PDA

View Full Version : Sparefuel.

frigginchi
11-26-2011, 8:22 AM
Found this stuff to stick next to my generator and in my car for emergencies. It's expensive but then again it's safer and stores indefinitely. I did a test on the generator and it ran fine.

http://sparefuel.net/auto/
pxtGBVtX_Jo
_bZIbJfWGfg

ireload
11-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Something for me to try. Looks very promising from what I have seen in the video and the company's FAQ page.

TheChief
11-27-2011, 4:56 AM
What a crock! This is from their FAQ section...

How does SPARE FUEL® work?
Even when your vehicle is “out of gas”, some residual gasoline remains
in the fuel line and at the bottom of your gas tank. SPARE FUEL
pushes this residual conventional gasoline into your vehicle’s
engine. The residual gasoline can then start your engine and SPARE
FUEL keeps the vehicle running.

The Spare Fuel is nothing more than something that allows your vehicle to burn whatever remaining Gasoline is left in the fuel system. If you have a highly efficient design that only keeps a few ounces in the filter, lines, or bottom of the tank, you will only get that much fuel to the engine no matter much of this "stuff" you poor into the tank.

This stuff will not run your motor by itself! It does not mix with the gas. It does not increase mileage or efficiency.

Also, what happens once this stuff is sucked up into the fuel system and does not burn up? No mention of that on the site.

I despise snake oil sales tactics like this trying to take advantage of people.

Beagle
11-27-2011, 1:37 PM
What a crock! This is from their FAQ section...

How does SPARE FUEL® work?
Even when your vehicle is “out of gas”, some residual gasoline remains
in the fuel line and at the bottom of your gas tank. SPARE FUEL
pushes this residual conventional gasoline into your vehicle’s
engine. The residual gasoline can then start your engine and SPARE
FUEL keeps the vehicle running.

What mileage do you receive per gallon of SPARE FUEL®?

One gallon of SPARE FUEL provides your vehicle with the same mileage as a
gallon of gasoline. The average automobile will travel a distance
of 8 to 35 miles per gallon, depending on the vehicle, weather, and
terrain. SPARE FUEL will provide the same MPG as gasoline.

It looks like once the residual gasoline is pushed up to start your engine and then SPARE FUEL keeps the vehicle running. It provides the same MPG as gasoline so looks like I'll be buying.

thenodnarb
11-27-2011, 2:56 PM
I made it about 1 minute into that video. When he asked him how long he had been a firefighter I said "I DON'T CARE!" and turned it off. I hate those cheezy infomercials. Get to the POINT! Generally I have a good attention span but not for that.

frigginchi
11-27-2011, 6:24 PM
Yeah it was lame. But I tried it and it works.

I made it about 1 minute into that video. When he asked him how long he had been a firefighter I said "I DON'T CARE!" and turned it off. I hate those cheezy infomercials. Get to the POINT! Generally I have a good attention span but not for that.

Beagle
11-27-2011, 9:53 PM
"highly controlled environment" "firefighting experts"

yes very cheesy, we got thousands of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan burning fuel daily. Yeah we had a few accidents but it wasn't that damn dangerous.

1. Pull out barrel
2. Pour fuel
3. Stir
4. Light her up

Seriously no firefighters were needed but if something did happen we'll all be automatics firefighters because no one is coming when we call 911.