View Full Version : XS sights

02-23-2007, 2:49 PM
Hello all,

I just installed a set of XS sights (plain white dot and bar) on my Glock 35 and while it is great and fast, I am looking for an alternative (other than tritium) for the front sight. I am currently looking to possibly get the Novak fiber optic tactical front sight to use with the XS rear sight, but I can't find any specs on the height of the Novak front so I don't know if elevation will be off when I use that with the XS rear. Does anyone know if this combination, or any other combination might work, or have worked for you? Or just the Novak fiber optic front sight height? Thanks.

02-24-2007, 8:23 AM
Well since nobody offered any insight or suggestions, I've decided to be the test subject and bought a Novak tactical fiber optic front sight and will be pairing that up with my XS bar rear to see if that combination will work. I'll post results.

02-24-2007, 8:26 AM
Why change a good system?

02-24-2007, 9:15 AM
The XS standard dot, the version I got to make sure the dot won't cover the entire center bullseye at 25 yards or even 10 yards for that matter, can be hard to see in bright day light outdoors. I tried sight paint on it but acquiring the sight picture, although still faster than a standard three-dot system, still takes some effort to see that front dot. This is why I am thinking of trying the Novak fiber optics front. A friend of mine has fiber front sights on a few of his guns and they grab your attention very quickly on presentation.

03-01-2007, 9:57 AM
Received the Novak fiber optic front sight from Brownells yesterday and installed it last night. The front sight height and dot location is exactly the same as the standard dot XS sight (albeit the dot is a bit smaller than the XS standard dot), so point of impact should be the same as the XS. I will shoot it tomorrow night to verify. The Novak fiber front is bright under the sun and really grabs your attention; indoor the front is like the XS standard white. I like the combo, and I'll post a few pics when I have the chance.