PDA

View Full Version : 2012 TEOTWAWKI is not happening. 2nd part of Mayan calendar found

WokMaster1
11-25-2011, 6:38 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/americas/mexico-acknowledges-2nd-reference-in-mayan-fragments-to-2012-downplays-prophecies/2011/11/24/gIQAac0PtN_story.html?wprss=rss_world

problemchild
11-25-2011, 7:02 PM
Interesting...
The article is a bit cryptic. It does not state they found a second half. It says the calendar is circular, maybe. It also states "he will arrive from above" for the date 2012.

Sounds like they are running scared and spinning ........

"Given the strength of Internet rumors about impending disaster in 2012, the institute is organizing a special round table of 60 Mayan experts next week at the archaeological site of Palenque, in southern Mexico, to “dispel some of the doubts about the end of one era and the beginning of another, in the Mayan Long Count calendar.”"

So they are organizing 60 people not to understand and figure it out to create news about it not being true. Why 60 people if its not true? Why not one or two?

Thou doth protest too much.

RCJeeper
11-26-2011, 3:54 AM
Dude, that's gonna bum some people right the f@*k out.

r3dn3ck
11-26-2011, 7:07 AM
I'm still going to believe in it. What's the point of having irrational beliefs if you give them up the second they've been proven wrong.

Yes, I'm a 2012'er. I believe wholeheartedly that the earth and possibly all life throughout the whole universe will be ending in just over 1 year. I chose this belief; unlike most people I didn't have it thrust upon me by my parents, because it seems everyone has some absolutely retarded belief package about some entirely impossible thing that isn't given up when the belief is shown to be a fallacy. I didn't want to be the only sane person in the world so I chose initially Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism but after repeatedly not praying and yet somehow having un-prayed prayers answered I thought that it was too likely to be legitimate so I chose the next most bizarre and easily disproved religion I could, Rapture Day-ism (may/oct) but after I was raptured twice already this year and nobody else was, i thought I should choose again. so I did... now I'm a 2012-TEOTWEWKI-ist. Let it burn. Let it all burn.

Sanderhawk
11-26-2011, 7:07 AM
Dude, that's gonna bum some people right the f@*k out.

:rofl2:

cannon
11-26-2011, 8:23 AM
I'm still going to believe in it. What's the point of having irrational beliefs if you give them up the second they've been proven wrong.

That is now one of my favorite quotes of all time. Thank you

VegasND
11-26-2011, 8:35 AM
You should run for elected office.

G-Man WC
11-26-2011, 8:38 AM
Man, I had my death face all picked out!

jyo
11-27-2011, 2:13 AM
I am so happy - now that the world has ended (Mose Allison).

TrailerparkTrash
11-27-2011, 3:58 AM
I'd like to know why sooooo many "sheople" believe in all that Mayan garbage? Why didn't the Mayans see their own extinction comming way back when?

It's just like when singer Diane Warwick used to do info-mercials for "Psychic friends network" on late night TV. Both her and her sidekick "Ms. Cleo's" crystal ball never saw their own collective bankruptcy or end of their TV info-mercial empire collapse either!

If the Mayan stuff is real, so is Steven King's "The Langoliers." ....If anyone believes 2012 is "the end," can I have your guns & ammo now??? :D:D:D

The War Wagon
11-27-2011, 4:43 AM
Like I've been saying all along...

December 21, 2012 means... 4 more shopping days, 'til CHRISTMAS 2012! :rolleyes:

rrr70
11-27-2011, 5:41 AM
You mean I was stockpiling all this ammo for nothing?

fabguy
11-27-2011, 6:32 AM
It's a lie. It' a lie. If it wasn't true then why did they build the alter for their returning GOD on an island if there was a continuation to the calendar. All this stuff I have stock piled says it's gonna happen.
:TFH:
I think it's a lie, just like the nuke fallout from Japan isn't harming us.

Sanderhawk
11-27-2011, 7:18 AM
Man, I had my death face all picked out!

DTOM CA!
11-29-2011, 8:45 AM
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/184/287/9344

xrMike
11-29-2011, 2:13 PM
How could a people have correctly predicted the end of the world, yet not predict their own demise? :confused:

Peter W Bush
11-29-2011, 2:21 PM
If the Mayans were so smart then they would have known that the Conquistadors weren't gods. Why should I listen to what a group of uncivilized blood thirsty creatures predict?

scarville
11-29-2011, 4:14 PM

The Loki Game!

LoooongGun
11-29-2011, 4:20 PM
Congrats. You've made it. Truth from the land of fruits and nuts.I'm still going to believe in it. What's the point of having irrational beliefs if you give them up the second they've been proven wrong. Yes, I'm a 2012'er. I believe wholeheartedly that the earth and possibly all life throughout the whole universe will be ending in just over 1 year. I chose this belief; unlike most people I didn't have it thrust upon me by my parents, because it seems everyone has some absolutely retarded belief package about some entirely impossible thing that isn't given up when the belief is shown to be a fallacy. I didn't want to be the only sane person in the world so I chose initially Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism but after repeatedly not praying and yet somehow having un-prayed prayers answered I thought that it was too likely to be legitimate so I chose the next most bizarre and easily disproved religion I could, Rapture Day-ism (may/oct) but after I was raptured twice already this year and nobody else was, i thought I should choose again. so I did... now I'm a 2012-TEOTWEWKI-ist. Let it burn. Let it all burn. And that settles it: all my foodz and gunz are going up for sale.

CBlacksheep
11-29-2011, 4:57 PM
I was always under the assumption that the Mayans simply stopped there as a means of determining an end to a certain cycle, as that was how the periods were then determined. How the end of the world could be determined by any ancient calendar without any other proof has eluded me ever since I was first exposed to the idea. (Quick shout out to the History Channel; thanks for telling me everything I need to know about Nazis, Nostradamus, and Freemasons.)

On another note, can you imagine how packed stores will be on December 20th, next year?

LoooongGun
11-29-2011, 5:05 PM

Yes, I'm a 2012'er. I believe wholeheartedly that the earth and possibly all life throughout the whole universe will be ending in just over 1 year. I chose this belief; unlike most people I didn't have it thrust upon me by my parents, because it seems everyone has some absolutely retarded belief package about some entirely impossible thing that isn't given up when the belief is shown to be a fallacy. I didn't want to be the only sane person in the world so I chose initially Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism but after repeatedly not praying and yet somehow having un-prayed prayers answered I thought that it was too likely to be legitimate so I chose the next most bizarre and easily disproved religion I could, Rapture Day-ism (may/oct) but after I was raptured twice already this year and nobody else was, i thought I should choose again. so I did... now I'm a 2012-TEOTWEWKI-ist. Let it burn. Let it all burn. Oh, did I miss his sarcasm??