PDA

View Full Version : Went to Angeles today

Prc329
02-24-2007, 7:34 PM
That's 3 weeks in a row. Well, probably the last until my son is born. I took three AR15s including the one with the spikes tactical fake can. I really like the can but I wil elaborate further in a second. This is the first time I really had a chance to get some groups. I learned a few things today. I need to work on my technique. I had absolutely no problem hitting the steel dish at 100 yards on the pistol/shotgun/rifle range.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/IMG_0674.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/IMG_0671.jpg

Those groups came from my 18" DPMS SDM-R upper with CMMG lower and RRA 2 stage trigger. It has the Mark 4 clone mounted (work flawlessly again, and I realize how much I hate the Baraska scope). I could have gotten tighter groups but I was moving to much. I forgot to get pics of the groups from the rifle wit the fake can on it but it was about the same.

BTW, the targets were 8" targets.

A photo of the rifles on the table.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/IMG_0670.jpg

My buddy finishing sighting in the ckonepoint.'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/IMG_0676.jpg

My 18" is picky. It did not like Wolf steel case or the wolf m193. It loved the wolf gold 75 grain stuff. Everything worked in all other uppers. It loves the XM193, AAE and winchester white box

markymark
02-24-2007, 7:45 PM
Lucky. I have to work on Saturdays... :(

Prc329
02-24-2007, 8:06 PM
It was a good day. I took 600 rounds between the 3 of us that went.

Beetle Bailey
02-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I think I saw you guys there. I was the guy to your far right shooting those same steel plates with an 8mm Mauser and a Ruger 22/45 w/red dot. Nice groups.

madjack956
02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
how was the crowd?

NwG
02-24-2007, 11:28 PM
When did they install benches on the pistol shotgun range? Lat time I was there I don't remember seeing them....

Prc329
02-24-2007, 11:37 PM
I think I saw you guys there. I was the guy to your far right shooting those same steel plates with an 8mm Mauser and a Ruger 22/45 w/red dot. Nice groups.

I was about 3 or 4 tables in after the green benches. I was to the left of the asian guy shooting the A2. I saw him there last week with an MP5 and a Robinson Arms XCR. It must be nice to be FBI. All his stuff was in its natural state and with high cap mags :(

The crowd was pretty nice. The last few weeks I was there everyone was really cool and just having fun. A couple of guys commented on my rifles and we all just had a great day shooting. Last week it was packed but still a good group.

Prc329
02-24-2007, 11:38 PM
When did they install benches on the pistol shotgun range? Lat time I was there I don't remember seeing them....

Well to the right of the main office is the steel pistol plates, the hangers for targets, then the benches and the clay thrower.

Stanky626
02-25-2007, 1:01 AM
Yup, the shooting benches are at the very end, way past the pistol section. They're perfect for zeroing your scopes. That's where the night shooting takes place, too.

Sydwaiz
02-25-2007, 6:10 PM
I was there Saturday morning as well! On the rifle side. Had to re-sight in my AR and sight in my new Tikka 22-250. If you saw a rattle canned AR, that was me.

Mute
02-25-2007, 6:16 PM
I was there yesterday morning also. What time were you there?

BamBam-31
02-25-2007, 6:22 PM
Okay, we all have to wear our Calguns t-shirts next time we go to Angeles. :D

Me and Beetle were there from 1:00pm til about 5:00pm, mostly at the rifle benches on the right.

Beetle Bailey
02-25-2007, 8:23 PM
Well, I was wearing my "Molon Labe" polo shirt because I post a lot on THR, but to show I'm a real Californian, I'll wear my "Evil but Legal" T-shirt the next time I shoot my OLL at Angeles. The only problem is, if BamBam-31 wears his the same day, we're gonna look like dorks!

BTW, later in the day (I think you guys had already left) I did do a quick demo for a couple of guys who had never shot an AR before since I had my RRA NM with me. They thought the "bullet button" was silly until I explained what it was like "in the bad old days before the bullet button. . . "