PDA

View Full Version : Hrm.."sideways" stripper clips for AK fixed mags?

JPglee1
02-26-2007, 9:58 AM
Here's a whacky idea I got while watching this video:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/th_hkSONY-1.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/?action=view&current=hkSONY-1.flv)

How about making custom stripper clips for 762x39 top loading AKs, that are CURVED to the side...

Imagine the stripper clips being made on a slight radius, say 15* or so, just enough "curve" to get the stripper clip down into the ejection port while still clearing the gas piston/carrier/top cover...

In my mind Im imagining aluminum or nylon-machined stripper clips with spring steel retaining clips (sorta like M1A strippers) and an integral magazine-guide on one side... You would load the strippers like normal and then slip the mag-guide side into the ejection port, onto the magazine and then use a thumbstud on the back of the stripper to push the rounds into the magazine. The part would be a "life time" part, not a throw away... It would sorta be like a miniature single stack thumb stud magazine, sorta...

I know its a weird idea, and might not really be "needed" but I love to think up whacky shiite, especially if it makes it easier/faster to load a "Cali-legal" rifle :D

J

Beatone
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
I like the way you think JP. Sounds interesting to me. Let us know what you come up with.

thefinger
02-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Thats a great idea. That would eliminate the need for a levered mag. Rssslvr and 69mach1 might want to try something like that since they are so used to building AWESOME STUFF for calgunners.:D

JPglee1
02-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Rssslvr and 69mach1 might want to try something like that since they are so used to building AWESOME STUFF for calgunners.:D

Thanks for the kind words man...

Just as an FYI, I actually make the magazines WITH RSSSLVR, I do most of the the welding, he handles orders and shipping and we work together on coming up with new ideas

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate it.

J

tgriffin
02-26-2007, 2:44 PM
JPglee1 Pm sent

fal_762x51
02-26-2007, 2:46 PM
Already have a design for it. I thought about it will looking at a HK21 about a year ago. Roofing tin strips, 2 flex springs, plastic blocks, and another spring.

SemiAutoSam
02-26-2007, 2:50 PM
Every time I see J come up with a new idea I think of these lines from one of my favorite films. I added JP.

"You just keep thinking Butch (JP) That's what your good at."

"Boy, I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

grammaton76
02-26-2007, 3:38 PM
Set up the guide as a 'loose' guide... you'll probably want to use lever mags with these, but it'll just make loading the lever mag really easy.

C.G.
02-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Every time I see J come up with a new idea I think of these lines from one of my favorite films. I added JP.

"You just keep thinking Butch (JP) That's what your good at."

"Boy, I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Good one.:D

thefinger
02-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the kind words man...

Just as an FYI, I actually make the magazines WITH RSSSLVR, I do most of the the welding, he handles orders and shipping and we work together on coming up with new ideas

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate it.

J

you're my hero.:p