PDA

View Full Version : WTS: C&R eligible U.S. Model of 1917 rifle

IrishPat
11-21-2011, 4:32 PM
RIFLE REMOVED FROM SALE. I MIGHT REPOST AT A LATER DATE, BUT SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION.

WTS:
A U.S. Model of 1917 rifle, made in February 1918 by Eddystone. In regular .30-06 caliber, barrel date matches receiver, and barrel is not a replacement. Mostly Eddystone parts, some Winchester. Metal is about 85%, with better finish in some spots. Wood was probably lightly sanded (or less) during post-WWI refurb by the DOD. Some cartouches remain. A few of the eagle head stamps are present on the metal of the rifle, as is the flaming bomb Ordnance mark on the barrel and left receiver wall.

Action is tight and crisp, and is very sturdy. Bore is a 5-groove, about G+ to VG, with some rounding of lands. Barrel shows signs of having shot corrosive ammo, and is a bit dark in the grooves. I didn't completely nail down the ammo preference on this rifle, but it appears to like heavier (175, 180 grain) bullets. I haven't yet tried M2 Ball in it, but it should do well with that, being the issue ammo at the time. Crown is fine, no nicks. This rifle really shoulders nicely, and the sights are excellent. The only reason I'm selling it is to upgrade into another Model of 1917 Eddystone!

TERMS:
First unconditional, no BS "I'll take it" gets it, according to time/date stamp on PM, here, or email. This is also for sale on another forum. The ONLY form of payment I accept (except for cash) is a USPS MO. An ink-signed copy of a 01 or 03 FFL must accompany the USPS MO. No trades considered or accepted, as this sale is for freeing up funds to pay for another item. Thanks anyway.

PICS:
I can take pics of more specific parts but be sure to include a reliable email address, as I will take and send them via iPhone.

MY STANDARD WARNING:
I reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone, but most especially to those who've screwed over other forum members, or those who have been shown to be habitually rude to knowledge seeking members here. Unrealistic and self-serving offers will be ignored.

PRICE:
$475 shipped, $450 FTF

Thanks,
Pat

IrishPat
11-22-2011, 4:49 PM
BTT

IrishPat
11-22-2011, 5:14 PM
RIFLE REMOVED FROM SALE, THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INTEREST. I MAY REPOST AT A LATER DATE.

Pat