PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales

Mrbroom
11-26-2011, 5:51 AM
Let's face it.. Black Friday's really show how animalistic humans can be! Many video's already posted on You Tube of folks out of control, fighting at the local Wal-Marts.. Though no fights or anything really crazy happened at the Turners I was at, I did take note that there are some improvements needed to help the effeciency and overall customer satisfaction.

I am in no way bashing Turners here! They are my number one store for ALL my hunting, fishing and home defense needs! This year alone, I have spent about $5,000 at my local Torrance store.

1. When there is a very limited supply of an item, do what Best Buy does. Before the store opens, send someone out front to the line and pass out tickets to those items. Start at the front of the line and work back till there gone. Great example of this would have been for that Taurus M85 that was on sale. Especialy, the stainless one that everyone wanted!

2. Pass out the "Number Now Serving" tickets before hand. Do it while passing out the limited item tickets. I cant tell you how many folks didnt know about ticket numbers in the store. While I was doing my DROS, I kept hearing and hearing over again "We're suppose to have a number" and Where are the numbers at?".

Thses two simple steps will insure a little bit more order and also serve those who came early for that special they wanted, will get it! If someone is willing to show at 2am to get that sale item.. They deserve it then..

Anyways, my Black Friday was yet another wild experience.. Turners was my LAST stop! Wife had me out all night and I kept reminding here.. Hey!! I need to be at Turners by 6am!!! hahaha

tast101
11-26-2011, 6:41 AM
When I got to my Turner's I know everyone behind the counter kept asking and reminding everyone they saw to grab a number. Dunno how it was at opening time, but I went a couple hours later.

dtjester
11-26-2011, 1:12 PM
Turners in Corona handed out gun counter numbered tickets to people in line about 15 minutes before they opened the doors. I think it worked very well.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-28-2011, 10:44 AM
1. When there is a very limited supply of an item, do what Best Buy does. Before the store opens, send someone out front to the line and pass out tickets to those items. Start at the front of the line and work back till there gone. Great example of this would have been for that Taurus M85 that was on sale. Especialy, the stainless one that everyone wanted!

We agree- we've done this during Grand Openings.

2. Pass out the "Number Now Serving" tickets before hand...

Yes we agree; some stores did this, all stores should.

Turners in Corona handed out gun counter numbered tickets to people in line about 15 minutes before they opened the doors. I think it worked very well.

;) thank you; we thought it would make things a bit less hectic.

Mac7504
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
I went to the Norwalk store, and @ 7:55am, there was a line half way around the futton shop. Wasn't bad at all, it was orderly, and no one got out of line.

However, with that being said, I did witness a guy get skipped over for the Taurus special (only 2 left and 3 guys standing there). The one fellow didn't speak up for himself so he was left out in the dust - this is where numbers would have come in helpful, but handling out numbers does slow the line a bit more.

All-in-all, was a good trip to Turners, and will do it again next year (this was my first). Was going to pick up a Kel-Tec 223 but after handling it, I was not sold on it.