PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't my local gun store have OLLs?

cxs2
02-26-2007, 4:17 PM
Why doesn't my local California gun dealer sell OLLs? I have been doing research for some time and I don't understand why the local gun dealers donít sell OLLs in California? I know my local guy will accept a transfer, no problem. But why doesn't he have them on the shelf ready to sell now? Is there a law or are they just being safe?

Chris

DedEye
02-26-2007, 4:22 PM
Because the DOJ tries to scare gun store owners and FFLs.

Maddog5150
02-26-2007, 4:26 PM
Your wrong Deadeye. Maybe they dont sell OLLs because its still a free nation and its the discission of the shop on what they will carry.

Sorry you cant find a place to buy olls but search around, im sure theres an FFL who will help you out.

cxs2
02-26-2007, 4:40 PM
Your wrong Deadeye. Maybe they dont sell OLLs because its still a free nation and its the discission of the shop on what they will carry.

So it isn't illegal though, right. For example, a person with the proper FFL could go to LV, buy an ASW, remove the pistol grip, and bring it back to CA for resale, right?

Richard
02-26-2007, 4:43 PM
Your wrong Deadeye. Maybe they dont sell OLLs because its still a free nation and its the descission of the shop on what they will carry.

Sorry you cant find a place to buy olls but search around, im sure theres an FFL who will help you out.

True statement......but it's been my experience that many of these vendors think they are the smartest of the gun community and believe we are all wrong and are going to jail.:rolleyes:

I'll throw in a fair amount of RO for that matter...maybe not about OLL but certainly on other matters. :rolleyes:
DON"T GET ME STARTED.

tenpercentfirearms
02-26-2007, 4:44 PM
Did you guys read that? He said he would accept transfers, but he doesn't sell them. Accepting a transfer on one and selling it is the same exact same. So why doesn't he want to sell them? My only guess is he doesn't like money. :D

permanent_45
02-26-2007, 4:46 PM
Pm me for info on a FFL that has them in stock CMMG that is great lower and even better price. you are int the East SF bay area right?

cxs2
02-26-2007, 4:47 PM
Did you guys read that? He said he would accept transfers, but he doesn't sell them. Accepting a transfer on one and selling it is the same exact same. So why doesn't he want to sell them? My only guess is he doesn't like money. :D

Hey, I was just checking out your web site. So do you sell legal ASWs in CA?

tenpercentfirearms
02-26-2007, 4:49 PM
What is an ASW? If that somehow means Assault Weapons, then no. We do not sell assault weapons. We sell legal off list lowers that can be fired in a legal manner.

Also if that was you that just tried to e-mail me, I tried to send a response by your comcast spam blocker kicked it back to me. See if you can fix that and I have a response for you.

cxs2
02-26-2007, 5:09 PM
What is an ASW? If that somehow means Assault Weapons, then no. We do not sell assault weapons. We sell legal off list lowers that can be fired in a legal manner.

Also if that was you that just tried to e-mail me, I tried to send a response by your comcast spam blocker kicked it back to me. See if you can fix that and I have a response for you.

No, that wasn't me that tried to e-mail you but I just did a few minutes ago. I am not on comcast or any other spam blocker so I should get your response.

HUTCH 7.62
02-26-2007, 5:22 PM
San Jose Gun exchange used to have all kinds of OLL's in stock. Last I heard they were going to start selling firearms sometime in April

mtnguy
02-26-2007, 5:34 PM
is there a FFL who has the balls to do OLL's in the inland empire (Socal) ?

PIRATE14
02-26-2007, 6:15 PM
Ya, where ya been, we do'em all the time...................:p

Well, it's pretty simple why dealers won't carry OLL, they don't have too....

They are making more money just doing transfers.....why take money out of their pocket to buy lowers....if they can find them......all they have to do is transfers and put 30-100 bucks in their pocket w/o any cash layout......seems simple.

Plus why risk a 30-50 lower inventory if the DOJ just decides to come by and add to their collection..............

If the DOJ comes by and desides that they need a few more recivers, what does the dealer care.......he didn't pay for them....you did......

Just be glad that there are few guys that xfer them......pay your money....and go shooting......go with the flow........

kantstudien
02-26-2007, 6:21 PM
So do you sell legal ASWs in CA?

WTF is an ASW? :confused:

PIRATE14
02-26-2007, 6:24 PM

ANTI-SUBMARINE WARFARE...........

DedEye
02-26-2007, 6:26 PM

When I bought my first (and to date only) OLL, all three FFLs I contacted around SB wouldn't touch them. The reason they each gave? DOJ harassment. One of the FFLs was audited and lost his license because he was selling OLLs (he just got it back recently), another used to sell OLLs but didn't anymore because the DOJ kept breathing down his neck about it, and the third was afraid to after the first FFL was shut down.

Sure, it's still a free country and they can decide what they want to carry, but the FFLs I spoke to didn't want to deal with the DOJ.

shinigami
02-26-2007, 6:28 PM

A Secret Weapon :p

cxs2
02-26-2007, 7:08 PM

I messed up and put down the wrong letters for assault weapon.

rorschach
02-26-2007, 7:21 PM
is there a FFL who has the balls to do OLL's in the inland empire (Socal) ?

Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside comes to mind, I'm sure there are more.

I'm sure if you buy an OLL from one of the fine vendors like CWS or DD's Ranch, they will be more than happy to go through a list of FFL's in your area.

ETD1010
02-26-2007, 7:41 PM
I work for a guy in Ventura County who has OLLs in stock. He usually doesn't keep them in stock because he hates having to deal with the DOJ about it. He's made money both transfering and selling, but says it's can be a bit of a hassle selling them.

jtv3062
02-26-2007, 7:53 PM
I remember seeing a oll at the gun store in Antioch. I think the name is Antioch armory. It's on 2nd street

tenpercentfirearms
02-26-2007, 7:56 PM
It is kind of funny that they seem to be harassing everyone over them. I haven't been harassed since they stole those 16 lowers from me. Just know the laws and you should be fine.

goldfinger
02-26-2007, 7:57 PM
can you pm me with the info of your local ffl & how much he/she charge? my ffl here charges an arm and a leg for ffl transfers. i know a store that have fulton & cmmg lowers in stock.

Why doesn't my local California gun dealer sell OLLs? I have been doing research for some time and I don't understand why the local gun dealers donít sell OLLs in California? I know my local guy will accept a transfer, no problem. But why doesn't he have them on the shelf ready to sell now? Is there a law or are they just being safe?

Chris

ghost
02-26-2007, 8:01 PM
cxs2 what shop do you go to?

Richard
02-26-2007, 8:38 PM

Asteroid Sucking Wormhole :D

cxs2
02-27-2007, 11:20 PM
cxs2 what shop do you go to?

My favorit shop is Diablo Valley Gun Works in Pleasant Hill. Good people, clean shop. They said, if I remember right, used gun, was $50 transfer fee and $25 background check. They said the would transfer OLLs.