PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Ranch backpacks

akjunkie
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I totally stumbled on thsi company while watching Shotshow videos on youtube. Never heard of them even while I was shopping for 3 day BOBs this past year for me and my whole family.

Anyone ever dealt with them? They seem to have pretty good gear.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/site/index.html

OHOD
11-23-2011, 3:01 PM
Nice packs.
I like the load haulers and the Hotshot packs.
Strap on what you need and go.

asheron2
11-23-2011, 9:23 PM
This company used to be Dana Designs. They are bomb proof and if you are willing to spend the money they are way better than anything else you will find!!!!

2 Dana Design packs that are 10+ years old in this picture.Couple more hanging in the garage at home.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq257/asheron2/SnowMountain038.jpg

m16
11-24-2011, 9:25 AM
I've used their 3-day pack.

It's got a framed back which is great when wearing it for long periods of time:

Seeker
11-25-2011, 3:09 AM
Those backpacks are real nice but they have a hefty price tag. I just recently ordered a 5.11 Rush 72 hour backpack (http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Rush-Back-Pack-Multicam/dp/B004D1R7MG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1322222743&sr=8-6). All the reviews I've read about it have been positive so I decided to take the plunge. Its gonna be my bug-out bag.

CBlacksheep
11-25-2011, 7:24 PM
Unless you plan on putting it through rough treatment for long periods of time, I'd recommend something else. As far as prices are concerned, they're on par with Kifaru. Great products, but again, consider the purpose. I'm not trying to discourage you in the least bit, however I have met plenty of people who spend way too much on their packs and are left with little to splurge on goods for prepping and end up regretting their purchase. Though I do not own any of their products, Maxpedition has universally high reviews and I have never heard a complaint from anyone who uses their gear.

asheron2
11-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Unless you plan on putting it through rough treatment for long periods of time, I'd recommend something else. As far as prices are concerned, they're on par with Kifaru. Great products, but again, consider the purpose. I'm not trying to discourage you in the least bit, however I have met plenty of people who spend way too much on their packs and are left with little to splurge on goods for prepping and end up regretting their purchase. Though I do not own any of their products, Maxpedition has universally high reviews and I have never heard a complaint from anyone who uses their gear.

I'm gonna have to agree with this100%. No matter how much i love their packs if you dont intend to use them all the time they probably arent worth the investment.

campinfool
11-26-2011, 9:08 PM
After having a Dana Design Bridger for many years, I picked up a Mystery Ranch 3-Day pack for CERT work and for my main camping day pack. LOVE it, as I LOVE my Bridger! I'll pay a bit more for USA-made goods (If they're superior...which MR is!). I also have the LA Gear pack. Nice, but I wanted to step up in quality and comfort.

campinfool