View Full Version : RRA Upper with Stag Lower

02-26-2007, 3:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used the RRA Entry Tactical Upper with the Stag lower?

I remember reading that the RRA uppers dont fit well with Stag lowers? is this true?

02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
They fit fairly well, a little tight, but tight is good sometimes. I wouldn't worry about them not fitting. Even between stag lowers and uppers together, the fit is sometimes about as tight.

02-27-2007, 12:03 AM
I have a RRA Varmint upper with a Stag lower and while it's a tight fit, it will fit properly. I'm using it with a Monsterman grip though, it might not work as well for you if you're going fixed-mag.

02-27-2007, 8:31 AM
I tried to fit a RRA upper to a Stag lower and could never get it to close. Finally gave up and put it on a Spikes lower and it fit like a glove. Still have the Stag ready to go for my next build

02-27-2007, 9:08 PM
Not meaning to hijack the tread...but how about a RRA upper with a CMMG lower?

(If it gets overwhelming...i will start a new tread)

02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I have Stag and CMMG lowers with a mix of uppers. Stag lowers fit tightly and not in a bad way as long as you don't plan to top load. CMMG lowers fit loser. In my experience its more about the lower than the upper when it comes to tightness of fit.

02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I combined my RRA lower with a stag upper. (forgive me it's been a while since I played with my OLL parts, forgot the technical terms and lingo.) The front pivot pin fit perfectly fine, it slides in and out perfectly- so, it's very easy to detach the upper when I already have my gun opened. The rear pivot pin however, didn't go as smoothly. The rear 'block(?)' didn't fit into the lower! I started to panic so I lined it up and tapped it in with very little force with the 7oz (handle) hammer. It went in alright, after a few minutes of opening and closing it slides in place just fine.

The rear pivot pin is extremely tight, I had to use a punch to reload my OLL on the range, but based on the information I researched on the forums- this can be normal and requires some break-in time.

The fit is good, not shaky, very firm.

My setup:
RRA LAR-15 Lower
RRA standard LPK
RRA standard buttstock
LMT 2-stage Trigger
Stag 4h 20" upper

Sorry, vise versa