PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Disappointed.. First Firearm Purchase With RifleGear. EDIT: THEY MADE IT RIGHT!

Generak
11-25-2011, 11:37 AM
EDIT All is well! Shark gave me a $20 credit. The definition of RifleGear: Customer Service! :D

Not even a week ago a threw down a chunk of cash for a Benelli. Still have a few days of waiting to go and I am very excited to get some trigger time in on it.

I noticed that for the Black Friday sale the price of the same shotgun I paid for 6 days earlier was discounted by $20. $20 isn't a whole lot, but it's definitely money I could use. So I called RifleGear up knowing by everyone else's experience that they have some of the best - if not THE best - customer serivce out there, and I asked them if they could honor the $20 price difference since it was only 6 days ago when I put the money down and put my ten days in. The man I spoke with said that he can't match their own price and cannot credit me back the $20 difference. :confused:

This was my first time purchasing a firearm from RifleGear and it is honestly pretty disappointing that they couldn't even match their own price with the price I had paid not even a week ago. I have had plenty of other places match firearm prices for me, no problem.

I am not trying to bash at all. I've heard nothing but great things about them and all of the employees seem like really cool, laid back people. But this transaction that hasn't even been completed yet has just been a bummer. :(

johnthomas
11-25-2011, 12:11 PM
You are kind of stuck there. You can't give it back to save 20 dollars and give it back for another DROS. That will fade away once you pull the trigger on that baby. Congrats on your new shotgun though. Years ago I bought a socket set from the snap on guy that comes to work, a socket broke and all I could find was the half with the snap on logo, guy said I can't take it back, you might try to use the other half next week. Last year he came in and was looking around the shop and noticed my Mac tools. He asked why I bought from Mac, I reminded him of the socket, he didn't remember it. I said, I needed that socket, you basically called me a thief. You lost thousand of dollars in sales through the years, keep this in mind the next time you decide to pinch pennies.
My point is, on the next gun you buy, remind the manager of the 20 dollars, see if they will make it right, if not, go somewhere else.

Rule .308
11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Good luck with that with RifleGear. I had them do a similar stunt with me, I pointed out the $15.00 deal and they as much as called me a liar. I let them know that it was not the $15.00 dollars that was in the balance here but my continued business with them. They stood their ground and essentially said tough luck. I told them that was fine, took my product, gave them a twenty dollar bill and told them they could go ahead and keep the five dollars change as it was quite apparent that they needed the money more than I did. Have not been back since. I say vote with your wallet, Rifle Gear sucks.

Steve G
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
They should honor the sale price. Petty if they dont....

shark92651
11-25-2011, 1:41 PM
Generak, I heard this phone conversation going on and as the employee you were talking to was hanging up the phone we were telling him to give you $20 store credit, but he was hanging up and didn't hear us. What should the cut off be - 2 days, 6 days, a week or more? No matter when we run a sale someone is always going to ask for the sale price on a prior transaction. However, no problem with the credit, just let us know when you come in or call us back.

Rule .308, I have no idea what you are talking about. What is "the $15.00 deal"? Were you asking us to match a price online? Did you ask to speak to a manager or owner? If matching a competitors price, we always verify if it is an advertised price and if it is for an in stock item. Still, we reserve the right to not match any price and in some cases we just can't for various reasons. I'm sorry if we were unable to meet your request in this case but I applaud you for handling it with such style.

Generak
11-25-2011, 1:59 PM
Shark, that would be awesome! I really appreciate it. The credit will work out great, there is some more stuff I need to purchase. What is your real name so I can speak with you when I come in on Tuesday? I don't want to run into the store yelling, "Shark!" haha. :D

Thanks for making it right, man. Again, I really appreciate it! I'll be seeing you guys on Tuesday and in the future for some other firearm purchases as well! :seeya:

shark92651
11-25-2011, 2:04 PM
Shark, that would be awesome! I really appreciate it. The credit will work out great, there is some more stuff I need to purchase. What is your real name so I can speak with you when I come in on Tuesday? I don't want to run into the store yelling, "Shark!" haha. :D

Thanks for making it right, man. Again, I really appreciate it! I'll be seeing you guys on Tuesday and in the future as well! :seeya:

They will know who you mean, but my name is David.

Generak
11-25-2011, 2:11 PM
Sounds good. Thanks again, David!

Steve G
11-25-2011, 2:59 PM
What should the cut off be - 2 days, 6 days, a week or more? No matter when we run a sale someone is always going to ask for the sale price on a prior transaction. However, no problem with the credit, just let us know when you come in or call us back.

I was sure you guys would do it! I think a fair time frame to get a sale price match would be the DROS waiting period 10 days.

Generak
11-25-2011, 6:47 PM
I was sure you guys would do it! I think a fair time frame to get a sale price match would be the DROS waiting period 10 days.

I would have to agree with this. The only reason I asked was because I don't even have the gun yet (4 more days!!:D). If I had just picked it up and the price changed the next day, I personally wouldn't have said anything.

m16
11-25-2011, 7:55 PM
Good luck with that with RifleGear. I had them do a similar stunt with me, I pointed out the $15.00 deal and they as much as called me a liar. I let them know that it was not the $15.00 dollars that was in the balance here but my continued business with them. They stood their ground and essentially said tough luck. I told them that was fine, took my product, gave them a twenty dollar bill and told them they could go ahead and keep the five dollars change as it was quite apparent that they needed the money more than I did. Have not been back since. I say vote with your wallet, Rifle Gear sucks.

So Riflegear sucks, and you won't shop there anymore, but you still come to their forum to be a troll?

Wow.

Something tells me they are getting the better end of the deal when it comes to losing you as a customer.

Every time I go in there the place is packed anyway. I doubt they will be missing you at all.

babe
11-25-2011, 7:59 PM
hey, i bought a gun from you back in 1985. I think it's $3 cheaper now. how do i get my credit???:sorcerer:

psssniper
11-25-2011, 8:13 PM
Man times must just be tough eh? All this *****in and whining in a public forum, from a guy with 6 posts 4 of which are in this thread, over $20? Seriously dude? After the phone call I would have politely asked about the price match again when I went in for my pickup and then lived with the results either way. From Davids post I gather they would have given you the store credit and all would be well with the world again.

uxo2
11-26-2011, 8:15 AM
Thats why I hate cutomer service......

I would be out of buisness for banning everyone from my store..

20 bucks........get a life

shark92651
11-26-2011, 9:22 AM
Ok guys, issue is resolved and there is no need to berate anyone over it. I actually agree with the OP that we should honor sale pricing if the customer asks and if the gun is still in DROS. I will inform the sales staff of this policy to avoid any confusion like this in the future.

tradecraft
11-26-2011, 9:25 AM
Thats why I hate cutomer service......

I would be out of buisness for banning everyone from my store..

20 bucks........get a life

Agreed.