PDA

View Full Version : New toys

D1911
02-25-2007, 2:06 PM
Picked up a couple of new additons over the past couple of weeks and thought I'd share a pic (sorry 'bout the poor quality):

The top is my Beretta Steel 1. It's 9mm, steel framed with a Brigadeer style slide and Vertec grip. It has a dovetailed front sight, Novak rear and frame mounted safety that allows cocked and locked carry. It also has a speed type hammer and an excellent single action trigger. It feels very good in the hand and is Italian made. Can't wait to shoot it!

The bottom is my early import CZ 75 (note the markings on the front of the slide. This gun is unfired and has the original box, papers, and test target when I got it (Got both from the same fella). This gun feels super good in the hand, and although it's still unfired, I've handled the hell out of it. I have a chance to buy a new polished stainless CZ 75 so unfortunately, this gun will be sold.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q68/d1911/CZandSteel1002.jpg

Greg-Dawg
02-25-2007, 2:09 PM
What's so good about those two? Never fired a Berretta or CZ.

I've held a Berretta but the grip was too big.

D1911
02-25-2007, 3:09 PM
What's so good about those two? Never fired a Berretta or CZ.

I've held a Berretta but the grip was too big.

Didn't say that there was anything "so good" about them. Just posted to share the photos.

SnWnMe
02-25-2007, 3:17 PM
Not very good at my Beretta-ese. Vertec grip = slightly steeper grip angle? Sharp looking gun regardless.

SnWnMe
02-25-2007, 3:18 PM
I just now noticed the frame mounted lever. is that a safety?

Sheldon
02-25-2007, 3:18 PM
Let us know how different the shooting with the Steel is versus a regular aluminum framed Beretta 92. What did the steel go for?? Sounds like a sweet pistol.....wish they were more common as I think I'de like to get one.

D1911
02-25-2007, 3:21 PM
I believe the Vetec grip angle is a bit more like the 1911 grip angle. It's very comfortable and doesn't feel nearly as portly as the regular 92/96 grip. That is a frame mounted safety, so the gun can be carried hammer down with safety on, or cocked and locked like the 1911. Thanks.

mike100
02-25-2007, 3:22 PM
Do the original cz (pre-b's) have a better trigger without the hammer camming?

Greg-Dawg
02-25-2007, 3:27 PM
Didn't say that there was anything "so good" about them. Just posted to share the photos.

Well there's a REASON why they're your new toys right?

TonyM
02-25-2007, 3:44 PM
D1911:

Hope you enjoy them, they look nice.

Greg-Dawg:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you don't like something, there's nobody forcing you to comment. Some of us like all kinds of variations, not just what you think is "good".

CalNRA
02-25-2007, 3:57 PM
I have average to small hands and the Berettas I fired felt great. But other people with similar sized hands did not fare as well :dunno:

I really like the early berettas with the frame mounted safety, the reason why I like the PT92 more than the 92f. DA and cocked-and-locked-capable is the best of both worlds.

Greg-Dawg
02-25-2007, 6:19 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you don't like something, there's nobody forcing you to comment. Some of us like all kinds of variations, not just what you think is "good".

Just asking about the guns, that's all. Don't get your panties in a bunch buddy.

TonyM
02-25-2007, 7:35 PM
Just asking about the guns, that's all. Don't get your panties in a bunch buddy.

I don't wear panties, "Dog". Your comments read somewhat as an insult, but, it's probably just your way... since you spell it "Dawg".

luvtolean
02-25-2007, 7:36 PM
WOW! I really like that Steel 1.

Where did you get it and how much?

What's the parts interchangeability with the "regular" 92 series like?

And since I'm lazy, I take it this is on the Cali approved list?

Schlamoo
02-25-2007, 8:20 PM
The Beretta is very cool with the frame mounted safety! Nice looking gun.

The CZ is a classic. That gun looks exactly like the one I used to own, importer makings and all. The CZ and its clones is a great handling/ergonomic guns. Yes the original ones had a wonderful trigger pull, very smooth da/sa. Kinda funny, I sold my CZ 'cause I thought I needed a Beretta.

D1911, good for you. Enjoy!