instead. Check went immediately to the bank.

SunriseF150
02-27-2007, 1:41 PM
I've had great success ordering from DD's Ranch http://www.ddsranch.com/ Great Prices and quick shipping. Usually buying from a shop is going to cost more. Every lower I saw at a shop was always alot more than online. Even after the shipping, Dros and transfer fee. Also check out Ten Percent and CWS they are good guys.

12:13
02-27-2007, 2:48 PM
If you're still looking to get the .308 lower, join the goup buy:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=50378

I already got one, but contimplating getting another:cool:

mike452
02-27-2007, 2:57 PM
A Vulcan .223 OLL for $180 and a Hesse .308 OLL for $375.

There's been some variation on the .308's fit to AR10 uppers. Some do some don't.

Back in 2005 you would have be applauded for what your got.