PDA

View Full Version : How do we plan our own swap meet?

cadjak
02-27-2007, 9:54 AM
Okay, there are swap meets for car parts, ski equipment, camera gear, why not for our interest. We all have piles of parts and widgets that somebody wants, and we could use the cash and socializing. No serial numbered parts allowed, just the "other stuff". We pick a nice outdoor spot and all get pizza and beer afterwards. Of course it means we don't get to hang on our computers looking for the bolt for our Frebnitz A17 sporters. :D Do it by region. Any takers, or am I just dreaming?

NSR500
02-27-2007, 9:55 AM
Sounds like fun

ocabj
02-27-2007, 9:57 AM
Inland Fish and Game has an Open House every year and includes a 'Swap Meet' where members setup shop to sell off stuff, from reloading supplies to components to parts. No firearms, though, even C&R. Don't ask me why.

Actually, Inland F&G's open house is April 21. I'll post more info about it a few weeks prior.

Biff...
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
thats a good idea, I'd be up for something.

proraptor
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
That does sound fun...Im down

AJAX22
02-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I'd be down, beats listing all the widgets that I don't need online (I've been saving a box full)

cadjak
02-27-2007, 2:40 PM
okay, even if only 5 people show up, I'm down for it. I live in Sonoma County. How do we get it going? When, where, and who's gonna do what? I hope it doesn't get planned to death. No chat function on this forum is there?

AJAX22
02-27-2007, 7:43 PM
Well we'd have to find a big place to host it, (maby a VFW could host it?) preferably indoors, although if we could find a range to host it it could be a really fun day. just section off a portion of parkinglot and have a free for all (and we could go shooting afterwards)

jumbopanda
02-27-2007, 8:03 PM
I've got a ton of crap that I'd love to get rid of...

psssniper
02-27-2007, 8:40 PM
I'll bring the jerky and the beanie babies...........

pause for comic effect...................NOT

tankerman
02-28-2007, 6:32 AM
I too have a ton of gun crap it'd like to swap, trade sell or whatever. Is it OK if I bring my 3 year old and let him touch everything.;)
I know that in OC they have a Tackle swap on occasion for fishing gear and it is successful, althoug I am sure that a few people may point out that there are already gunshows that serve this purpose.

Stanky626
02-28-2007, 7:19 AM
...although if we could find a range to host it it could be a really fun day. just section off a portion of parkinglot and have a free for all (and we could go shooting afterwards)

that would be perfect. count me in.

cadjak
02-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I will start a list here for folks in Northern CA who would be interested, and who think that they might know a place to hold it. Someone else can do Southern CA.

Matt C
02-28-2007, 2:06 PM
I have a place I could host at in LA, it's on a college campus though, so no receivers, even C&R.

grammaton76
02-28-2007, 2:28 PM
Advice: If you have a gun you want to sell, bring pictures and be prepared to write down contact info of potential buyers or give your own out to 'em. Pics come to the meet, gun stays behind.