PDA

View Full Version : Spencer replicas/Colt Revolving Rifle replicas

WINGEDSWORD
02-26-2007, 9:39 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Italian made Spencer Replicas? In any caliber? I was Thinking of getting one in 56-.50 But I balked at about $1.00 per round. I've heard that they were also made in .44 . I was also interested in Dixie's imported Colt Revolving Rifle (blackpowder) I heard several
horror stories both about timing and depth of the rifling. Anyone had one?

rickca
02-27-2007, 6:06 PM
I have a Spencer carbine made by Armi Sport and imported by Taylor's. The caliber is .45 Schofield. I choose that caliber because it is cheaper to buy and the components for reloading are readily available. It appears to be very well made and functions flawlessly. Shot about 50 rounds through it, but I can't remember what the groups were. It's a fun gun and it's different. That's another reason why I bought it. Also, it uses the same cartridge as my Cimarron Richards-Mason pistol. If you have any more questions, you can email or pm.

WINGEDSWORD
02-27-2007, 8:40 PM
Is the .45 Schofield in current Production and how much was it? If I get one, I'll get a Schofield Replica to go with it. I'd like to Get into Cowboy action shooting, doing am Infantry Officer impression.