PDA

View Full Version : Anyone build their Fulton Titan 308 lower DPMS yet?

turinreza
02-25-2007, 9:01 PM
just wondering if anyone started or what you are planning on putting into
your OLL 308 .. which upper are you going to use..etc...

planning on doing this next batch.. would like to see the progress people are making..
thanks
jimmy

pc_city
03-12-2007, 8:28 PM
?:confused: ;) :rolleyes:

adamsreeftank
03-13-2007, 1:01 AM
I'm considering having JP rifles build a custom DPMS 308 upper. I just can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

gose
03-13-2007, 8:34 AM
I'm considering having JP rifles build a custom DPMS 308 upper. I just can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

That was pretty much my idea as well. Getting a fulton lower and then have JP build a CTR-02 in .308 :)

dthoss
03-13-2007, 9:33 AM
Fulton Armory offers .308 Upper Assemblies in both 18" Carbine and 20+" Rifle.

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-13-2007, 9:44 AM
Fulton Armory offers .308 Upper Assemblies in both 18" Carbine and 20+" Rifle.

Unfortunately from what I understand, Fulton really pissed off alot of people last year, and the only reason people are buying their lowers is because of the lack of other options that are decent.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

tiger222
03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I took advantage of the TAC20 offer CWS was having, so my FAR will have the 20" H-Bar upper with the DPMS quad rail - real basic stuff, SDMR style with a 4x hensoldt & blitz mount :)

The exposed part of the bbl is the same thickness of the as the Colt H-Bars / Gov't bbls. I am going to ditch the factory flash hider and going with an Armalite 2 port recoil check (which are on special btw for $18 if you don't want to spend the $80-135 for a Coolie or an OPSINC).

Again basic military style is what appeals to me the most.

turinreza
03-13-2007, 2:34 PM

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5.php

if i just have a stripped lower and assemble it.. would
all i need to get is the jp performance package?

thmpr
03-13-2007, 2:49 PM
I have worked with JP for awhile now and all I need is 6 interested buyers to have a discount from JP on a complete build. All we need to do is ship your lower to JP directly.

Around $1800.00

Please let me know...

turinreza
03-13-2007, 3:41 PM
I have worked with JP for awhile now and all I need is 6 interested buyers to have a discount from JP on a complete build. All we need to do is ship your lower to JP directly.

Around $1800.00

Please let me know...

sounds juicy but am low on funds ..
(this is a year long project for me to build :) )

btw - there is a new Mini SASS dpms...

dthoss
03-13-2007, 8:49 PM
Unfortunately from what I understand, Fulton really pissed off alot of people last year, and the only reason people are buying their lowers is because of the lack of other options that are decent.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I was'nt around when what ever happened happened and was unaware of a group boycott, if one exists. All I know is I am on the range with my FAR-308 having a great time. :D :D

veeklog
03-13-2007, 8:53 PM
I was'nt around when what ever happened happened and was unaware of a group boycott, if one exists. All I know is I am on the range with my FAR-308 having a great time. :D :D

I just got a fat tax return, and will be buying the Fulton .308 lower in the next few weeks. I first need to finish my AK and last OLL CMMG build, and then start on the .308.

Oh my God, it truly is a nasty sickness!! Is there any cure for the BRD? This is like having a meth problem, and Brownell's, DD's Ranch, and CWS are the dealers!!!:D

CALI-gula
03-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately from what I understand, Fulton really pissed off alot of people last year, and the only reason people are buying their lowers is because of the lack of other options that are decent.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Fulton's reaction was knee-jerk, but blown out of proportion by some Calguns members. At the time, if a company was selling direct to CA dealers, yes, I supported them over Fulton; it is why I don't own any Fulton .223 lowers, but I don't see a need to forever boycott Fulton - which is why I now own 2 Fultons in .308 (I have not built them up yet, to answer turinreza).

Early in the OLL ignition, rampant misconception about what was OK and OLL was high. If unsure, I could see Fulton's ignorance leading to the perception of a need to protect their business with no sales to CA. Wasn't there was someone here with first-hand knowledge that CA DOJ contacted Fulton directly with coercive threats?

I bet Fulton knew the score, but did not wish to risk being the direct shipper to CA dealers, yet were comfortable shipping to dealers outside of CA as middlemen. Surely Fulton knew the eventual destination.

There were plenty of other manufacturers that also did not ship direct to CA, or deal with CA, just as there were plenty of dealers at that time that said things like "Any AR receiver is illegal" yet now those same dealers are selling DCI and WASR and PTR91 rifles as fast as they can get them in! Fulton surely sees the numbers and knows full well of the "Group Buys" here on Calgun. It would be stupid of their marketing, R&D, or business development teams to not know what is going on in CA.

There are worse infractions by companies acting directly against our rights. I prefer to boycott those companies working in concert with the Brady campaign against our rights, like the old Smith & Wesson did in the Clinton years - but is there any reason to boycott the new Smith & Wesson? I am sure one could find something (hey, they won't ship ARs or receivers to CA) but Smith contributes so much more to supporting guns rights now, their positives outweigh their faults.

Of course, that could just be MY perception - doing a search on "Fultons" or "FAR" and looking at the older posts might reveal more about that history and any worthiness of a boycott.

PIRATE14
03-14-2007, 8:22 AM
Well, I know there are over 50 CWS customers..........slinging 30 calibre lead down range in their new rifles.......w/ various uppers......I don't know what the other 100 or so guys are doing yet:D

Plus there is another the 25 from group buy;)

turinreza
03-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I am thinking a Tac 20 DPMS upper if and when it becomes available.

I want to put a Trijicon ACOG TA55A on it so I want to be able
to shoot long distances.

I also want to have detachable magazines on it so I want to remove the
panther flash hider that comes with the DPMS but that thing is like
3 inches and would put the tac 20 at 17 inches... I don't want a
muzzle break on it but probably just put a thread cap on it.

The only problem is the lenght of the barrel is too short for shooting
long distance and I don't know if putting a barrel extender on it would
affect the accuracy too much..

The only other option is using the 24in bull barrel version but that
is too heavy (if it was 24 inch with a panther flash hider if all i had
to do was remove the flash hider and put on the thread cap that would
be a perfect 21 in barrel )..

Since I want to remove all the evil features to have the detachable
magazine I want to have a stock that is shorter than an A2 stock
so I don't have to do weird position to shoot the trijicon
ACOG sight..

Any thoughts?