PDA

View Full Version : Local Rules For OLL's

SDJim
02-26-2007, 5:21 PM
For those of you who's ranges allow the use of fixed mag OLL's in HP matches, what local rules has your range adopted to allow for the loading of 10 rounds from the top.

I finally took my legally configured OLL (WOA Upper, Lauer lower, RRA UPK, tuned 2 stage trigger and an allen nut on the magazine latch to fix the magazine) out to the range to get it sighted in. Three MOA up and used the the front sight to get the range correct.

Shooting half-assed off a rest, I got a 1.5 group using iron sights.

That kept me on paper at 200 keeping all my rounds in the black. I need to work on that.

Anyway, I'd like to go the the HP Match Director with a plan and if someone else already has a set of modification already, I'd like see what it is.

TIA,

Jim

NRAhighpowershooter
02-26-2007, 5:34 PM
Basically what Richmond, Chabot, Sac Valley, and Coalinga does for rapid fire stages is after your 2 sighters,, you break open the rifle and load the mag... wait for the 'load' command and then close up the rifle with the safety on and lock back you bolt... when targets go up you drop into position and shoot 2..dismount rifle from shoulder, count one one thousand, two one thousand.. remount rifle and shoot the remaining 8.

ocabj
02-26-2007, 6:18 PM
From what I was told, there was a guy at the last SGMC match using a bullet tip magazine button. If he really was (I didn't see the rifle personally), he cleaned the sitting rapid fire stage with no problems. I was in the pits during his relay (his target was the one next to me).