PDA

View Full Version : John Bush on Agorism

Hunt
11-20-2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=42ZJ69EgDdc

Taidaisher
11-21-2011, 5:44 AM
Right around 8:30

encourages individuals to engage in black and gray markets. Black markets are activities that are illegal and gray markets are activities that are legal but you have to get permissions first.

So his stance is requires you to do things that are illegal, or are legal but you need permission. Kind of like, you know, if you wanted to start a business, but had to apply for a license to perform said business.

He also talks about how we give the fed value through the use of their currency, then proceeds to advocate the use of silver as a currency. He tries to advocate a pre-1964 silver 10 dime. Stating that the coin is %90 silver, that that dime is actually worth close to $2.00. The value he placed on the silver coin he says we should use as currency, is a value weighted in by the Fed he says we should ignore.

problemchild
11-21-2011, 8:46 AM
He does say some things I agree with. One BIG thing he said was that the federal"Fusion" centers are watching the people that are not in the system. If you vote, pay taxes, buy groceries and make a car payment you are most likely not on a watch list. If you home school, are in a militia, grow your own food, hunt for meat, and dont have a job paying taxes you are probably being watched.

Not a very credible person.

Hat backwards
Message T-shirt
Long hair
Anti-Military message at 21 mins (military beat and murders people at will for no reason)

Whoever he is representing needs to get a better spokesperson.

CBlacksheep
11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
He does say some things I agree with. One BIG thing he said was that the federal"Fusion" centers are watching the people that are not in the system. If you vote, pay taxes, buy groceries and make a car payment you are most likely not on a watch list. If you home school, are in a militia, grow your own food, hunt for meat, and dont have a job paying taxes you are probably being watched.

The fact that he put this on YouTube shows that he probably does not actually believe or follow his own message.

As a firm believer in self reliance, I do not appreciate people like this. Personally, I think they ruin the image of people who are into prepping. They are the poster children for news rags and alarmists.

... I think I hear rotors. Any of you have tin foil you can spare?

Ripon83
11-21-2011, 1:14 PM
Agree with CB. A lot of people prepare, like many Mormons, but you hardly even know it. It is those who go off the deep end with anti government, Fed, etc etc rants that give a lot of people who prepare a bad name. Mind you I don't like a lot of things about our government, and would love a return to silver and even gold real value coins vs the Fed but extremism will get you no where fast.

I don't think those who practice self reliance are on government watch lists unless they practice self reliance and a lot of other things that can be construed as potentially dangerous to the people at some point in time.

Taidaisher
11-21-2011, 2:01 PM
People need to understand that there are differences in the meaning and usage of words.

Prepper means someone who preps
Prepper doesn't mean an anti-government, anarchist, who also happens to prep.

problemchild
11-21-2011, 5:42 PM
"On September 20, the Department of Homeland Security sponsored a mock assault on a school bus. The fictitious terrorists who supposedly planted a bomb on a school bus were portrayed as a group of homeschooling radicals labeled "Wackos Against Schools and Education." The Muskegon Chronicle described this unforgettable role-playing scenario dramatized by local students"

bohoki
11-21-2011, 8:41 PM
shucks i thought you said algoreism

bohoki
11-21-2011, 8:41 PM
shucks i thought you said algoreism

Desert_Rat
11-21-2011, 9:20 PM
You can say that again.